• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Bupe and Kratom

mabzie55

Bluelighter
When on Suboxone, will kratom still have an effect?

If so is it better to take it before or after bupe dosage?

I've read a bit about this and it's not clear to me if it will work or not on a moderate Suboxone dose. Not sure the exact chemistry and on what receptors they act.

Even if the effects of kratom are reduced with sub, will it still do something or is it completely worthless to try to take both?

Kratoms stimulant effect will still work but it's opioid effect will be blocked unless you're on a low enough dose of suboxone that your receptor aren't full saturated.

I'm on suboxone, I've taken kratom before and it works fine. I felt the full effects. I've also taken tramadol on subs and that works too.

I'm on suboxone, I've taken kratom before and it works fine. I felt the full effects. I've also taken tramadol on subs and that works too.

Well scientificly bupe has a higher affinity to the opioid receptors than either, so you either only felt the nonopioid effects of those drugs or you were on a low enough dose of bupe to leave opioid receptors open.

i believe that the plethora of active substances in kratom that have the overall opiate effect bind to the receptors a lot stronger then you think,especially if you have been using kratom for some time. i believe the brain gets used to one kind of drugs binding effects,i can say through experience that i have felt the full effects of kratom through high dose buprenorphine.but have had to wait until the kratom had worn off or left my system to feel the buprenorphine when i havent had a buprenorphine addiction,suggesting to me that if buprenorphine was that strong it would have immediately knocked the kratom out of the receptors.

they synergise well and kratom gives an opiate buzz,mild though,when on subutex maintainence.

Naloxone has been shown to reverse the opioid effects of kratom, and bupe has a higher affinity then naloxone; so I respectfully disagree.

So maybe it's the naloxone combined with buprenorphine that kicks kratom to the ground,I haven't had naloxone so can't comment on that all I can say is IMO I had to wait for kratom to wear off before the buprenorphine worked,kratom binds hard in regular high doses and it's different than regular opiates,Tramadol isn't stronger on paper than buprenorphine but it works,same as kratom. So with respect tell me what's happening with kratom?

No combining naloxone and bupe has nothing to do with my point. Maybe you didn't take enough bupe to saturate all your receptors, giving the kratom some to bind on synergizing with the bupe. Maybe the nonopioid active chemicals in kratom potentate the partial agonism of bupe. I'm gonna try this combo tomorrow as I'm only speaking in theory having never tried the combo, but I'm definitely taking less bupe then normal.

Last edited:
No combining naloxone and bupe has nothing to do with my point. Maybe you didn't take enough bupe to saturate all your receptors, giving the kratom some to bind on synergizing with the bupe. Maybe the nonopioid active chemicals in kratom potentate the partial agonism of bupe. I'm gonna try this combo tomorrow as I'm only speaking in theory having never tried the combo, but I'm definitely taking less bupe then normal.

Awaiting your reply as I have very little kratom and don't want to waste it.

So I took 10g of uei kratom and have about 2mg of bupe in me (opposed to my normal 6mg) definitely feeling it. Synergizing well, not nodding or any of that but feel higher than if I took either alone.

So I took 10g of uei kratom and have about 2mg of bupe in me (opposed to my normal 6mg) definitely feeling it. Synergizing well, not nodding or any of that but feel higher than if I took either alone.

Okay, I usually take 6-8mg per day.

I have enough kratom for 3 doses. I'm going to try one of 6mg, one in 4mg, and if either of those work well I'll repeat. I have bronchitis right now so I'm gonna wait til I'm well to enjoy it but I'll post the results of a higher dosage.

I was thinking of trying this right now due to the fact I'm on 4mg Suboxone but I'm still feeling withdrawal from the H, the sub is not holding me as well as I would like, and I don't wanna take my other 4 mg of sub due to the fact of wanting to taper over the next few day's 2mg, 1mg then .5 jump. So I'm just curious if taking kratom along the way will make anything worse in the long run? if it works at all..

Well I took the Kratom, I am definitely feeling it's effects through the bupe. I just hope it didn't raise my tolerance or mess up my detox from the H, will I be able to take my sub at the normal time for my taper tomorrow with no issues, precipitated withdrawal, etc?

Well I took the Kratom, I am definitely feeling it's effects through the bupe. I just hope it didn't raise my tolerance or mess up my detox from the H, will I be able to take my sub at the normal time for my taper tomorrow with no issues, precipitated withdrawal, etc?

If you're still withdrawaling I doubt you are saturated enough for it to mess anything up.

Just dosed the kratom, took 4mg sub earlier.

Will post results shortly.

Update: I'm definitely feeling it hard on 4mg.

I suspect I would also feel it pretty well on 6 or 8.

yep you definitely feel it,im no chemist or neurologist,but something is happening with Kratom and Bupe,like with Tramadol,its not just the stimulant effects coming through but it`s opiate efffecting,it gets through the blockage by being something different and not recognised as an opiate which bupe would most certainly block. I think Mitragynine is more than just what it purports to be,its been used by indiginous peoples for thousands of years ans its only recently its come onto the world stage.If pharma companies could make an extended release version i would rather have that than a thebaine derivitive as subutex is.

It's definitely intriguing with multiple accounts of it not being blocked it just doesn't make sense scientificly. In going to have to try my normal dose of bupe w kratom and report back, gonna be a while though because I need to put in an order.

Hmmm, time to go get some Kratom for special occasions,lol. It never really felt like an opiate to me really...I mean kinda, but more just stimulating. If people are getting effects it sounds like the whole Tramadol/Sub mix which I havent tried,but want to. Huh, the two weakest opiates are what gives you an opiate feeling on Subs,lol. Would rather do some Kratom or Trams every now and agian than go on a vacation with stronger opiates and deplete my bank account in a week or less....