• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Memoirs of an Addicted Brain: a neuroscientist examines his former life on drugs

custard

Bluelighter
Hi,

Just thought I'd share this. 'Memoirs of an Addicted Brain' is a book my dad wrote a few years ago. He writes about his experiences and addiction to drugs from the perspective of his teenage self, all the way up through his thirties. From dropping acid in Berkley to injecting heroin in Calcutta.. The autobiography incorporates neuroscience throughout - written in a simple enough fashion to understand but also retain a significant level of depth.

I'm not posting this to advertise my old pop or anything of the sort.. but simply because I've read the book and think it would be worth reading for anyone who's faced addiction or is even just interested in drugs and neuroscience. It was strange for me to read for obvious reasons.. but there's a lot of valuable information and insight on the brain and addiction.. and if I do say so myself, he writes pretty damn well.

www.memoirsofanaddictedbrain.com

*He also writes blog posts every few weeks or so on the same topic if anyone is curious.