• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Clonazepam (Klonopin)

wilfy1979

Greenlighter
Can anyone tell me what the maximum dose you can take of this in a day? i know 1mg is like 10mg Valium, and also what is the strongest benzo available? i have read that its Clonazepam, which i must say worried me slightly!!

There really is no maximum dose, you can take as many as you want and not die(unless mixed with booze or opiates or some other downer) but I don't reccomend that, cuz you'll just black out do dumb shit and afterwards be like that sucks. Do you have a tolerance?? Guesing not since you are asking about it..so I would say start off with 2mg. Takes about and hour/hour and a half to kick in and just makes you calm, if you are not an anxious person, then just expect to feel sleepy. I went without benzos for about 10 days, was gonna keep goin but went out and got some Klonopin(was hopin for xanax) ate 12mg yesterday, 10mg the day before, and 2mg when I got home from work just now, it has a long half life so I am still feeling the effects from the other doses(NOTE DONT TAKE 10mg!!!! I have a tolerance and have been taking benzo's since I was 14(not prescribed though.) So just start with 2mg,(chew em up, they taste like mints, or what I do, hold them under tounge because they seem to kick in faster. Then put on a movie and chill, there not very recreational, just relax you. AVOID ALCOHOL AND OTHER DEPPRESENTS.

Edit: Also, I would say 1mg of Klonopin is like 5mg of Valium. Xanax and Klonopin are eqipotent though so 1mg of Xanax is 1mg of Klonopin.

Last edited:
^It's interesting how Valium's quick onset and subjective euphoria leads people to believe it is more powerful than it actually is.

From what I have read and in my experience, 1mg Klonopin (clonazepam) = 20mg Valium = 1mg Xanax. I would take no more than 0.5-1mg klonopin the first day you try it, then take it from there. The effect of alcohol is amplified exponentially on benzos and accelerates the blackout, so I don't recommend drinking at all in them for the sake of harm reduction.

Klonopin can feel deceivingly weak since it takes 2-3 hours to fully kick in, which leads to plenty of people taking more than 2mg since they're used to the same dose of Xanax kicking almost instantly, and ending up blacked out or in county jail.

I second ErgicMergic's post. Clonazepam is much more potent than it actually feels in my experience. The equivalent dosage to 10mg Diazepam is 0,5-1mg of Clonazepam while some sources tend towards 0,5mg Clonazepam=10mg Diazepam. That would mean one 2mg pill equals 40mg Diaz...

Without tolerance I think that 2mg could be too much for a firtst timer/newbie or that it would at least lead to amnesia and disinhibited behavior ;)

Depends on your tolerance. I take 3mg daily, but have taken as much as 12mg. Makes me feel really relaxed and I don't black out. Only ever blackout from powder Etizolam, Midazolam and Phenaz. Woke up in the hospital twice. Benzo's really serve no purpose recreational wise IMO unless at hospital via IV.

Be careful. If you're new to benzos, stop now before you gain tolerance as detoxing from benzos is serious shit.

BTW I do NOT recommend the large dose of kpins I can handle just fine.

And yes please don't mix with booze or opiates. Midaz and booze caused my worst blackout to date was truly a wake up call to get my shit together.

K-pins can (usually) be broken into four segments 0.5mgs per slice and 2mgs in total.
For faster onset sublingual or under the tounge makes a two hour wait more like an hour.
Everyone is different but for sweet fluffy dreams lasting up to 12 hours this is definitely store cupboard bog standard. Just don't eat em like candy, even taking another the next day and the effects just won't be there; don't double up basically.
1mg will do the job, even 0.5mg is enough.
Never mix benzo's with booze unless you wanna walk into walls etc.

Last edited:
Sorry i was vague, i was prescribed it due to 2 quite extreme fits, and an old alcohol problem, i started on librium, but i've a year go switched to Clonazepam, 2mgs split into 4 times per day, the reason i asked what is safe is because i'm also on 300mgs Pregabalin, and i don't want some kind of respitory collapse or something dodgy!!

Far as my addiction dr is concerned, the max for anxiety is 6MG per day. That's a hell of a lot.
yes it's a strong one but that shouldnt freak you out unless you're worried about addiction . As far as taking it, it's a slooooow acting long lasting benzo. Doesn't kick in like xanax. It can take hours for max effect.