• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Heroin causing lucid dreams?

WeedDxm

Bluelighter
I have been very interested in lucid dreaming/astral projecting for a while now. I have tried to lucid dream a few times before by using various techniques, none of which worked. However, I have had 2 lucid dreams in the last 3 days, both times ocurring after using heroin. I think this may be because of the sedating effect of opiates on the body while being somewhat stimulating to the mind (atleast for me). The first lucid dream I didn't really remember what happened in it, I just know I had one. The second one, which I just had, was a little bit more memorable.

After trying to sleep for about 20 minutes, I noticed that my body had fallen asleep but my mind was still awake. I could tell because I could feel my muscles and joints relaxing like they usually do when sleeping, but I was still awake and aware. 10 Minutes after "falling asleep", I started lucid dreaming. I started to fall backwards, like I have heard of others doing when beginning to lucid dream. All I remember is that I was in rooms made of foam, and that I couldn't find my way out of the maze. For some reason, I was freaking the fuck out. My memory is pretty blurry on what happened, but I just remember that it was a VERY BAD experience. I remember trying to physically yell for help to my parents to wake me up because I thought it was never going to end. I was asleep for only an hour, I don't know how long I was dreaming for.

Has anyone else had lucid dreams after doing heroin? I'm scared to go back to bed now because the experience was so horrifying..

I experience that sometimes after taking opiates in pill form too. I think it has to do with the "nod" from opiates.

Very disturbing though..I agree

I dunno if this qualifies as bumping since this thread's "only" half a year old but covers some interesting topic matter that could revive a hearty discussion.

Your experiences don't so much sound like "lucid dreams" as fairly "vivid" dreams, and even then not so much. Forgetting what happens during a lucid dream is akin to forgetting what happens during a night of drinking a few beers - you are very much conscious but there is a chance for slight memory lapses. Vivid dreams, however vivid they may be, often have lapses of memory that are nearly impossible to recover.

You're right about part of the reasoning behind heroin inducing lucidity and vividness. I base this on another somewhat popular method of lucid dream induction - drinking a cup of coffee when you're on the verge of passing out. If you can fall asleep before the caffeine hits your brain, your body will stay asleep and your mind will become vastly stimulated leading to extremely powerful dreams.

One of the reasons I use heroin before bed is to promote lucidity. I used to always save as much as possible for the morning, but once I realize that heroin and other opiates are directly responsible for having a huge impact on lucid dream I now try to get as high as possible before bed.

Many people - yourself included - succumb to the fear that accompanies intense dreaming. I still do, too, sometimes. Heroin is an impossibly powerful tool for dreamwork - I have had numerous experiences while laying down on heroin where I have been able to willfully induce sleep paralysis (the state most other opiate users I've heard from seem to fear, where you are awake and sometimes can see, but cannot move/talk/scream for help while demons may roam your room or your family my be being killed outside your door.) Self-induced sleep paralysis seems to be a lot more forgiving than accidental sleep paralysis, and having induced the state enough times now I rarely fear it. Sleep paralysis has been my most effective way to start a lucid dream - once you master the state you can simply remove your consciousness from your body and begin your lucid dream in your room, where I usually jump out my 3rd story window and see where it takes me.

That being said, opiates are also create ridiculously strong visual/dreamstates on their own during heavy nods. I'm not sure what creates this, but the feeling one gets from closing their eyes while leaning forward on their table and opening them in a central american jungle being chased by aztects with spears and tiger masks; only to trip and wake up again in front of your table.. is intense, to say the least.