• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Fired Up! The February 2015 Getting and Staying Clean and Sober Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueSaffron

Bluelighter
Can anyone start the thread? If not my apologies and please delete :)

It's February - the shortest month of the year. For me it's time to take the bull by the horns (and apparently time to use cliched phrases) and finally kick this addiction. If I stop now I should be feeling pretty decent by summertime. I think it's time to just do it. I'm going to do a few more days on subs to even out after my relapse a couple days ago, and then I'm going to see about jumping off into Cleanland. There are so many things I want to accomplish in the next few months, and I know I can't do it worrying about an addiction.

Good luck everyone! %)

Please adhere to the Bluelight User Agreement and Sober Living Forum Guidelines.

The January thread can be found by clicking >Here<

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks BlueSaffron =D

You can even throw in a cool picture to start the thread off if you desire to

I'm doing well and looking forward to February..

forward and up.. steady as she goes.

Hi all sorry i dissapered for a while obviously its cuz i relapsed hard.
I dont think i have another heroin kick in me i am so lost.
I have tried evreything from posh rehabs to rapid detox to ibogaine and nothings seems to work.
I am on my 3rd day cold turkey from benzos heroin and alittle methadone.
I feel terrible havent slept in 3 days which is torture and.knowing theres weeks ahead of me with no sleep.
I still hit up my dealer evreyday eventho i dont want to use im so fucked i really hope i pull thru this.

Wish you all a great february

didnt use heroin or opiates once during the month of january!! ready for february to be a good month!

Totachcan you get anyconfort meds at all? Even some immodium or something?

Guys. Im going to stay 100% clean for this month. No alcohol, no marihuana, no stims, no psycs, no benzos, no dissos.

Human relations, eating healthy, proper sleep and increase my exercise.

4 weeks!!

Happy month to everyone!

All or nothing Month for me.

Haven't used MDMA/LSD/oxy for years but a steady diet of cannabis (rare these days) and constant alcohol + etizolam.use have worn me out.

Last week my work forced me into the hospital and central.ER who after a CAT Scan and MRI (whatever those are) said I had 'disequilibrium' and bad reactionary to my medications .. total crap,.the mood-stabalizer /antipsychotic /sleep-aid I've been on for years have only gone f**ked on me one tyme.
Hospital said 'take beneydrl' and call your a doctor for a work release.

Well knave brand new insurance,.no.Dr., no psych. Can't work or drive until I get this sorted out
My pRents are trying to help out which Is humiliating since I've tried to keep them in the dark 18y ears

Took me about 30min to post this cos of how f*cd my typing & coordination.are this week.after I sampled some 'flubromazepam' which didn't get high at all) but forced to UA for meth, opiates, and PCP + benzos/cannsbis.Which I didn't deny)

So now I'm looking losing my career, community respect, house (unless I can fix my broke car & sell it) .. already majorly unstable on my meds so February is gonna be a challenging month .. afraid to face.it bit how.it ends could.change.my.life.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to good things in February. I'm going to the gym regularly now. Starting to feel PAWS less and less. Trying to take of the opiate-sugar-binge weight. Working more. So far, so good. :)

Did a taper off methadone Jan 30th was my last day and I plan to stay clean.
hope to be seeing you guys more is the sober living and mental health thread.

Good vibes and luck to all

Thought I'd pop in, it has been a couple years since I was last here ? clean date is Dec. 29 2010 and going strong. Work the step with a sponsor, go to meetings, do service, that's been my recipe! Peace and love y'all

Damn Mehm.. its been a while.. very good to see you and great to hear your doing well!!:)

i am trying the best i can today. life has been hard for me, especially because i am starting to develop feelings towards certain friends. yes plural. i am not sure which person i am infatuated with, and which person i really like, or if i like any of them at all! i have school, work, sobriety, friends, and spiritual work, i dont feel like there is enough time in the day! then add in emotional drama and shit got completed real quick. god damn i just want to run away!

i guess i can look at the situation like...

“We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”

-Abe Lincoln

Bleh.

I need to come around here more.

Struggling lately with this overwhelming fear of a sober life. How am I supposed to stay sober forever? It feels so daunting. Guess that's why they say 'one day at a time'.

Today marks my two weeks independence from opioids (and all psychoactive substances other than weed and beer) :). Shit, it's probably been over a year since I made it this far. I even quit smoking cigarettes. I'm attempting to simplify my life and attain happiness free of all material/chemical needs. I'm also going to cut out the cannabis and alcohol within the next week for at least a month or so as I often feel I use them as crutches even though they do no harm in my life. This is my final battle, attacking my demons from all angles! Don't think I have another detox left in my weary bones. Sobriety feels good but I've been having some mighty fierce bouts of depression/anxiety.

Does anyone have any good suggestions on where to meet new people living the soberlife and all that shizz? I've distanced myself from all my dope using comrades and it has resulted in me having almost no one to kick it with haha. I never realized how drug and alcohol infused my social life had become. I was thinking of taking up yoga or something similar.

Best of luck and much love to all!

The other day I was so sick and tired of the opiates, I wanted to throw them in the toilet. But decided to finish them and taper instead of going cold turkey, hopefully I can kick them in the next week when they are all gone. This time no Subs I want to be clean and clear minded.

Been struggling lateley, haven't used any opiates except my Subs but today it's been hard and it's all I can think about, really the past few days...i'm not going to give in to it anymore though I'm so tired of it =(.

Clean from psychedelics for 4 months and from weed and beer for a week, feeling great, NO CRAVINGS which is HUGE for me! My whole outlook on life got blessed and invigorated when earlier today I posted something that totally improved my recovery, since then I've been so high- not on drugs- on life! Here's what I posted: FUCK MDA AND MDMA, ETC... I'm ready to experience new highs that aren't due to ingesting a chemical. The drug highs just gave me a glance at a fickle, elusive beauty for 8 hours and then it all vanished when I came down. I'm ready to experience lasting highs and lasting beauty, like love with a beautiful woman, and my dream of working a productive organic farm, and adventures like backpacking the Appalachian Trail. Those are all lofty dreams, and I can't experience them if instead I spend all my time chasing some elusive high and fickle beauty that MDA and MDMA, etc. gave me. Here's to the real, lasting beauty of a better life, a better one than getting high on amphetamines all the time. I hope all you guys/gals experience your best dreams like I want to.

Great work!!!

Im turning in early as im pretty worked.

24 more down everyone:)

a1bc781ac0a22035efa2e06edb81f968.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.