• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

<I> need help quitting opioids. Help with a plan?

darkwebacct

Greenlighter
<i am> sniffing 30-40mg roxy 3-4x daily and wants to stop. She has recently relapsed after 3 years of sobriety. She had a dream recently that she procured the following:

10x 30mg MS contin pills
4x 30mg roxicodone pills
3x 10mg methadone pills
50x 15mg codiene pills
4oz promethazine cough syrup
2x 8mg bupe pills w/o naloxone
2x 8/2mg sub strips
50x 10mg valium pills
5x carisprodal (muscle relaxors)
1/2 oz kratom powder
and a box of kava tea

(she is a very vivid dreamer)

She CANNOT miss work in this dream and has a very demanding job

She wants to use what she as at her disposal to wean off of the roxis, what would be a good plan to get off of opioids with the minimum amount of discomfort and WDs

She is thinking along the lines of this

Day 1
30mg roxi 3x daily oral

Day 2
1 30MG MS contin 2x daily

Day 3
60mg codiene 3x daily

Day 4
45mg codiene 3x daily

Day 5
30mg codiene 3x daily

Day 6
15 mg codiene 3x dailey
10mg valium 2x daily, in AM and before bed

Day 7
2mg bupe 2x daily
10mg valium before bed

Day 8
2mg sub 2x daily
10mg valium before bed

Day 9
1mg sub 2x daily
10mg valium before bed

Something along those lines. She wants to make sure the dream isn't too unpleasant in case it recurs. Anyone ever have a similar dream or have any advice for SWIM?

She doesn't want a lecture, she wants to know how to get through the nightmare without missing work.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to bluelight. We don't use swim or variants here. I'm going to move your thread.

Basic Drug Discussion -> Sober Living

Hey dw and welcome to BL:)

IMO rapid tapers are kinda useless. long tapers work out well. it takes about one week for the body to eliminate the last level of drugs on board and allow the system to regulate back to a semblance of homeostasis.

If you have the means to I would consider starting at 90 mg a day for one week. Then I would drop five mg every seven days. For the last 10mg you may wish to only drop 2 or 3 per week.

The problem with fast tapers is the half life drops catch up with a person after three or four days and they find themselves in considerable withdrawal. I don't think there is anyway around this as it takes the system around seven days to adjust to a drop. So a person does not feel any relief from a drop for seven days after. So if a person rapidly tapers then they do well for a few days, but since they are not giving their system time to adjust and keep dropping they end up in significant withdrawals and only seem to have increased the amount of time they will experience them for.

Subutex has a very long half life.. So adding it at the end will mean that you will still be in withdrawal 10 to 14 days after you last dose of it.

In order to prevent precipitated withdrawal from the subutex then you will have to make sure you are in significant withdrawals before you take it. You should consider this as you have yourself scheduled to take it right after the codeine from day six. Codeine does have a very short half life but it still takes 24 to fully be out of your system.

Here are some medications that work very well for acute opiate withdrawal.

medications for acute opiate detox

The medications I would explore the use of for detox would be:
>Clonidine< DOSED EVER FOUR HOURS..

one of either
>NEURONTIN< >HERE< >HERE< >here<
OR >Lyrica<
OR >phenibut<

>A BENZO BUT JUST AT NIGHT<
>a nsaid<
>melatonin<
tylenol
Senokot S is a stool softener and laxative. If you do not want the laxative you can go for strait stool softenerDioctyl sodium sulfosuccinate.

(Opi Withdrawal) what is the best comfort meds for opiate w/d?

Your Personal Opiate Withdrawal Arsenal

I would really recommend exploring the use of gabapentin or lyrica as these drugs can have a profoundly positive effect.. not a cure by any means, but are some of the best weapons we have.

Your going to get through this again. :)