• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids oxycodone scheduale to avoid addiction?

nancy145

Bluelighter
i just got a constant supply of oxycodone and really really like opiods so ill be doing it a lot but i know oxy is more addictive than meth and crack so i wanna be careful. im thinking about making a sort of schedule for it, like if i use today then i cant for 3 more days then use again and take a break for 2 weeks after 3 months or if i wanna use both today and tommorow then not use for 6 days(for example). does anyone know what a safe scheduale would be? i want it to include how often i can use,how often to take breaks,and how many days in a row i can use without getting hooked if i going by the standard schedule then how long to wait after. also can you put the approximate chance of getting addicted after 1 month, 3 months, 6 months,1 year, 4 years, and 10 years going strictly by your scheduale, if you or anyone you know has used this schedule and how they turned out, and how likely you think it is that ill get tempted to stray off the scheduale and get hooked.i want to be able to use as often as possible but i dont wanna be addicted to this stuff.

There's no "safe schedule". Different people become dependent on opioids at different rates and there is no way to tell beforehand when addiction will set in.

Unless you have a box which you can lock yourself out of for weeks at a time, you will eventually give in. The chemical need outpaces most (Read, 75+%) people's willpower. If the supply is difficult to acquire and you buy in small quantities, you can safely use once in a while. Otherwise you're at risk

Hello every body and hello nancy145. I've been around BL for a while, but now will make my first post.

To reiterate, there is no "safe schedule". Also please don't confuse addiction and dependence. They are two separate phenomena. Simply put, dependence is the where your neurons adapt to consistent exposure and will only function normally when oxycodone is present. Cessation of said chemical will precipitate withdrawals. Addiction is a state in which an organism engages in a compulsive behavior, even when faced with negative consequences. A hallmark feature is being unable to limit intake of substance.

That said, if you have a constant supply, I highly suggest confiding in a friend or significant other to help you control the dosing. Otherwise it's far to easy to spin out of control. It's also important to know for how long before this point have you tried opioids? Do you find you have a naturally high tolerance? There are soooo many factors that are going to play into this.

I've tried to hold down a schedule, it just didn't really work. I would limit 1-2 oxys to weekends only, Friday night, Sat or Sun, but i had a few weeks were each weekend night I would consume and started to note tolerance building. So i've just ended up taking a break.... been 2 weeks now with no plans to pick up soon