• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids I seem to have developed a kind of block preventing normalcy if not opiated.

Bomb319

Bluelighter
It's the same thing with methadone if I've taken my dose too early or can't go early in the morning to get it for some reason. Basically what happens is that I can't seem to muster the motivation to do anything other than stay in bed - even if I'm not sick yet. For years during the worst of my addiction, this all started when I began to anticipate and fear the impending withdrawal when I ran out of drugs or money. I guess at first I responded that way only when I started feeling sick enough to actually feel unable to do these things. But now...for example, I got a take-home dose of methadone for today which I stupidly took last night instead (I don't seem to have much more willpower with it than I did with H). Even though I woke up feeling completely fine and even a little bit buzzed still, I started to get very anxious, have very little energy, am unable to get anything done, and worst of all don't end up eating anything all day (which by the end of the day contributes a lot to physical withdrawal when weak and shaky from hunger).

It's a vicious cycle that seems to be very hard to break. Despite knowing logically that there's no reason to be this lethargic, I've set myself up so many times that I can't feel any motivation even to talk on the phone, and I just can't be happy or have any positive mood whatsoever. Similarly, an hour after my methadone kicks in, I sometimes start doing a lot of cleaning, become very talkative, go out for long walks, etc. mostly because I know psychologically that I'm "covered", will feel fine that day, and don't have to worry about how I may or may not feel in a few hours.

Does anyone know what I mean?

yeh mate i think all opiate addicts get it abit. yours is more severe tho. and i agree depression it sounds like abit aswell. its a very fuck u up psychologicall,y addiction is opiates. i know ezactly what u r going thru i get it, but sorry i dont have a fix other than trying to force yourself through and it can get better with time if your not using h on top.

Your just so used to feeling a buzz from your methadone or H that you forgot what it's like to be straight. Of course you feel talkative and good after you've dosed, that's how opiates make you feel! That feeling only lasts for the first few hours after dosing and then you feel straight. When we work our backs might ache or our bodies get sore, when we don't eat right we have no energy and get anxious. It's all part of being sober or semi sober. You can't be feeling buzzed 24/7. Look after yourself and you'll feel better. You may need to take something for depression or anxiety too.
Be safe.