• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Two British tourists found dead after snorting 'white heroin' which had been sold to

foolsgold

Bluelighter
Two British tourists found dead after snorting 'white heroin' which had been sold to them as cocaine in Amsterdam

Two men aged 20 and 21 found dead in a hotel room in Amsterdam
Died after snorting what is thought to have been white heroin sold as cocaine
Foreign Office is liaising with Dutch authorities and families of victims
Police say bodies of men were found next to traces of a white powder
Authorities in the city have pleaded with tourists to avoid street pushers

Two British tourists have died in the Netherlands after snorting what is believed to have been white heroin that was sold to them as cocaine.
The men aged 20 and 21 were found dead in an Amsterdam hotel room after taking a deadly batch of drugs just days after Dutch police stopped issuing warnings to holidaymakers.
The Foreign Office is liaising with Dutch authorities and is 'providing consular assistance to the family', a spokesman said

028307B5000004B0-0-image-14_1417017835357.jpg

Two British tourists have died in Amsterdam (file picture) after snorting what is believed to have been white heroin sold to them as cocaine
One British visitor has died and 14 other tourists - mainly from the UK – have been taken ill in recent weeks after snorting white heroin which is being sold as cocaine.
Police spokesman Rob van der Veen said the bodies of the two men, both from England, were found next to traces of a white powder.
The men's names have not yet been released by officials.
A post-mortem examination is due to be conducted later this week to confirm the time and cause of their deaths.

'We did a quick test to find out what kind of powder it was. It wasn't cocaine, it was an opiate - in this case, white heroin,' Mr van der Veen said.
'We took the sample to the Dutch forensic institute and they found out that the contents of this material is the same contents as other material that we already seized in other cases where people got sick.'
He said investigators believe the men were targeted by the same street dealer, or ring of dealers, involved in the death of another Briton last month
Amsterdam police had launched a major public alert targeted at visitors from Britain, many of whom view taking drugs as a big part of the city’s attraction, including English-language matrix-style signs reading: ‘Extremely dangerous cocaine is sold to tourists.’
But after no cases for more than a fortnight, the authorities ended the alert at the weekend – meaning the two Britons found dead in their hotel room on Tuesday after apparently snorting the drug may have been unaware of the warning.
Police in the city have now urgently resumed their awareness campaign, putting up posters in hotels and hostels and handing out fliers.
There have been at least 14 other cases, although until this week’s tragedy all were found in the street, meaning passers-by were able to raise the alarm.

Police blame a rogue dealer who is selling white heroin – regarded as a ‘luxury’ version of the drug, which is normally brown-tinged – as cocaine to unsuspecting English-speaking visitors.
No arrests have been made, but they believe the dealer is unaware as he is selling at cocaine prices, rather than white heroin which is more expensive.
The double tragedy comes a month after a 22-year-old British tourst died after apparently taking cocaine and heroin on a trip to Amsterdam.
Joel McDevitt was taken by ambulance to a hospital in the city, but discharged himself before he was treated.
Officers found him nearby and took him to a police station, where he had to be resuscitated.
He was then taken back to hospital, but later died.
Mr van der Veen added: ‘The last such incident was two-and-a-half weeks ago, so we hoped he was through the merchandise and stopped the alerts at the weekend.
‘The other cases were people found in the street, but unfortunately these men were staying in a hotel so nobody was aware of what had happened until staff found their bodies.’
Leaflets handed out to visitors since last month at main squares and Amsterdam's Centraal railway station warn: ‘The last couple of weeks several tourists were hospitalized with severe health problems after using cocaine bought on the street.
‘Research has revealed that the cocaine used was not cocaine but white heroin.’
They add that in Amsterdam ‘you won't be arrested for taking drugs’.
A UN report named Amsterdam and Antwerp as Europe’s top cities for cocaine use based on analysis of urine in sewage, the equivalent to 1.5 grams per day per 1,000 people.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...oin-sold-cocaine-Amsterdam.html#ixzz3KDowXxjK
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I thought they normally got the brown base stuff over there, seems to me that white #4 heroin pure enough to OD on could sell for enough being represented as what it is that there would be no real need to pass it off as cocaine.

I know this scenario is somewhat common in some parts of South East Asia, Cambodia springs to mind. I have never really understood why they sell heroin as cocaine, they could sell any random white powder and make an even higher profit margin. It makes a little bit more sense in South East Asia where heroin is very cheap and very high quality, but someone doing this in The Netherlands is quite odd, I can't help but wonder if somebody has done this on purpose knowing it would likely result in death.

Yea very weird scenario... White dope getting sold at coke prices, plus I'm guessing the ppl that died didn't have opi tolerance and thinking it was coke they prob did big lines. From things I've red on here white dope is really rare in europe

Someone's been watching Pulp Fiction too much.

But seriously, unless they both injected a big shot at once, you would know immediately that it wasn't cocaine.

at their age and in holland i highly doubt they tested it just snorted and thought of the whores

Sucks dudes fell off. I def was not cautious about any substance's at age 20. I get the impression this is purposeful killing. I would be the guy in a-dam lookin for coke. I hope this matter is resolved soon.

Someone's been watching Pulp Fiction too much.

But seriously, unless they both injected a big shot at once, you would know immediately that it wasn't cocaine.

Not really, if they racked up 2 big lines of it then they most likely did know it was not cocaine, but not immedietley. The last thing you think of would be "shit it was pure heroin we are about to OD", it would be something along the lines of "this cocaine tastes wierd, its probally bunk/shit we got ripped off" and then death.

This has to be a person knowing exactly what they are doing, because as soon as coke comes in it gets tested by someone at some level, and why not just sell them some random white powder to rip them off?

Very suspicious to sell a very rare and expensive drug as something much cheaper.

It does say though 14 other holidaymakers in the past have been taken ill after taken tainted cocaine, very strange scenario.

Definitely a strange thing indeed. As others have suggested it would make way more sense to sell them bunk powder at pennies a bag then an actual expensive drug. Poor dudes if only they were junkies they would have lived then, well had a better chance anyway. The only time being a junky is actually a life saving trait.

I am a bit confused. The article says they take it to the lab and then come back with a test for white heroin. They do not talk about what percent it was or the actual number. So they are sure this batch does not have fetanyl in it or an analogue. That would account for the pricing and reason for selling it as cocaine.