• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Can you redose Dihydrocodeine after codeine?

atv

Bluelighter
Hey I've been looking for the answer to this everywhere so if someone has it or a link to it I'd be gratefeul!!!!

Ok.

So I never dose Codeine in the same day I wait one or more days because redosing is ineffective,
BUT...how about if I dosed codeine (600mg is my dose a little high I must add) around 1pm and then.....Re-dosed 5 to 7 hours later but with DIHYDROcodeine???

Would that work?
And if so would it work just as well as normal. Can I also ask peoples opinions on how they like to ingest their dihydrocodeine? (I have 30mg tablets)
I know oral bio is low and have a 5ml oral syringe but just feel like plugging is a waste for some reason even though (I think) always tried it properly. Also I'd take a minimum of 15 of them - 450mg so may be hard with fillers etc. I may add...ahem...I did go to the bathroom today and it wasn't easy but worked, so there is some 'space' up there hehe.

Anyway, main question can you re-dose DIHYDRO-codeine after normal codeine (5- 7 hrs after codeine)
Also would plugging 15 plus 30mg pills work?? Theres no paracetamol but surely lots of binders, I'd have to use loads of water?

If anyone can respond ASAP that would be greatt!! Green stars all round!

Thanks

Last edited:
It targets the same receptor and the cross-tolerance is huge, taking an equivalent dose is going to be no more effective than taking codeine.. I often use both in the same day, but never to get stoned; I just use these to try and keep the sickness at bay sometimes. But yeah - if your regular dose of codeine isn't going to work, taking an equiv dose of DHC isn't going to do any better.

Take them both at the same time Is the best way. It last much longer.
Codeine alone 2 to 3 hours.
Dhc alone 4.
Both 6.
For me