• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxycodone / Hydrocodone / Opiate Tolerance question. Best answer 5pp

jake559

Greenlighter
So i had a few questions about Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, and just opiates in general. I know this is mainly a weed kinda form, but every time i post this on yahoo answers, or whatever i get a bunch of people saying its bad and they hope i od, or that just simply hate.

For anyone who uses opiates on this form, maybe you could help.

How long would a tolerance to hydrocodone start to build after every other day use?
Is the tolerance to Hydrocodone, or opiates?
Could i start taking Oxycodone and only need 20-30mg if i have a tolerance to Hydro needing 30-40mg to get high?

Please explain, thanks
tongue.png

1. Every other day is not enough to prevent tolerance. Depending on your dosage, bodily metabolism, it may not even be enough to prevent dependence/addiction.
You will see a rise in tolerance weekly if you are taking for recreational purposes. As the amount needed for euphoria vs analgesia will steadily increase.
2. There is a general cross tolerance amongst all opiates. The amount varies depending on ate/oid/natural/synthetic. Again metabolism (liver) plays a large roll in cross tolerance.
3. However oxy and hydro are similar ( Semi-synthetic, both thebaine derivatives ) Oxy is generally considered to be 1.5 x stronger than hydro. i.e. 15 mg hydro = aprox. 10 mg oxy.

what kind of oxycodone pills you are taking play a factor as well.

Even though the mg is the same, I always felt like I got higher doing a single 30mg Roxi over eating 3 perc 10mgs because you can absorb the oxy all at once.

Brands shouldn't make a diff. However Roxi is being sued for too much oxy in their pills, and watson had a bad batch of hydro.