• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Can't fall asleep? (Stop breathing)

WeedDxm

Bluelighter
So I am a casual heroin user, using 1-2 times per week. I have been having a problem recently where I can't fall asleep after doing heroin. I usually do the heroin 3-5 hours before I go to bed, so the main effects are gone by the time I try to sleep. What happens is that I will drift off to sleep, but then I'm woken up because I forgot to breathe and it's like I can't breathe while I'm sleeping or something. This happens over and over for like 1 or 2 hours until I eventually fall asleep. Does anyone else experience this? And is there any way to combat it?

That's not normal especially since you've already mostly come down. You might just have sleep apnea and the dopes making it worse. Are you sure it's not just panic attacks?

^^what he says, sleep apnea quite likely. See your doc if it drags on or happens when you`re straight^^

I'd probably avoid any sedatives till you see a doctor- or at least take them in the morning. That's how pimp c died (sleep apnea + sedatives).

sometimes when i get really high i cant fall asleep for more than 45 mins. like i guess i just keep nodding in and out continuously, never more than an hour. it is really fucking frustrating because it will happen allll night.

i highly doubt you were awakened because you CONSCIOUSLY forgot to breath. throughout the day, if you dont think about breathing, do you automatically suffocate? one does not think about breathing, it simply just happens. anyways, if you stopped breathing i would bet that you would do the opposite of waking up, especially on heroin.

like i said previously, sometimes i get too high and even though i can barely keep my eyes open for more than 5 seconds, i cannot fall asleep ( if you call nodding sleeping) for more than an hour... if that makes sense.

Odd. I've experienced not being able to fall asleep after shooting before bed but its odd that your last hit is a couple hours before bed.

sometimes when i get really high i cant fall asleep for more than 45 mins. like i guess i just keep nodding in and out continuously, never more than an hour. it is really fucking frustrating because it will happen allll night.

i highly doubt you were awakened because you CONSCIOUSLY forgot to breath. throughout the day, if you dont think about breathing, do you automatically suffocate? one does not think about breathing, it simply just happens. anyways, if you stopped breathing i would bet that you would do the opposite of waking up, especially on heroin.

like i said previously, sometimes i get too high and even though i can barely keep my eyes open for more than 5 seconds, i cannot fall asleep ( if you call nodding sleeping) for more than an hour... if that makes sense.

thats pretty much what i have been experiencing.

Been there.

Just panic/anxiety at least for me.

You're taking deep breaths and you're focusing on your breathing too much, and get to the bottom of your breath and freak out thinking if you don't tell yourself to breathe that you'll die.
Sound about right?

Anyway try to sleep with someone else and tell them your concern, that may help.

Also do dope earlier in the day?

Been there.

Just panic/anxiety at least for me.

You're taking deep breaths and you're focusing on your breathing too much, and get to the bottom of your breath and freak out thinking if you don't tell yourself to breathe that you'll die.
Sound about right?

Anyway try to sleep with someone else and tell them your concern, that may help.

Also do dope earlier in the day?

I don't think I have sleep apnea so it's probably just anxiety. I don't even shoot and I never really nod that hard because the stuff around here isn't that potent so I know it's all just in my mind. But yeah that does sound right.