• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

How quickly should I raise my methadone dose?

seanimal

Bluelighter
Hello all, I have recently gotten on methadone after trying everything else. I have tried suboxone, cold turkey, herbs, and all that good stuff. Methadone is my only option.
Anyways, I was wondering how quickly I should be raising my dose? I started on thursday at 30mgs, went to 40mgs on friday, and today (monday) raised to 50mgs. The doc wants to raise me to 60mgs on wednesday, and then on friday, considering how I feel, raise me to 70mgs and put in a note on monday to raise me to 80mgs. Does this seem right? Or is it too fast? I'm really trying to do this correctly..
I was doing around a gram a day of dope, and my doctor said usually with people who do a gram a day, he will end up putting them on 100mgs. I think that's where he is aiming with me. Does this sound okay?
Also, for some odd reason, I don't feel as "good" as I did today on 50mgs vs yesterday on 40mgs. Is methadone another "less is more" type of deal, like with suboxone? Or am I just getting used to it and this is how I should be feeling from now on?
Boy, methadone is freakin' confusing.
By the way, I really wasn't sure if this should be in "sober living". I know it has to do with recovery, but not necessarily "sobriety" because obviously I'm on methadone. If it needs to be moved, please do so.
Thanks again in advance guys!