Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

A Common Myth about PMA

melancholic

Bluelighter
I've noticed that many people I talk to at events seem to believe that some pills contain PMA and well as MDMA to create a longer and more intense roll.

These myths frustrate me incredibly because the people that tell me this, are firm in their belief!! Now, by no means am I good at getting a point through to somebody in a normal setting, thus in a club or event environment I'm far worse off, yet I just cannot convince these people, that PMA is not present in good pills.

This has happened many times, usually during fleetingly short conversations with randoms, however two main times stand out. The first time, a while ago, a group of Adelaide friends told me that PMA is put in most pills along with MDMA to make the roll stronger. They believed that most pills from Adelaide had PMA in them. I don't really give a damn about the arguments of pill pressing locations etc etc - but what bothers me is that they reckon that a small dose of PMA is often present to make the pill better.
A second time, which was actually last Friday night, I met a guy who claimed that the Pink Safe Sex/Durex pills only lasted a long time because they not only contained MDMA but MDA and PMA as well. That was his reasoning as to why they were so strong and why the roll wasnt just intense and short lived (like some other good dose MDMA pills). He reckoned that he'd tested them himself, and that his dealer had them tested also. Now, I don't believe every damn fool who claims they're in the know when it comes to pills and all, but this guy was obviously not an amatuer. He was simply totally misguided in his understanding, and couldn't be argued with.

My issue here is that some of these people spread their so called knowledge that PMA is in some pills along with MDMA (generally the 'good' ones) and it could lead many people down the wrong track.

So, if you're ever talking to anybody who happens to mention that PMA is present in some pills to make the roll better, tell them in some kind of nice way that they are wrong, and point them to bluelight so they can correct their views! :)

Holy fuck, people actually believe that?! This is FAR more dangerous an urban myth than the one about glass in pills. Thanks for the warning Melancholic - we have to stamp out this bullshit NOW.

PMA alone can cause death and the risk of fatality increases dramatically in combination with stimulants; in fact there were at least 6 PMA related fatalities between 1995 and 1997 in South Australia (and at least one since). In five of these cases other amphetamines (incl. MDMA) were used in conjunction with PMA. Erowid refs: (1) (2)

PMA is more dangerous than MDMA.

At dosages from 60-80 mg (lower than those used regularly for Ecstasy), it can cause a sudden, large, and potentially fatal rise in blood temperature, body temperature and blood pressure. One of the recently reported deaths came after a young woman ingested 3 pills, not uncommon with ecstasy, but potentially deadly with PMA.

BigTrancer :)

about a week ago i was told that i was getting some pink pills for an event that has just passed. i was excited, but i was also a little worried.

i was excited, because i was hoping that they might be some of the old pink safe sex/durexs.
but i was also worried, because i was afraid that they might turn out to be the pink gators/crocs from melbourne.

i told one of my friends that i was worried it was a croc, because of all the stuff happening down south with the PMA in the crocs.
now he knows, that i would prefer a pill that leaves me shattered rather than a real clean pill. but what he said made me want to get up and hit him.
he said "nah man, you would love PMA(he's neva had it, neither have i). i hear that it fucks you up worse than pills do. you should get heaps, you'll be fucked"
i told him that it had been responsible for many deaths, espescially when mixed with another drug. he went on to say that people have died from ecstacy, speed and many other drugs, so he said there was really no difference.

he lost a lot of my respect when he said that. because he started doing pills before i did(he introduced me to it), and i thought he would be a little bit more educated about drugs like PMA and what they can do to you. i obviously thought wrong.

what i am saying is

DON'T GO OUT TO INTENTIONALLY TAKE PMA UNLESS YOU REALLY KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING.

what really pissed my off is that he told me i should take HEAPS of it. which showed that he really didn't know what he was talking about.

BTW i didn't end up getting any '"pink" pills for the event. i got rolexs and envelopes(mmmmmmm........ yum!!!!) instead.

PEACE OUT, and remember

DON"T TAKE PMA

Being from Adelaide I have come across and ingested numerous PMA caps and I can assure you that MD anything is far superior, hell even K ranks higher in my books. I was in the honeymoon period of my chemical love story and was uninformed and unaware of the dangers I faced. I trusted my supply so blindly that I also never tested. I firmly believe that stumbling across sites like dancesafe, erowid and bluelight was life saving. Being an active contributor to pillreports the death of fellow Adelaidian Alan aka Ian Hard also hit home. I am astonished to hear that the consumption of PMA is being so flagrantly encouraged and its dangers being so nonchalantly downplayed. Lets just hope that this urban myth can be laid to rest before a member of this misinformed community.

JoKeR :X

I implore everyone to slap the fuck out of anyone spouting this crap! Consider it a public service, and while you are doing it say "PMA IS LETHAL AND NASTY!" so they learn it off by heart. I want to second what BT said - combining PMA with other stimulnats including MDMA appears much more dangerous than PMA alone.

To be honest, I've sometimes thought that PMA gets a bad rap, because people aren't careful enough with it and it gets sold as MDMA, so is consequently VERY dangerous. However, PMA doesn't sound remotely fun even when taken by itself, in controlled doses:

Excerpted from Shulgin's PiHKAL, PMA entry:
DOSAGE: 50 - 80 mg.

DURATION: short.

QUALITATIVE COMMENTS: (with 60 mg) At just over an hour, there was a sudden blood pressure rise, with the systolic going up 55 mm. This was maintained for another hour. I found the effects reminiscent of DET, distinct after-images, and some parasthesia. I was without any residue by early evening (after 5 hours).

(with 70 mg) It hit quite suddenly. I had a feeling of druggedness, almost an alcohol-like intoxication, and I never was really high in the psychedelic sense.

In short, I can't see any decent reason for anyone wanting to seek out PMA. I do know, however, that the chemical process for making PMA is essentially the same as for making MDMA, but with easier to obtain precursor chemicals. Perhaps some chemists 'practice' making PMA first to train themselves before attempting to make MDMA with expensive and difficult to obtain precursors.

Definitely NOT a desirable product IMHO. Avoid at ALL costs as a point of health safety. There's just no good reason to ingest PMA at all.

BigTrancer :)

Well, I know many people who fucked up on PMA before.
Anyone that says PMA is good in pills, obviously knows very little about drugs in general. If you look on the instructions of EZ-TEST
it says ' IF THE PILL APPEARS TO CONTAIN PMA , DO NOT CONSUME'.

PMA is fucken poison, its used to cut pills when the dealer or distributor wants to make more money, its still possible to have some form of peak on PMA but that is more opinionated then fact.
They have found to be in caps before. If you are Buying CAPS make sure you test them as they are notorius for PMA. Best way to avoid PMA , is to test, also do some research on Blue lite before buying your pills. You can die from PMA!

i've had PMA pills twice before. never found it to be particularily pleasent, just incredibly hot, sweaty and all around uncomfortable. PMA is not fun as a recreational substance at all.