• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids codeine W/D

starryeyes123

Greenlighter
Hi everyone i hope you done mind me posting and please move to correct place if im in the wrong section as im a new user but an avid reader.For the past year or so ive been taking codeine. At first it was jus to sleep at night and relax into that dreamy sinking place we all love. However my marriage broke down so i started taking jus a little bit more to 'cope'. Things came to a head when my grandma died, i started using heavily, from taking 10 30mg codeine phospate daily to using 20+ 60mg DHC and any phrosphate i could get inbetween and more often than not mixing witb alchol and cocaine. I didnt feel my greif over my grandma so continued to do this daily. However i recently got back with my ex previous to been married who was also and addict (alcoholic/opiates) who is now clean. He could see my pattern and told me outright im an addict, it scared the living crap out of me, i lied to myself thinking nahhhhh imnot and couldnt go 12 hours without a dose.

that was 8 days ago and this is my first codeine free day in over a year :), he tapered me down and my last dose was 8mg yeaterday dinnertime.

the withdrawels wasnt as bad as i was expecting to be honest, juat felt really weak and flu like, alao i was so tried i could have slept forever but my boyfriend woke me to keep me hydrated and fed although i was sick a few times. I feel perfectly fine now and my appitite is slowly coming back.

the tears are now coming over my grandma which ia normal and agouldnt have covered them up with drugs. Im starting to 'feel' again and im so optamistic.

i dunno why i chose to write all thia down, its helped to offload i suppose. Hopefully it can help someone else.

ive also not had alcohol or cocaine since new years eve (im not and never have been addi ted to these)

much love from the UK

The mental part is very hard with codeine as the physical WDs are quite mild. So you easily get into thinking it if was this easy, why not take it again etc.

Well its been nearly 48 hours since my last codeine dose. I am now officially pissing out of my arse, i suppose its the constipating effects of the codeine leaving my system. But i have been taking soluble vitamins whilst i was tapering as due to the flu like withdrawls i wasnt eating so i suppose that may have an effect too.
I guess i spoke too soon as im sat on an ice pack (ring sting) with a hotwaterbottle on my stomach to ease the cramps.

mentally and physically i feel fine, apart from a slight tiredness due to toilet dashing all night