Mental Health Severe Anxiety/panic disorder/depression first time Diazepam user.

U

Unregistered88

Ok this is the first time I have ever come onto internet forums to discuss my situation/feelings and seeking help and advice. Basically I am an unemployed 25 year old male virgin living with my mum and dad I have had long term full time employment in the past for 5 years I am financially very secure I have no previous addiction to recreational or prescription drugs I have been on SSRI's for a long time escitalopram 3 years+ I quit my job 3 years ago and was on nothing for around 2+ 1/2 years except for average alcohol use, were talking non alcoholic I did this for years no job nothing I just chilled and enjoyed the money I had saved up. But suddenly one day I woke up and I thought what the fuck have I been doing all these years?? I have no job no GF no friends nothing and I decided to start job hunting and my anxiety panic disorder went completely haywire, I could walk down the street for no apparent reason I have a panic attack try to control it with breathing exercises but it would overwhelm me and I would vomit, now I have always had phobias of certain things such as driving, social situations, Sexual encounters etc etc.... but the past month my Anxiety escalated I became suicidal I could barely make It through each day with maybe pint of whiskey every other night I had to go to A+E 5 days ago because I was suicidal panic attack I thought I could control it but I just could not I went to A+E first thing they did is gave me DIAZEPAM 5MG.... within 30 mins I was chilled out I was not worried I just felt ok they gave me 10 Diazepam 5MG to take incase I relapsed or need it badly I have been taking between 1-2 5MG daily for the past 5 days and it has been the best 5 days of my life for a long time I have gone on train journeys visited 2 different cities gone to cinemas became a lot more sociable have been able to Eat regularly and enjoy food.

Now this is the BIG QUESTION... Can I continue like this taking a low dose 5mg daily diazepam to enable me to do normal everyday things average people seem to be able to cope with? or as I know tolerance builds in 2-4 weeks I will no longer get these effects from diazepam I will need larger and larger doses and they will not work anymore? really honestly I believe I need a drug like this I do want to use it recreationally I don't want to be high, all I want is to not feel like I am going to be sick or have a heart attack when I am anywhere except in my bedroom, opinions on longer term usage of benzos? does it work for some people?

Ok this is the first time I have ever come onto internet forums to discuss my situation/feelings and seeking help and advice. Basically I am an unemployed 25 year old male virgin living with my mum and dad I have had long term full time employment in the past for 5 years I am financially very secure I have no previous addiction to recreational or prescription drugs I have been on SSRI's for a long time escitalopram 3 years+ I quit my job 3 years ago and was on nothing for around 2+ 1/2 years except for average alcohol use, were talking non alcoholic I did this for years no job nothing I just chilled and enjoyed the money I had saved up. But suddenly one day I woke up and I thought what the fuck have I been doing all these years?? I have no job no GF no friends nothing and I decided to start job hunting and my anxiety panic disorder went completely haywire, I could walk down the street for no apparent reason I have a panic attack try to control it with breathing exercises but it would overwhelm me and I would vomit, now I have always had phobias of certain things such as driving, social situations, Sexual encounters etc etc.... but the past month my Anxiety escalated I became suicidal I could barely make It through each day with maybe pint of whiskey every other night I had to go to A+E 5 days ago because I was suicidal panic attack I thought I could control it but I just could not I went to A+E first thing they did is gave me DIAZEPAM 5MG.... within 30 mins I was chilled out I was not worried I just felt ok they gave me 10 Diazepam 5MG to take incase I relapsed or need it badly I have been taking between 1-2 5MG daily for the past 5 days and it has been the best 5 days of my life for a long time I have gone on train journeys visited 2 different cities gone to cinemas became a lot more sociable have been able to Eat regularly and enjoy food.

Now this is the BIG QUESTION... Can I continue like this taking a low dose 5mg daily diazepam to enable me to do normal everyday things average people seem to be able to cope with? or as I know tolerance builds in 2-4 weeks I will no longer get these effects from diazepam I will need larger and larger doses and they will not work anymore? really honestly I believe I need a drug like this I do want to use it recreationally I don't want to be high, all I want is to not feel like I am going to be sick or have a heart attack when I am anywhere except in my bedroom, opinions on longer term usage of benzos? does it work for some people?

In my opinion diazepam is the least abuse potential. Or , easiest to withdrawl from because of its high half life. I wouldn't suggest to anyone to take benzos every day though, if u are physically addicted and have none left, it's pure hell. It's worse than withdrawing from alcohol from my personal experience. Can you take them like 3 or 4 days a week

In other words, say you get a monthly script. Do not take more than it tells you to! If you run out before end of month they can't give you a new script! Unless they change the dosage or med ! If you feel you have to take everyday, then do so, if that's what Dr is telling you. Just be careful.

Unregistered88,

Please do not self-medicate. Talk to a psychiatrist. He/She is trained to monitor your progress with this drug and help you with whatever issues you might have and eventually wean you off the drug. Do not abuse your body and shorten the years that are left to you.