Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Canada - How Mexico’s drug gangs set up shop in Vancouver

S.J.B.

Bluelight Crew
How Mexico’s drug gangs set up shop in Vancouver
Kim Bolan
National Post
December 12th, 2014

Infamous Mexican cartels like Sinaloa and La Familia have sent representatives to the Lower Mainland to broker drug deals with local gangs, The Vancouver Sun has learned.

A Sun investigation has uncovered increasing links between B.C. drug gangs and the notoriously violent cartels that have wreaked havoc along Mexico’s northern border.

For years, local crime groups travelled south to the U.S. and Mexico to work with the cartels. Police now confirm that the Mexican crime groups have moved members north so they can be on the ground in B.C. and other parts of Canada. Calgary Police recently revealed that cartel members are also operating in that Alberta city.

Vancouver Police Supt. Mike Porteous said the cartels have changed their business model, currently preferring to have their own people based in Canada to arrange cocaine shipments into the country.

“The interesting trend that I think we’ve seen over the last couple of years is the cartels are bypassing the middleman,” Porteous said in an interview. “So they are bypassing Tom Gisby and Larry Amero and guys like that.”

Read the full story here.

Given the insanity of current policy, the level of destabilization in Mexico, and the significant effects the country is having around the world, I wonder how long it will be until UN peacekeepers show up or another country is forced to assume temporary control.

RCMP gonna crack some skulls. They are known to harbour high level local players and enforce the law upon outsiders.

RCMP gonna crack some skulls. They are known to harbour high level local players and enforce the law upon outsiders.

Nah man, you can intentionally bump shoulders with members of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, and they're so polite that they'll say "Sorry aboot that!"

Nah man, you can intentionally bump shoulders with members of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, and they're so polite that they'll say "Sorry aboot that!"
rcmp_ert2.jpg

RCMP ERT is a fullon paramilitary organization you don't wanna fuck with. They recruit heavily from the CF which means a lot of the operators are JFT2, and thus former Tier 1 SpecOps. Good idea to add them to the Don't Fuck With list. Same goes for Toronto PDs special teams. They all cross train with JTF2.

rcmp_ert2.jpg

RCMP ERT is a fullon paramilitary organization you don't wanna fuck with. They recruit heavily from the CF which means a lot of the operators are JFT2, and thus former Tier 1 SpecOps. Good idea to add them to the Don't Fuck With list. Same goes for Toronto PDs special teams. They all cross train with JTF2.

I'm sorry - dry humor. I was just joking, don't mind me.

I actually happen to have a relative who is in the RCMP. We get along really well, despite our different views regarding drugs. He's coming to visit me in Toronto for New Years... fun times.