• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Ketamine Causing Toothaches - Paradoxical Effects?

crOOk

Bluelighter
Hi everybody!

So a few months ago I had a root canal infection. Whenever I IV'ed ketamine (roughly 5 days per week), my pain would be multiplied by a factor of thousand. I could have next to no pain before going in and on the comedown my whole head would be throbbing with pain. Every single fucking time!

I have since taken other dissociatives without any issues.

Yesterday I injected some ketamine again and got the same toothache, but much less intense since there wasnt an underlying infection like last time. This extends to other neuropathic pain. I got acute lumbago mid-experience (no build-up, it just hit me in an instant) and it just hurt so much more than it does today. I couldn't move around whithout vocalizing my agonizing pain. Today it's still there (have had it dozens of times, 13 years of chronic pain in pretty much every joint of my body), but the pain is on the level id expect it to be, eventhough it usually grows in intesity for a couple of days.

Has anybody experienced anything like it? Ketamine has been used to TREAT toothaches, so I'm at a loss.

Hey man im sorry to hear about your pain.

Im by no means any kind of expert,maybe the exact opposite in fact,but just wanted to add my 2 cents..

Ive heard that sometimes heart complications may manifest themselves through extreme and sudden appearences of tooth ache.A friend of mine used to party alot and was given alot of pills that were supposed to be X and stuff but actually it was something like Ephedrine(he was completely clueless bout drugs),it caused him palpitations,arrythmia and stuff and before he collapsed and was hospitalized,he described feeling,among other things,extreme tooth ache.

I really hope this is not it,although i havent heard of K causing heart problems(then again,im pretty much clueless about most dissociatives)..

Thanks for your input! I've heard of that before and while I did have a cardiovascular event last year (cRVO, did not take ketamine at the time) and can't remember experiencing this during the first years of ketamine use, I doubt it's anything serious. Ketamine causes problems in pretty much every organ and the heart will probably not be excluded, eventhough I don't think it ever becomes problematic since by the time the damage becomes clinically signifact, other organs will have suffered to such an extent that continuing to use ketamine is hardly an option.

http://www.actaneurocomms.org/content/1/1/64 said:
In all cases, the lamina propria was replete with fine neurofilament protein (NFP+) nerve fibres and in most patients (20/21), there was prominent peripheral nerve fascicle hyperplasia that showed particular resemblance to Morton’s neuroma. The nerve fascicles, which were positive for NFP, S100 and the p75 low-affinity nerve growth factor receptor (NGFR), were generally associated with a well-developed and in places, prominent, epithelial membrane antigen+/NGFR+ perineurium. This peripheral nerve fascicle hyperplasia is likely to account for the extreme pain experienced by ketamine cystitis patients.