• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Which strain of Kratom is the most similar to the classic opiate feeling?

Warm'nFuzzy

Bluelighter
Been curious about Kratom. Was wondering what strain is closest in effect to that classic opiate buzz? Theres like 659 strains so I'm a little overwhelmed with choices. I heard Green Bali was the closest. Figured I'd ask around though.

No matter what I do I always end up back here lol. Got outta jail a few months ago and prices skyrocketed like what the fuck, so I got into RCs. Recently discovered DMNs.. Shits bad for my health lol drugs fedexed to my door? I'll quit everything for good one of these days, but for now at least I know I'm doing everything I can to be as safe as possible.

Peeeace

Bali.

works great <3

it's been incredibly effective as an anti depressant. i have so much respect for kratom. i look at it as medicine rather than something to get high on. it's really useful for pain, anxiety, energy. better for pain IMO than a lot of pills out there. my moods have improved a lot from using it. be careful about dosing, you don't wanna take too much thinking it'll hit you harder, usually there's a ceiling effect, and using too much i've heard can make you pretty sick. i'd look into it a lot before dosing and whatnot ;) might take a few tries to get it right and find what amount works for you. if you're looking for a nod or anything like that, you won't find it in kratom. i find it to be more energizing. the general rule seems to be that lower doses are more stimulating, while higher doses are sedating.

good luck!

Last edited:
I would say Bali is closest to regular opiates. I find that if I take 3-5 grams of Bali with 25-50mg of diphenhydramine I will get a good nod but I have almost no tolerance to opiates. I don't do that combo often though because I fear it may do damage to my liver.

Yea, I wouldn't go blabbing on a public forum about how you order drugs through the mail...

Are you dumb lol?

Red Bali kratom or red vein borneo kratom is closest to an opiate IMO.

I say enhanced bali. In fact, enhanced bali is the best all around kratom product imo. Its like regular bali, only you dont need to swallow so much and it packs more punch. IMO the only reason to go with regular bali is because its cheaper. If you can afford it, get yourself a nice enhanced bali.

If I made this topis, the mods would have closed it for sure seeing as how it has nothing to do with HR...

I believe this is HR, if the OP doesn't get the right strain of kratom and is disappointed he might go back to more harmful drugs. How's that for a justification bomb319? Also, not trying to turn anyone off to kratom but it really will never be the same as good ol opiates no matter how much you take.

If I made this topis, the mods would have closed it for sure seeing as how it has nothing to do with HR...

Not quite.

You should try a few strains first. See what you like. In my opinion (& according to the GCMS runs I've done) most strains of kratom are pretty similar in terms of alkaloids and the like.

I think most kratom excluding the "enhanced" stuff is all equivalent; it's a mild buzz that is equivalent to a small dose of e.g. codeine, at best. You're not going to find a strain that is very close to poppy derived opioids.

For those who use maeng da or whatever, what would say that is like?

It does have some opiate like effect, but for me, that shit is very heady, almost like a bad weed high, kinda psychedelic being in that head space, not really trippy, you know the feeling if you've ever been there. It feels dirty, makes me kinda anxious, I've had some decent opiate like effects but too hit or miss and the bad has lead me to say fuck it all together.

lets try not to discuss buying drugs

kratom absolutely has an adrenergic stimulant type effect, which is mostly inseperable from the opioid effects, which is why it isn't really a drop in replacement for other opioids

word around the playground is that the "enhanced" versions of some of the leaves have more prominent opioid effects w.r.t. NE release stimulating fx.. however they are suspected to be semi-synthetic or otherwise manipulated as compared to "normal" kratom and certainly are not nearly as economical or widely available.

i have not gotten my grubby hands on any of the so called uei or fst or what have you, but i have had some rather nice kratom alkaloid extracts, they still produce that "heady" stimulating high as you note though. so the end verdict (and probably what keeps the dea off kratom users entirely) is the effects of kratom just aren't ... close enough to morphine to produce the classical dependence and "love at first sight" etc. so take of that what you will.

Last edited:
Helped me kick pills

I rather like madaeng( that's spelled wrong but I don't feel like looking it up)
And the biggest thig I have found is finding a quality company

In my experiences, kratom can be a surprisingly powerful opiate if you buy the right strains and consume the right amount. It almost certainly will be extract if you want it to even touch the potency of pills or H. I remember one summer I spent away from home after the very worst of my heroin addiction. It was absolute hell for the first few weeks of course, but once I discovered kratom extract from a local head shop, I found it to produce surprisingly satisfying opiate like effects - especially compared to the new normal for me in which I had tylenol 1 (8 mg codeine with tons of caffeine) at best. It can certainly become addictive, however I noticed two properties unique to the herb (at least in my experience). Although it undeniably affects opiate receptors in some form (classic feeling, miosis etc.) it does not seem to be fully cross-tolerant. If you are coming off a severe heroin addiction, even copious amounts of potent extract don't always seem to completely alleviate withdrawal. It certainly helps, but not like you would expect something like methadone would, for example.

Another thing is that even heavy usage does not seem to produce withdrawal anywhere near as severe as pills. I suppose this makes sense since it takes longer to act and the effects are generally more mild. I've heard that you can find incredibly concentrated UEI online which can actually compare in potency to heroin, but with many warnings that withdrawal from this absolutely can be as severe as H if not more so with longer duration. You might as well stick to pills or H if you're going to get yourself heavily addicted to kratom, although in general I definitely see it as a valuable way to taper down your usage and still achieve that magical opiate high after quitting the strong stuff - the hardest part of quitting for me (after physical W/D and PAWS of course) was the thought of never again experiencing that opiate feeling. Kratom seems to allow this with minimal addictive potential if used sparingly and properly. In fact, after not using any opiate for weeks to months, kratom gave me a definite shock in that I didn't think I would get that good of a feeling from it the first time. It was actually somewhat comparable to the first time I used poppy pod tea albeit less intense and addictive.

I really can't get much of the "opioid" effect that everyone raves about and I don't know if I'm taking it wrong or what but for me I pretty much always get a stimulant effect.

Last week I did get a bit of an opioid buzz for the first time in a long time though by eating before I took it and waiting to have coffee till after it kicked in (usually when I take it I get up and don't eat and take it on empty stomach with black coffee).

But for me I just don't understand why so many heroin addicts and hardcore opiate addicts rave about Kratom because with what they are used to how can Kratom POSSIBLY be satisfying for them??

I mean, I'm glad that it is but I've only used Percocet maybe a couple dozen times and enjoyed it and I can't get ANYWHERE near that kind of opiate buzz off Kratom and would say I GREATLY prefer Percocet or Vicodin but that is probably a good thing because if I did I'd be more worried of getting addicted.

It's very strange but TO ME Kratom feels more like low level speed like Dexedrine than ANY other drug or opiate.

Before I ever took Kratom people told me it felt like low level Vicodin plus coffee and I would say that's a pretty good description but an even better one for how it makes ME feel would be it's like taking a good dosage of dexedrine plus a low level of vicodin (I've never done this though as I don't think mixing uppers and downers is smart).

The stimulant buzz is FAR stronger than any opiated feeling for me.

There have been times for me when a good dose of Kratom has felt damn near identical to the euphoria of a good dexedrine experience.

Right now I just have Green Malay and Bali but if anyone DOES have more advice on how to get a more percoset/Vicodin feel out of it though PLEASE let me know as that would be great.

Last edited:
I really can't get much of the "opioid" effect that everyone raves about and I don't know if I'm taking it wrong or what but for me I pretty much always get a stimulant effect.

Last week I did get a bit of an opioid buzz for the first time in a long time though by eating before I took it and waiting to have coffee till after it kicked in (usually when I take it I get up and don't eat and take it on empty stomach with black coffee).

But for me I just don't understand why so many heroin addicts and hardcore opiate addicts rave about Kratom because with what they are used to how can Kratom POSSIBLY be satisfying for them??

I mean, I'm glad that it is but I've only used Percocet maybe a couple dozen times and enjoyed it and I can't get ANYWHERE near that kind of opiate buzz off Kratom and would say I GREATLY prefer Percocet or Vicodin but that is probably a good thing because if I did I'd be more worried of getting addicted.

It's very strange but TO ME Kratom feels more like low level speed like Dexedrine than ANY other drug or opiate.

Before I ever took Kratom people told me it felt like low level Vicodin plus coffee and I would say that's a pretty good description but an even better one for how it makes ME feel would be it's like taking a good dosage of dexedrine plus a low level of vicodin (I've never done this though as I don't think mixing uppers and downers is smart).

The stimulant buzz is FAR stronger than any opiated feeling for me.

There have been times for me when a good dose of Kratom has felt damn near identical to the euphoria of a good dexedrine experience.

Right now I just have Green Malay and Bali but if anyone DOES have more advice on how to get a more percoset/Vicodin feel out of it though PLEASE let me know as that would be great.

Borneo red vein kratom is what you want. Or Bali red vein, pretty sure there actually the same thing.

White and green vein kratom both have a more stimulant intense high, this is well known.

A good red vein on the other hand and I'd say little if no stimulant effects are noticeable. Just sedation and a bit of that warm opiate feel. Don't expect a nod, but I do understand how ex addicts can see the potential or even vouch for the effects of red vein kratom. It's definitely at least a decent mainentence drug for when your dry and have a habit.

Also, try 7-12grams of borneo red vein. Take 1 gravol 20 minutes before. Eat the powder straight, chased by a sweet beverage. You'll get the opiate effects people note from kratom with the dosage I listed.