Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

GHB how do you take it

DiSturBeD_1

Bluelighter
It seems that i have read at erowid and the FAQ here on GHB but it does not mention how it is consumed?

it does mention IV but i won't do that and i am sure most of you wont either. It mentions drinking bottles but does not actually say you can drink it. nor does it say what gives the best effects... any comments

GHB is pretty much always taken orally. I guess it isn't explicitly stated in the FAQs because it is taken for granted. A bit like doing a FAQ on tobacco and not mentioning you smoke it (yes people use snuff but it is such a minority, much like the extreme minority of people who IV GHB)

drink.....make sure you have a glass of cordial or something next to you cause it tastes fucken terrible.

Beware of GHB though, read up alot before you do it.

Something slightly OT but still in with G topic

GHB tastes like salty water and 1,4b is the metallic tasting stuff. That is also another way of telling the taste.

Usually the people stating how YUCK the taste is, is because it is 1,4b.

wazza said:
Something slightly OT but still in with G topic

GHB tastes like salty water and 1,4b is the metallic tasting stuff. That is also another way of telling the taste.

Usually the people stating how YUCK the taste is, is because it is 1,4b.

Salty, thats an understatement, I'd say more like frighteningly sweaty footy socks.

JoKeR =D

damn 1-4b tastes SO FUCKEN bad..
when it used to be around in my circle, we used to mix it with straight cordial, and then put a little bit of water in it and down it quick hehehe..

ive never tried ghb though.

Consuming the GHB

As someone mentioned earlier... be very carefull with GHB, it is an easy drug to O.D on (I know first hand) + the media thrives on it when ppl O.D on "fantasy" "liquid X"etc..

I will lay down all my knowledge & experience if it is incorrect or unsafe please dont hesitate to correct me, however all knowledge is by my own personal experience :)

Measuring:
I choose a plunger syringe. Just your local chemist sell em. I get a 3ml syringe (cost is like 45c)

Dose:
I have a high tolerance & i consume 2ml, others with less tolerance (or feel effects easier) consume 1.5 or even 1ml.
The trick here is not to over do it. You have to remember that the quality is not monitored. Always, especially with new batches start off on smaller dose so you do not get caught out by a purer product.

Consuming:
I choose to put it in a shot glass. For me the taste isn't that unbearable so i just make up the rest of the shot with water, however it DOES taste undesirable. For an alternative try using juice or cordial (instead of water) but if that still is no good, chase it with a full glass of juice or cordial.

Effects:
Pretty much come on instantly... I mean in a matter of minutes (on empty stomach) so be aware that it can be that quick.

Duration:
You can usually get a couple of good hours out of it before re-dosing.

Re-dosing:
I was always told that redosing SHOULD NOT BE ANY SOONER THAN 2 HOURS !!!! This was always put strongly to me & I follow it obviously for safety reasons! As for the qty, I drop it down a bit cause the second dose will usually hit you harder than the first. My first dose will be 2ml while my second will drop back to 1.5ml.

Dangers:
GHB is a relaxant, too much can cause your breathing to slow right down & can even get to a point where it stops !
I know first hand the dangers. I almost lost my girlfriend to the above reason. Ive wanted to write a thread on my experience but this only happened 3 weeks ago & i cant bring myself to get that deep into the traumer of the ordeal just yet.
In short.. after her 3rd dose she spiralled down hill. Her memory from this point is blank of the whole situation which was about 2-3 hrs.
This is really really short version of events. G/f falling "asleep" & mumbly (couldnt talk clearly) in car on way home & head flopping round the place so was trying to hold it up. By time we got home her head was limp as was the rest of her body, she couldnt talk walk etc... had to carry her upstairs- put her in shower where she became "lifeless" couldnt see or feel her breath & NO response at all.
Thought she was dead!
Got her out of shower... not breathing !managed to get her back to consiousness but kept passing out, kept her in "recovery/safety" position. took her to b-room & put her on bed. trying to keep her consious was a big big task. breathing very light n shallow.
Stayed with her & kept her consious till she straightened out. Gave her tiny sips of water & cool grapes.
She eventually came to constant consiousness but complained of being sleepy. Had no recollection from approx 5-10 mins after 3rd dose till this point in time !!

Was the freakiest experience of my life, thinking that someone you love is dead/dying in your arms

BE EXTREMELY CAREFULL WITH THIS DRUG. DONT LET WHAT I HAD TO ENDURE HAPPEN TO YOU. IT WILL.... FUCK!....YOU UP.

Last edited:
ALSO REMEMEBER!!!

You never no what concetration your GHB may be, so saying 1ml, or 15ml, or 8 ml... could kill someone..

Start off VERY small.

Hopefully most idiot dealers have stoped selling concentrate. (ie 2ml per dose).. cos its way to easy to take to much.

Example..

Using a 15ml per dose amount I take a dose.. Poor a dose for a friend. someone comes into the room, and starts talking, and distracts me.. I turn back to see cup in my hand, *GULP*
down the second dose goes.

As soon as i did it i realised what i had done..

But that was to late. I spent the next fifteen minutes *fighting* to stay awake, then i fell asleep *so i thought*.. I actually must have been "sleep walking" or alike.. cos i dont remember doing anything but others say i made i right old fool of myself.

I then slept for two hours. Waking up in a pile of drool :O

Chem.

Excellent and well written

Ahh you guys never cease to amaze me!! you write such good posts and even tho i dont know any1 who can get GHB or its other counterparts i know about it now to some degree.

I dont think it is too popular over in WA yet, but i guess its time may come.... :D

No one seems to have mentioned it but I am of the understanding that mixing alcohol and GHB is very dangerous, would someone with more knowledge like to comment

papapilla: glad to hear your g/f was ok afterwards, but I just thought I'd suggest some other ways of managing a G OD. (This is not a criticism, I know you did what you thought was the best thing in the circumstances, but just so that others can learn some better ways. Plus you did the two most important things - put her in the recovery position and trying to keep her awake, so well done!) I'm sure there was an old post on this, but I can't find it.

It's probably not the best idea to put someone in the shower, in case they collapse and you have a wet, unconscious person surrounded by hard surfaces. It could be very difficult to prevent them from injuring themselves in this situation.

I also wouldn't encourage giving the person food or drinks, as there is a risk of vomiting in G overdose. If a person vomits while unconscious, there is a risk they will aspirate (breathe in) the vomit, which is dangerous. papapila: I guess your g/f must have been more alert by this point if she was able to eat?

Putting the person on their side in the recovery position is very important, (here's a pic of the recovery position ).

Next, try to keep the person conscious by shaking them, or if need be applying painful stimuli like a sternal rub. This is where you rub your knuckles on the sternum (breastbone). Try it on yourself, it's bloody painful! If the person doesn't rouse with this, and their breathing is very slow (less than 8 breaths a min) or non-existent, or their colour is off (pale or blue), seriously consider calling an ambulance.

No one seems to have mentioned it but I am of the understanding that mixing alcohol and GHB is very dangerous, would someone with more knowledge like to comment

NEVER, EVER COMBINE GHB/1,4B AND ALCOHOL. EVER.

They increase each others effects, making you lose consciousness, vomit, convulse, and possibly stop breathing.

BigTrancer :)

ghb etc and alcohol

I read some where that ghb has a greater affinity of metabolism in the liver than alcohol. The introduction of alcohol will compete with ghb in the liver and apparetently the ghb will always win. Ur pretty much left with excess alcohol in Ur system, leading to alochol poisoning or severe intoxication.

Ppl have said it once and I'll say it again:

NEVER MIX G etc WITH ALCOHOL

Don't quote me on this. As with everything on the internet research it urself from credible sources.

From Erowid GHB Health page:

WARNINGS :

Be safe...avoid mixing GHB with alcohol. GHB can be dangerous when used improperly or when mixed with other depressants. Combining a normal GHB dose with alcohol can trigger the overdose reaction of temporarily unrouseable sleep. GHB has been associated with 60 deaths in the US, according to the DEA, though most have involved other drugs (most commonly, alcohol) or high doses.

GHB may dangerously depress breathing in some people, at very high doses, or in combination with other drugs (primarily alcohol). GHB can also cause vomiting in combination with unconsciousness, which can be a fatal combination. It has also been known to cause breathing similar to Cheynes-Stokes Breathing. GHB has been associated with 60 deaths in the US as of Jan 2000, according to the DEA, though only ~20 have been confirmed as GHB-only deaths.

Be extremely careful with your GHB dose. Just as you don't want to drink 4x the amount of alcohol needed to get you intoxicated, you don't want to ingest more than a single dose of GHB. As with other substances, start low and work up slowly to find your own, individual level.

If you take a double dose of GHB you may FALL UNCONSCIOUS and be UNROUSEABLE for up to 4 or 5 hours.

If you take 3 - 4 times your Personal Threshold Dose, you may find yourself Unconscious and Vomiting.

If you take more than 3-4 times your Personal Threshold Dose, there is risk of death.

If you take GHB, make sure your friends know about its sleep inducing characteristics.

One of the most common dangers of a mild GHB overdose is being taken to a hospital and treated as if you have OD'd on a depressant. This include stomach pumps, breathing tubes and IV's, not to mention huge hospital bills.

BigTrancer :)

Babydoc_vic, thanks so much for your words of advise but I should have written my full experience with more detail.
Luckily my instinks drove me to all the right things.

If you refer to my first post (of my experience) I had to carry her up the stairs etc... She was well & truely on her way to unconciousness at this stage. When I put her in the shower there was no way she could even come close to standing up. So I sat her on the ground with the water flowing over her legs (not over her head).

It was once in here that she bacame unconsious. As in the movies.... I was slapping her on side of face, once i was getting no response I checked her breathing- could not feel any breathing. I carried her out of shower & laid her down on floor in lounge room, more slapping of face which provoked movement checked breathing again to find only very light.

This is where i layed her in "recovery position" thanks to those St Johns ambulance courses & surf life saving days I actually new this kind of procedure.

After getting more life out of her I carried her to bedroom laying her on bed. More & more slapping of face to keep her concious (poor thing complained of headache when she finnaly came to). She kept on telling me she was very tired & wanted to sleep but I wouldnt let her.

I finally got her to a point where she was continuosly awake. She at this point had no feeling or control over rest of her body. She could not move her arms & legs... I moved her hands about & they were lifeless I kept them moving (bending fingers in & out etc...) untill she had movement.

She was dry in the mouth so I was dabbling water onto her lips (not pouring it in) so she could get some moisture back.

I moved her legs & feet till she could move them. It was now she was totally coherant & I got her to sit up & she was now drinking water on her own accord. I then gave her cool grapes from fridge to munch on. I kept her awake for a good 3/4 of an hour chatting back n forth just to make sure she was ok & was going to slip back.

To this day- bout 4 weeks later- she does not remember a thing from that 3rd dose till when she was fully consious. As for me the emotions still flow back very very strongly- like I said earlier there is no emotion that can compete with that of holding the one you love in your arms thinking they are dead! Not something I want to experience ever again.

Which brings me to... if you choose to take drugs.... DO IT RESPONSIBLY & IN MODERATION.

I hope my experience combined with the great advise available on this site will
(A) help avoid what I had to deal with
or (B) help you make the right decisions in the event of this situation