• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Tired of being a junkie...

ickray

Bluelighter
I want to become sober as my new years resolution. I've said that for many years but I'm just sick and tired of being sick and tired. In the last three years I've done things I would of never thought i'd ever do. Smoked crack a few times, shot heroin, although I'm back to snorting it now, as if that is any sort of accomplishment. I'm so tired of being broke, having to do 5+ bags of good shit just not to hurt, waking up feeling like shit, stealing from friends and family so I don't hurt...It turned me into a scumbag. I'm just DONE. I bought a bunch of subs, and I'm just waiting for the perfect time to use them. I want to ask everyone who was a heroin junkie, how you got off, and what things you did to keep your mind off of everything? Did you crave it much after the initial detox and what did you do to get over these cravings? I know once I get over the initial detox I can fight off cravings its just the initial stopping that is going to be hard. I've wasted so much time and potential on this drug, I really need my life back.

AA or NA was the best solution I found. Look for meetings in your area, I'd try NA and go and just be honest about where your at in life. That'd be my suggestion.

You should start your treatment immediately. Good luck to your journey to recovery

For me it is subs and weed. Long as I have those I can manage the cravings.

It often helps to transfer your addictive mindset to doing something useful such exercise, work, or video games during the beginning of your transition to sobriety. Anything to keep your mind from substance abuse. Boredom is a killer. I also recommend copious amounts of marijuana.

Your story sounds very similar to mine. I honestly think the best and sometimes only way to get clean is to move somewhere where you have zero connects and in some cases, zero money. When I moved back to my hometown and got on the suboxone program it came with group drug classes. I noticed everyone would talk about eliminating cravings. My suboxone doctor would ask me to rate my cravings on a scale, I would be like, cravings? i don't have any. I think that was because I didn't have a job and i didn't have any drug connects so I felt no cravings whatsoever.

I'm currently using, trying once again to get clean, but I've been successful many times. Exercise, exercise and staying busy with work and hobbies is what did it for me.

I also must stress that for me the first 30 days it was vital to be a facility; the time separated from drugs is invaluable.