• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

im trying to quit and its hard

twistedhunter

Bluelighter
hey guys new to bluelight first post, but anyways i have been sober for 3 months. had 8 months sober, than got bored and started smoking weed all day every day, weed is my favorite drug, always will be, but have had problems with k2, aderal, xanax, air duster, x and lots of other drugs, this last bender i went on i was smoking a half oz to a oz of dro a week, drinking my self into black outs , and a very short but strong physical and mental addiction to xanax. ive been trying to get sober for a couple years, but my i always just say fuck it one day and them its on. i have a job, a gf, and go to meetings sometimes . but dont have many friends as moved to a new city to get away from old friends. so ya stayin busy working and having a gf helps, but i dont know what to do with my free time and im bored. im scared it will make me go back out. tips and pointers on what to do sober and how to enjoy being sober would be appreciated. thanks

Hi,
Welcome to BL!

I am almost 3 months myself. Congratulations!
I said fuck it so many times… I have a long list of, fuck its!

I have a long way to go but I am starting to identify via a chain analysis of sorts what leads me up to say fuck it. For me it's my physical pain, my unstable roommate… and trauma I've experienced that comes up in interpersonal relationships with controlling personality types…. We all have various triggers.
Also talking about one's losses in addiction with someone I feel is very important.

If you have any question about BL feel free to ask me.

Best,
Smoky :)

thanks for answering my post. im mostly struggling being lonely in sobreity and my mood keeps going up and down which is driving me nuts. im struggling but making it, im thinking of going back to a halfway house cause i really want to stop while im young then be old still trying to kick the habit

Yeah, I hear you… I sometimes wish I got this sooner….

I've lived in halfway houses before and they have been beneficial at one point at another time not. I guess it really depends on one's motivation… and you seem serious about your recovery.
The house manager can make all the difference too. Some of them are highly structured and some very laxed… But, they do have house meetings and drug tests… and also some required meeting attendance. Maybe go visit some first. That's what I did. I visited 3 then decided on one that I liked. :)

weed is my vice too
luckily i dont use it anymore
its a pretty shitty habit to kick because weed is the kind of drug that fits into virtually every situation or moment

i agree that weed is more addicting than people think. ive been addicted to a number of differnt drugs but my brain likes weed above the rest. its been the hardest to quit for me