• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Handling/Storing/Making a Tianeptine Solution

FlawedByDesign

Bluelighter
So tianeptine is the most hygroscopic chemical I've had the pleasure of getting stuck on my fingers. I assume 80 proof alcohol would work as a solute? I see alot of people are having problems with Propylene Glycol.

Here's a copy-n-paste of a Reddit post someone may find helpful:
In another embodiment, the present invention provides a method of making tianeptine hemisulfate monohydrate, including the steps of: (a) dissolving tianeptine or a sodium salt thereof in a mixture of water and acetic acid: (b) adding a solution of sulfuric acid in a solvent comprising water alone or in combination with acetic acid to the reaction mixture of step (a); and (c) crystallizing tianeptine hemisulfate monohydrate. In some embodiments, the method may further include the steps of: (d) isolating tianeptine hemisulfate monohydrate obtained in step (c) above from the reaction mixture; (e) washing the tianeptine hemisulfate monohydrate with a mixture of water and acetic acid; (f) further washing the tianeptine hemisulfate monohydrate with water; and (g) drying the tianeptine hemisulfate monohydrate.

Last edited:
No no no lol, I've never used needles and never will. The powder is just incredibly hard to work with. The first time I used tianeptine it came in a 100mg per ML solution that was dissolved in what tasted like grain alcohol. The powder gets sticky as soon as it touches the air so a solution is is much easier to work with. I was wondering if normal 80 proof alcohol would work? Thanks for your concern though:)

Generally the more water you have in your alcohol the less effective it will be, 40% ABV is not really alcohol with water in it, so much as it is water with alcohol in it.

What form of tianeptine do you have? The freebase or a salt of it? If it's the sodium salt of tianeptine (which it very likely is because I suspect the freebase is not hygroscopic - won't get sticky when exposed to moisture - but I know the sodium salt is) then you can dissolve it in some water, or vodka, whatever works. The solubility for tianeptine sodium in pure water, or in pure ethanol is around 90 mg/ml, so I think mixtures of the two will work fine.

I was hoping you would chime in:). It's tianeptine sodium. Since the first solution was 100mg per ML and in some sort of ethanol/water mixture I think I am going to use Tanqueray Rangpur since it's 90 proof and has that awesome lime taste.

Why not just put them in capsules instead of all this crazyness?

Because the powder sticks to everything it touches including the tray to my scale, my fingers, and whatever I use to scoop the powder into the capsules. Not to mention the sides of the capsules themselves. I also prefer using a solution because it absorbs better in the stomach and kicks in much quicker. Also, I wouldn't call volumetric dosing any sort of craziness;)

Just seems like more hassle then what is worth, have you ever considered getting a capsule machine to make things easier?

It's really not much of a hassle. Just dissolving X amount of chemical in X amount of liquid and like I said above I prefer solutions as they absorb better and kick in faster. I think a capsule machine would actually be more work. Although now that you mention it, a capaule machine would come in handy for kratom. Thanks for the idea!

Making solutions is actually the easiest way to deal with hygroscopic powders. To effectively gelcap it you'd have to live in a desert or use a dry nitrogen/dry air glove bag.

Tianeptine was a very promising antidepressant. When I first began to take it I thought that its anxiolytic effect was blowing benzos out of the water. The very first pill felt like a threshold dose of MDMA (I remember enjoying every breath I took on it). And it was counter-intuitively activating in a sense. A relaxing effect that makes you get up and do stuff. Lovely.

Unfortunately the tolerance to the anxiolytic effect sets in fast. The very first pill I took I must have felt it for 3 hours, and seeing the anxiety rearing its ugly head again after that time felt a bit like coming down from a roll. Then 3 days later the smooth ride would only last a couple of hours and generally at the end of the second week, anxiety-wise it felt like having a sugar pill. I also remember going to my GP for a refill and asking if I could have more than three pills a day. He said no, treatment instructions is strictly 3 pills a day and he could not do otherwise. And I was like "if you can get venlafaxine at dosage ranging from 37,5 way up to 350mg how come the stupid "one size fits all" rule should apply to tianeptine? He did not have a reply.

This was only five years ago: tianeptine was the first-line A/D for moderate depression, before you would even give SSRI and SSNRI a run. The first time I consulted with my PDoc she asked me what meds I was on, and when I told her I was on tianeptine she looked amused and said something like "Oh, this is so cute!". "Uh, how do you mean?" I said. "Oh well this is very light stuff and we love to hand that out to older people in retirement homes." Well you get my drift: It was three pills a day and three pills a day only, but if you looked a bit down you'd get it without further ado even if you only consulted for a cold or back pain.

Now that reports of patients have become hooked on the stuff have started to pile up, its status in France has changed from simple Rx med to a class of its own just one step below narcotics. Buprenorphine, rivotril and a few others belong to that sub-narcotic class.

Stablon has transitioned from first line A/D to last-line A/D. I don't think any GP would prescribe it to you nowadays, only PDocs. And as things are standing right now, I'm afraid it might not be very long before it follows the tracks of its big Brother from Servier, Amineptine, to early forced retirement.

^Unfortunately tianeptine is already unavailable as a prescription medication in my country. I have a very large amount that I will be taking 50-150mgs of several times a day for a few days to help quit a several year long-half a pound a week kratom habit. Once PAWS set in I will probably give normal doses a try

When capping up a hard-to-work-with powder like tianeptine, I literally just take the empty capsule, I open it, and I scoop up some powder using the larger half, put the cap back together and weigh it. Repeat until you hit your dosage. This has worked for me with all my nootropics I cap up.

Yeah I'll probably make a few capsules so I dont have to take an oral sryinge or vial of solution to work.

Just to add, while I'm a big fan of making volumetric solutions of various compounds, in the case of Tianeptine sodium, I have to strongly recommend using the capsule method over the solution. Tianeptine is truly vile tasting in solution.

It's taste defies description, but--as a seasoned and hearty consumer of the gawdfuckingawful tastes (the virulence of which tastes, evidently, occur in the corresponding proportion to their absofuckinglute fabulousness) of various chemicals and plant products for well over two and a half decades now--I assure you it is among the most unpleasant, unforgettable, and tenacious favors I've blundered into in my career.

So, in describing how Tianeptine tastes--particular when it's in a solution that's even partly alcohol based--I'd say that it is, at one and the same time--sickeningly bitter, harsh, acrid, slightly putrid, but, most of all, it is also overwhelmingly salty--with a nice, clean Everlcear finish! Mmmmmm!

(No, but seriously, I literally can almost make myself retch by just by thinking about that flavor stuck in the back of my mouth... Ugh... No me gusta!)

At any rate, besides all that, Tianeptine really is great! Albeit subtle--though not mild--Tianeptine is very fast acting mood and attitude adjustment. I don't take it everyday--although sometimes I do for several days in a row--so I can't speak to its efficacy in the long-term profile of using it as a long-term anti-depressant, but I do find that it helps put me in a good place quickly and so far reliably. Also, I should note that my doses are much higher than those typically prescribed (which, I believe, is a dose of 12.5 mg., taken 3 x day).

Personally, I like it and use it intermittently, in doses of 60-90 mg.,or so (though, for HR, I wouldn't recommend anyone else assume that's an okay dose for them). Obviously we should all do our own research and homework on everything before diving in, but Tianeptine seems to me to be a pretty safe, remarkable versatile, and potentially beneficial compound, even (or especially) in higher doses; nonetheless, much remains unknown about its multiple and varied actions, spanning multiple neurotransmitter systems. But, I digress. Capsules are good, in short.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Help about tianeptine dilution

Copy it after.

Last edited:
Help with my tianeptine dilution. Water ? alcohol ? Will is it be stable ?

Last edited:
Up ! No one knows ?

Hi

I wanna make a volumetric dilution with my tianeptine sodium. I'm planning to do it in water but I'm afraid that tianeptine will lose his effectiveness. So I've bought the alcohol from pharmacist at 70 degrees.
Can anyone advise me about this dilution. Will you advise me to use water or alcohol?
And is tianeptine dissolved as well in alcohol as in water.
Thanks.

NB: I can't have to propylene glycol without nicotine.

Sorry if I don't speak a perfect English, I'm French... ��
I hope you'll understand my message even so...

I have lots of experience with tianeptine but unfortunately I do not know if tianeptine sodium will degrade when stored in either water or alcohol. I'm sorry.

If nobody here can answer your question then you should check out the reddit forums. There are a lot of people who use tianeptine there and someone there should know for sure. You may just have to search for the correct subforum overthere first.