• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone Is A Proven NMDA Atagonist Same 4 DXM So Does that Mean DXM's Useless 4 It.

Thomas29

Bluelighter
My Question is that Since Methadone is already an NMDA Atagonist mean that Using DXM For Possible EXTRA NMDA Atagonism Once in Awhile With My Methadone Dose Pointless Besides the CYP2D6 Liver Enzyme Inhibition can DXM Causes Potentiating Slightly, But Mainly Increasing Duration Of Effect For Methadone?

I think Methadone's NMDA antagonism is exaggerated(the racemic).
I don't think Dextromethorphan's potentiation is via CYP2D6 inhibition either. More likely from Dxm's NMDA antagonistic mechanism imo. Dxm effects ALOT of other receptors also which may be responsible too.

I could be wrong, just my opinion.

wait what? why are you talking in riddles?

what do NMDA antagonism and liver enzyme 2d6 have in common? i dont understand. the 2d6 enzyme determines how much DXM is converted into DXO, which is a powerful NMDA antagonist. DXM itself is a weak NMDA antagonist, and DXO plays a major part in the pharmacological effects of DXM. methadone, a weak NMDA antaognist as well, is processed through the 2d6 enzyme, along with other enzymes of the liver into other metabolites. if DXM and methadone are taken together, the methadone will inhibit "some" amount of dxm converted to dxo, and dxm will inihibit "some" amount of methadone metabolized into other substances. how much the 2d6 enzyme will be inihibited is based on a multitude of different variables, so it is hard to say how much DXO will be active, etc...

overall, the amount of methadone and DXM/DXO in the blood stream does not affect how the drugs will act inside the CNS. so no, taking DXM and methadone together is not "useless" per se

i am still kind of confused on what the fuck you are asking, i dont even know if you are asking in english lol. but i tried to understand what you were asking and answer your question to the best of my ability

I think Methadone's NMDA antagonism is exaggerated(the racemic).
I don't think Dextromethorphan's potentiation is via CYP2D6 inhibition either. More likely from Dxm's NMDA antagonistic mechanism imo. Dxm effects ALOT of other receptors also which may be responsible too.

I could be wrong, just my opinion.

Both and I Never Said it was only cyp2d6 whoa buddy well aware of DXM's Opioid Activity you think I would ingest ESPECIALLY AN OVER THE COUNTER SUBSTANCE without EXACTLY what it does and how it works and where it came from and how it was made and who touched it and WHY THE FUCK IT WAS INVENTED AND WHO POSSIBLY COULD OF EVEN BREATHED ON IT TOO! haha last part added for funny exagheration.

Whoaaaa laCster, be careful, don't wanna add any "funny exagheration" to your posts now do you?!