• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Quit heroin, blood pressure spikes to DANGEROUS LEVELS!!

f0rrest

Greenlighter
So I was able to quit black, buy doing a 7 day Loperamide taper from 40 - 0 MGs. I know it normal, but I'm somewhat concerned. My blood pressure went from a close to consistent 107/60 %) (or slightly higher) now I'm at 170/120 :! (plus or minus 10!!) and have been for almost a week. I'm waiting on some bud to me help out tomorrow, is there anyway to control my blood pressure until then? It feels like it's almost an emergency, should I go to the hospital if this continues?

170/120 is awful high, wouldnt hesitate to call something like a nurses hotline. i go thru the va and we can call the hotline 24/7

Get a prescription of Clonidine it's a blood pressure medicine that also lessens the severity of withdraw plus they won't have any problems at all prescribing it.

I just tapered off of loperamide, I'm just trying to deal with it threw marijuana right now.

That's really high. You should see a doctor.

It's common for BP to spike during detox but if it's not resolving itself I would absolutely go get seen by a medical professional. They can prescribe correct medication if necessary and check for any other health issues. Don't self-medicate with marijuana.

Congrats on quitting dope man, check out TDS and SL when you get a sec. Quitting is usually just the beginning of the road to recovery.

Do you have any blood pressure meds handy?
Clonidine is the best, my bp was very high when I quit dope.

rhun: Thanks dude, I most definitely will.
I was basically told I could take clonidine but it wasn't necessary, I've been watching my blood pressure the past two days it's still high, but has dropped significantly. I do not have any BP meds that I could take. My blood pressure for 5 days straight spiked that high, now my body is starting to relearn how to regulate temperature and such.