• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc What does mirtazipine feel like?/alternatives that are sedative/anxiolytic?

Berdo tm1

Bluelighter
I have read its more similar to diphenhydramine than ssris.

I was initally interested by it for the sleep enhacing and anti anxiety properties and that it works right away but talk of the sedation being from the anti hystamine effect put me off. Dyphenhydramine felt aboslutely aweful it just makes me feel frazzled and wired/delerious i dont know what idiot thought it helps sleep. It is proven not even to improve your rem.

So does mirtazipine feel like that or does it have some serotonin aciton? Ive read reports of that too causing delerium more than anything.

Kanna for instance being a strong ssri i found fantastic for making me want to curl up and go to sleep but the psychedlic effect in the start of tkaing it ruined it overall for me. Id like a straight serotonin action drug which didnt cause such cognitive shifting and work fast so they could be used in quick cycles rather than this months on end to take effect crap.

Are there any other anti depressants which work fast and are sedative/anti anxiety but arent anti histamine junk?

Personaly i had a terrible experience w
With mirtazapine. I started getting auditory hallucinations; scary schitsophrenic stuff.
Also it made me sleep right through my alarms before

Hmm will give this one a miss then! Doesnt sound fun at all, I know ppl say that some things are idiosyncratic to the person but if you hear alot of such stories it makes you wonder.

Likewise you hear the majority of sotires of mdpv are bad.

For instance you dont hear many stories of such wild happenings with benzoes or opiates (they have their own probs of course just saying each substance has a generally reliable reputation be it good or bad etc). So not everything is just random.

there shit they just make you feel tired and hungry im prescribed them ;((

I have read its more similar to diphenhydramine than ssris.

I was initally interested by it for the sleep enhacing and anti anxiety properties and that it works right away but talk of the sedation being from the anti hystamine effect put me off. Dyphenhydramine felt aboslutely aweful it just makes me feel frazzled and wired/delerious i dont know what idiot thought it helps sleep. It is proven not even to improve your rem.

So does mirtazipine feel like that or does it have some serotonin aciton? Ive read reports of that too causing delerium more than anything.

Kanna for instance being a strong ssri i found fantastic for making me want to curl up and go to sleep but the psychedlic effect in the start of tkaing it ruined it overall for me. Id like a straight serotonin action drug which didnt cause such cognitive shifting and work fast so they could be used in quick cycles rather than this months on end to take effect crap.

Are there any other anti depressants which work fast and are sedative/anti anxiety but arent anti histamine junk?

Id say that mirtazapine is like a marmite type drug you either like it or hate it. This drug got me through prison without it i would not have got through the hell of forced opiate withdrawal at hmp gloucester without it. When i took it i would be goofing out by 1 and a half hours of taking a 30mg tablet. I found the zispin oral dispersable version that taste of oranges worked a lot better than the regular tablets but each to their own. I am still prescribed it now but there generic and not zispin which are not as good.

If you need sleep there worth trying out they dont cause a physical addiction like benzos or zopiclone but work well in there on right for certain conditions. They are not the best anti deppresant though but are Better than amitryptaline but not as good as ssri's like citalopram for depression unless you need a sedative antidepressant then id say they are probably the best one you can get. They are also prescribed as sleeping tablets now and are normally only taken at night. Dotheiapin 75mg are another option unless they have been withdrawn <~~~ yes that spelling is incorrect.

I hope thats of some help to you.

Peace :)

I currently am prescribed 30mg to be taken at night for anxiety and insomnia. Mirtazipine really helps me with these but I get some really crappy side-effects: horrible dry mouth, disorientation, sexual anhedonia, weight-gain.

Still, was way better than where I was before them. I do agree with whoever said they are the marmite of SSRIs (second generation too, if I remember correct), I couldn't stand citalopram or flouxetine.

Thanks for info ppl,

Ye mods you can close this now this stuff sounds horrible for me tbh :p.

Thanks for info ppl,

Ye mods you can close this now this stuff sounds horrible for me tbh :p.

He He yeh mirtazapine is nothing special at all. It cant be compared to benzo's in anyway even librium/tropium which is the weakest benzo there is to my knowledge would be superior to this stuff in regards to the high or euphoria.

Its just a knock out pill really and not a very nice one at that lol

Peace

It will take a couple of weeks until it starts to release serotonin at full blast.
The medication does work, but there are side effects such as weight gain for example.
I used it for a couple of years and it was quite worthy. But it takes time until your brain is all figured out so to speak.

Hmmm, my doc yesterday recommended it for sleep. I have yet to decide.
I took it once after a rehab stint and it worked pretty well. I was on other meds though too, so it's difficult to know what was what then, but I did sleep well. :)

Last edited:
get online and get yourself some Phenibut its dirt cheap releases serotonin and stops anxiety and you get the best nights sleep ever plus some incredible dreams but dont abuse it its addictive a bit like a double edge sword but it makes me feel incredible