• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Quitting Meth IV...

sharpmetalmulisha

Bluelighter
It is basically that time where I need to quit doing dope (crystal meth) so that the dope doesn't do me. This time around I went harder than before and despite numerous warnings from those around me and plenty of others I chose to mix my high in a spoon for IV injection. I have read that withdrawal from IV vs smoking is much more intense and more difficult to stop. I do not have money for a detox facility, rehab, or a week to crash out. I have to go to work, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. I work at 7 Eleven as a cashier, it isn't hard. Would smoking it for a period of time reduce my tolerance that has been built from injecting, if I abstain from using needles in the process. Basically would it help lessen the severity of withdrawal if I switched my ROA from IV to smoking? I am prescribed Wellbutrin XL and Mirtazapine. Suggestions to achieve long term abstinence is much appreciated.

Honestly, when I started shooting crank, smoking it never got me high again. It was weird. Maybe it was because I didn't get the rush, but either way I just felt like I drank a strong cup of coffee. I used to take Remeron too. Take some to get to sleep, wake up go to work, that's all you can do. If you keep on doing it then it won't get any better. Hope it goes well boss

Thank you for the response. Smoking it doesn't get me high either, just sleepy. Hell, if a shot isn't big enough it will relax me and within 45 minutes I will fall asleep. <---- Not an effect I desire, which is why I need to lay off for a while.