• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Methadone detox

Lisaattahoe

Greenlighter
How long does the no energy part of the methadone detox last for and does it come and go. I'm on day 45 no methadone and felt I was getting a little better but this past week I have had absolutely no energy, is this normal?

Hey Lisa, Congratulations on dropping the methacuffs=D. Yeah this is totally normal. Fatigue and lack of energy was the longest lasting symptom of PAWS for me.

The best thing you can do to try and treat this is exercise. I know treating low energy and fatigue with exercise, what a bitch rite.

Usually, people pass out of PAWS significantly once the added opiate receptors are eventually retracted. This usually happens before month eight. We can do things to promote this and exercise is probably number on on that list.

Here is some really good information on PAWS.

PAWS LINKS
Why We Don’t Get Better Immediately: Post-acute Withdrawal Syndrome (PAWS)
Post Acute Withdrawal (PAW) Excerpted From “Staying Sober” By: Terence T. Gorski
Post-acute-withdrawal syndrome Wiki

Exercise and Brain Neurotransmission
Neurobiology of Exercise
Exercise 4 Health, Mental Health, and Addiction vs. I worked all that out
exercise and sleep

Chemicals and supplements to recover from opiate addiction
Diet & Neurogenesis

it is a powerful thing to keep our thoughts possitive and here are some threads many of us use to help us do this.
Managing depressive thinking
Good things about being off drugs/getting sober
Share something POSITIVE from your day!
Today I Am Thankful For... Ver. 3: Earth, Wind and Fire!

Here is the mindfulness thread.
Anhedonia MEGA Thread

Please let me know if you only use a smart phone to access BL and I will take off the nsfw.

It gets better, I promise. Great work.. keep pushing forward and you will like where you end up:D

Last edited:
I'm using my smart phone but I'd really like to read up on that information.... Thanks