• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants speed with a heart condition?

peanutbutter42o

Greenlighter
Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place or something, I'm new here ^_^Anyway, if someone young with a STEADY heart condition (hypertrophic cardiomyopathy to be exact) with a defib and on beta blockers (10mg bisoprolol) was to take the tiniest hits of speed to a gradually manageable high, would something bad inevitably happen? Re-reading that kinda made me think posting this as a question is pretty pointless :'D But just to clarify, the person doesn't really get any symptoms from their heart condition and has never had a really significant cardiac event. Would it even be worth it? .. Oh and only substances of use are cannabis and occasional low rec. doses of codeine ...

Thanks in advance

We can't predict whether you'll have a cardiac event on a forum.
However, I think it would be ill advised and asking for trouble if you used any "uppers" with a heart condition. Speed etc is known to be hard on the heart. Why risk it?

If you're on beta blockers and have a heart condition then amphetamines are totally contraindicated. They are strong cardiac stimulants even at doses below what causes a "high".

Just because you haven't had a cardiac event already doesn't make it safe either. Taking amphetamine, esp. street amphetamine, greatly increases the risk of arrhythmia and negates the effects of beta blockers.

TLDR: Not safe.

I mean, sure you can do stimulants with a heart problem..you can do lots of things..like a group bukkake with all the other ebola patients as a last dying request ..don't nescessarily mean that you should do it, or that the end results will be favourable, so you should always consider the consequences of your actions, and never assume anything.

Good luck, peace bro...

P.s. Bad cardiovascular health is what took my papa, we should all take care of our selves, and our hearts especially...take 5 minutes to skip, jump, or run next time you leave for your favorite drug dealer's shop!

that will almost certainly leave you with a tag on your toe. dont go there pal

I would deff recommend against it. It's known to cause problems with people that don't have heart conditions. If I had a heart condition and did any uppers it would make me paranoid and ruin the high

Holy shit are you serious right now ??? Who the hell is gonna sell it to you any how have fun with that one drug dealers do have limits no children no people with heart problems score speed

^^
Um, he's not wearing a placard saying he's got heart problems. Besides, I'm sure not all dealers have a perfect moral compass!

That said, OP of course you should NOT mess with uppers. Hard on the heart in an of itself.

P.s. Bad cardiovascular health is what took my papa, we should all take care of our selves, and our hearts especially...take 5 minutes to skip, jump, or run next time you leave for your favorite drug dealer's shop!

Me too. Not fun. Your heart is a precious thing, be careful.

Thanks for the replies, yeah it was just a thought that occurred to me... was pretty stupid to even consider it 8) the ebola bukkake definitely steered me away from the idea :'D helluvah visual.
xo