• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc phenibut

butcher22

Bluelighter
I have been taking phenibut daily for at least 6 months straight. yes i know you are supposed to wash out all that, too late. i only take about 2 and a half grams a day which i don't think is very much considering how long i have been taking it and how quickly most peoples tolerance builds.
i am using it to deal with panic attacks, social anxiety and alcohol withdrawal.
i guess my question here is more wanting people to confirm that 2 and a half to 3 grams daily isn't that much for someone who has been taking it as long as me right?
it is starting to lose its effect, i don't care about the euphoria, i just want anxiety and wd relief. upping my dose shouldn't be a problem right?
thoughts?

It's not really a cure for your anxiety brother.

Eventually you either continue to up the dose as your body becomes accustomed to it, or you come off altogether.
2.5g a day isn't unheard of, but it's still in the range where you will have some withdrawals. If you go to 3-4 or even 5g a day, it'll just make coming off of it worse.

Why are you so anxious?
What do you think makes other people anxious?

It's not really a cure for your anxiety brother.

Eventually you either continue to up the dose as your body becomes accustomed to it, or you come off altogether.
2.5g a day isn't unheard of, but it's still in the range where you will have some withdrawals. If you go to 3-4 or even 5g a day, it'll just make coming off of it worse.

Why are you so anxious?
What do you think makes other people anxious?
I have GAD, social anxiety and PTSD so I am always a nervous wreck. I know that eventually phenibut will stop working for me all together but right now it helps me cope so I will cross that bridge when I get there.
I am actually moving across the country tomorrow so now is not the time for me to think about coming off but once I am settled in at with my new home and new life I do intend to taper off and wash out for a long time and hopefully eventually start taking it again but only once or twice a week like I should have in the first place.
Thank you for your response.

Well it sounds like you've made your decision, then.

Good luck.

yeah, my question wasn't very clear. i basically just wanted it confirmed that 2.5 grams isn't bad for someone who has taken it as long as i have so that i don't feel to shitty about upping the dose.

Well I'll tell you one thing the side effects from heavier use and even at your usage level tend to build up the longer you take it, as well as supposed (no research really to prove it) kidney and liver toxicity, so I would keep an eye on that. In my case I thought it was killing me and damaging my kidneys after using 2 g 2x a day and sometimes more. So yea I would think twice before you up the dose. And btw I used it for two months until I got fed up with negative side effects like a spun out horrible dizzy and poisoned feeling and weaned off with gabapentin. The withdraw is vicious I felt like I may have died doin that one cold turkey. Be safe

I'm in the same position as you. 5 1/2 months of 2.5-3g a day. I'm struggling to taper off this shit. I wouldn't recommended trying to use it long term. The side effects are getting bad at this point. I'm down to 2g a day and already feeling withdrawal symptoms. I wish I never started.

I'm in the same position as you. 5 1/2 months of 2.5-3g a day. I'm struggling to taper off this shit. I wouldn't recommended trying to use it long term. The side effects are getting bad at this point. I'm down to 2g a day and already feeling withdrawal symptoms. I wish I never started.
i wish you the best man

Is Phenibut safe in terms of not being toxic to the liver, kidneys, heart, etc??

I am interested in buying some and trying it just as something to have on hand in extreme circumstances, never more than twice in a week absolute max as I've been advised, but hopefully usually not even once a week.

I just want to make sure it's safe though.

Have there been any studies of it in peer reviewed journals?

Has there ever been a fatal overdose on phenibut?

Thanks

Last edited:
In high doses (I believe 7+ grams) it can cause fatty liver. I'm sure an overdose is possible but it'd have to be extreme conditions. I had a buddy who took 25+ grams in a suicide attempt along with a whole bottle of celexa and a bottle of southern comfort. He was found, had his stomach pumped, and lived. He's never been the same since that day though. He told me he could feel the phenibut effects for over two weeks. Lol. But that was probably just the after effects of his brain being fried.

Ugh omg that's making me so sick already... I took at least ten grams the one night when I first got it and let's just say I regretted that move for at least 36 hours lol. Next day felt even worse like the worst spun out alcohol hangover of my life.

anyone wanting to use phenibut would do well to pay attention to the washout because this is not the type of drug that's applicable for everyday use. The side effects and supposed kidney damage continue to build with long term higher dose usage. When I got off phenibut I stayed off for about two months and now I use it one to two times a month and that's it. It's best used in this manner.

Well you are at a lower dose than I was. 5+ grams daily for 5-6 months until I started tapering. I tapered down to 1.5 - 2g a day and then hopped on GABAPENTIN. Try it. I started 1200-1500 mg gabapentin each day for 3-4 days. It wasn't entirely painless but I don't think I would have gotten off if I had just tried to taper completely off with phenibut alone. The tapering from 5+ grams a day to 2g of phenibut was by far the worst. Some days I would feel fucked up from a drop, but since the half life is so long I think it took me a couple days to notice the "drop" by which it had already been dropped more.

My doc won't give me gabapentin. I tried explaining the situation and he advised me to go to some inpatient rehab facility. Lol. He's a dick