• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Sobriety! :) (sort of)

brownbradley39

Bluelighter
I finally have two months of sobriety from alcohol! It's a huge step for me as i've never made it past a month! Alcohol turns me into a completely different person, somebody who does stuff i'd never dream of doing sober. And in these last two months my life has been getting better and better! BUT however, I haven't been 100% clean and sober. I still occasionally do weed and mushrooms, which i'm not worried about at all because neither are addictive at ALL to me and both have potential for spiritual uses to me. However, what does bother me sometimes is I occasionally use poppy seed tea. :/ however now that i'm not drinking I have some self control and am not abusing drugs. It just bothers me a little at times because I feel I might be cheating sobriety. But I can put weeks in between times of using it. What do you guys think?

Congradulations:)

I would drop the poppy seed tea like a glowing ember.. nothing good will be found there.

Mushrooms are not addicting and they actually can do a great deal to combat addiction. MJ is addicting, but very kind on the body if used properly. If it does not cause anxiety that causes you to drink, then you're surely winning.=D

Please consider using the wisdom and insight your receive from the mushrooms to blaze a path that leads to a change in thinking and perception that will lead you to a very peaceful and enjoyable life away from alcohol.

Last edited:
You are not cheating sobriety. It is a myth that once you were an addict/alcoholic that you cannot enjoy any other drugs/substances. Although I do agree with neversickanymore. As much as I don't think its bad for someone to use it, poppy seed tea is the one thing that could trap you again and it is not worth the risk.

I wouldn't call weed so much addictive as I would say it is habit forming. The effects don't lead to a craving, but you can fall into a habit of wanting to put a haze over everything since it is very comfortable. So you will stay in your haze as much as you can. With weed if you ever fall into the habit though it only takes a day to shake off the haze.

Yeah I agree, mushrooms are wonderful for coming to new perspectives that can lead to peace within your mind.

I disagree with it being a Myth. That would be an opinion. Lots of studies and research prove otherwise.

Nonetheless, congrats on no alcohol. Wish you lots of luck on your journey to sobriety.

Yesterday was 2 months with no alcohol. :) it just made me do reckless, stupid, violent, and immoral. When I was drunk I would do things i'd never dream of doing sober, so it's been a pretty nice 2 months haha

Congratulations!! Keep it up ?. Today is 106 without everything for me. Few days have been rough (today being one of those) but overall I still feel a hellava lot better than when I was using.