• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids 100mg Codeine. WD likely?

Bootleg85

Greenlighter
i have been taking 100mg codeine once a day for about 6 months. just gives me a little buzz and happy. I am going travelling next week so gonna have to go cold turkey. i know its not much codeine but worried about being low while away. am i likely to get WD off this???
Also i have been getting the codeine through solphedine max and nurofen plus. i take 4 of each in morning (so 2g paracetamol at once, but no more for 24 hours) is this likely to have caused liver damage?? travelling is obviously gonna include a bit of drinking and paranoid about liver.
thanks all

I doubt it will be signicant (the liver damage), go to a doctor and get your enzyme levels checked.
As for withdrawal possibly some anxiety and depression.

You probably will get mild WDs, buy some imodium just in case you get diarrhea.

Agree with flyhighk ^^^. You may get feelings similar to a winter cold, but the most expected (IME) symptom will be diarrhoea. The loperamide/imodium will also help with the withdrawals a little.

You'll be fine, 100mg codeine a day is something you should be able to shrug off.

If you only take 100mg of codeine in the morning then you probably actually don't have significant blood levels of opioids for the remaining 3/4 of the day. Codeine generally lasts for like, 6 hours maximum, and that's a worst case scenario.

i have been taking 100mg codeine once a day for about 6 months. just gives me a little buzz and happy. I am going travelling next week so gonna have to go cold turkey. i know its not much codeine but worried about being low while away. am i likely to get WD off this??? Also i have been getting the codeine through solphedine max and nurofen plus. i take 4 of each in morning (so 2g paracetamol at once, but no more for 24 hours) is this likely to have caused liver damage?? travelling is obviously gonna include a bit of drinking and paranoid about liver. thanks all
You should take NAC with it. Will reduce the risk of liver damage as it's effective in treating paracetamol overdose.