Mental Health I have schizotypal personality disroder, so what's next?

DanielVonCalabrese

Greenlighter
For five years I have tried many antidepressants, antipsychotics and anticonvulsants. Nothing helped me...So what's next?

Now I'm on 20mg Olanzapine, 4800 mg Piracetam and 150 mg Lamotrigine.

read the description of this eeer diagnose..i start to think i might have it. u sure u cant work it out and socialize more?

I have schitzoaffective disorder so I understand what you're going through (sort of). Keep plugging away at medication, once you get on the right ones they'll seem like a godsend. It took me 7 years to get on the right meds for me (I'm on 2000mg epival, 300mg wellbutrin, 9mg invega, 30mg dexedrine, and 25mg nozanan, I have schitz, bi-polar I, major depression, ADD) so it's a long journey, but it's worth it.

read the description of this eeer diagnose..i start to think i might have it. u sure u cant work it out and socialize more?

I hate advice like that given to someone with a mood disorder, "oh just go out and be normal." pffft yea okay.

I hate it too! - no offensive thoughts to pentouch...Is nootropics good for this kind of disorders? How long it takes to work? Is there any cure for this?

No cure. It's permanent. But don't fret, you can have a very good life if you take care of yourself.

It's a new struggle, but life would be meaningless without them man. I had to accept my disease too. Over time, you'll begin to identify with it. It can either empower you, or make you waste your life. I am personally using it to my advantage. Piracetam should help with the side effects. When it comes down to it it's your decision to get well or not. Sorry to say this but no one can do it for you. You can lead a fairly normal life depending on the severity of your disease, or at least a happy one, by taking the right steps, including not abusing drugs or alcohol. It's a new life, and with that, a new opportunity, even to thrive...

You're not on a very high dose of olanzapine in my opinion. That may mean your doctor doesn't believe you're horribly sick.

I have schitzoaffective disorder so I understand what you're going through (sort of). Keep plugging away at medication, once you get on the right ones they'll seem like a godsend. It took me 7 years to get on the right meds for me (I'm on 2000mg epival, 300mg wellbutrin, 9mg invega, 30mg dexedrine, and 25mg nozanan, I have schitz, bi-polar I, major depression, ADD) so it's a long journey, but it's worth it.

whoa thats quite a cocktail of meds you are taking..it makes u feel normal though?

Hi, how can I get Dexedrine? Just to try it. What type of prescription do I need? Did you notice any downregulation of dopamine receptors? How do you feel from it?

Symptoms of conditions such as schizotypal personality disorder may improve over time. Factors that appear most likely to reduce the symptoms of this disorder include positive relationships with friends and family, as well as a sense of achievement at school, work and in extracurricular activities. These experiences may help foster — among other positive traits — confidence, a belief in one's ability to overcome difficulty and a sense of social support.

Symptoms of conditions such as schizotypal personality disorder may improve over time. Factors that appear most likely to reduce the symptoms of this disorder include positive relationships with friends and family, as well as a sense of achievement at school, work and in extracurricular activities. These experiences may help foster — among other positive traits — confidence, a belief in one's ability to overcome difficulty and a sense of social support.

This doesn't work...

I have depression and constantly something is bugging me,at the back of my mind,not giving me to feel pleasure to the fullest,constantly questioning everything. I mean everything..this is part of my lifestyle. Im not happy with what I am,so theres like a bug,thats reminds me all the time of that all is shit,so even when I am laughing or enjoying someones company,Im awkward and depressed at the same time... I can relate to all of your symptoms,but I know I just need some adjustment at lifestyle,I still dream the real pleasure

I have depression and constantly something is bugging me,at the back of my mind,not giving me to feel pleasure to the fullest,constantly questioning everything. I mean everything..this is part of my lifestyle. Im not happy with what I am,so theres like a bug,thats reminds me all the time of that all is shit,so even when I am laughing or enjoying someones company,Im awkward and depressed at the same time... I can relate to all of your symptoms,but I know I just need some adjustment at lifestyle,I still dream the real pleasure

Does any antidepressants worked for you?