• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health If someone here studied pharmazie or chemistry then lets discuss:-) or has High IQ

Student76

Ex-Bluelighter
Let's see!!!

There are the SSRIs.Why the latency from 2-4 weeks and in 40 % of the patients there is no response?

I see it this way.First there is the theory the 5HT1a Autoreptor recognizes more Serotonine,so first output from the
vesikels is reduced.Then after time this Autorezeptor is desensitized and voila more Serotonin.Mood lift.Depression is gone.

BUT:There are two things in the synaptic cleft there is always coexistenz of more then one transmitter.Not only serotonin,but also gaba,dopamin and many others.Its a reactiv system.If you put in more serotonin the brain tries to adjust and IF ITS POWERFULL ENOUGH! then it produces more of
the other transmitters until the equilibrium is back again.But if you have weak parts or damaged part(thats endogene depression) then
the brain has not the power to produce enough of the other transmitters(cause:damaged part of the brain,colon diseases,and so on)

Then YOU have MAO A. Monoaminooxidase A which removes the serotonin after its done its work (easy spoken)
There are people with MAO A ++(high activitiy) and with MAO-- (low activity).I think those with high Mao A leves never respond.
The other part is pumped back(Reuptake pumps) in the vesikels mainly during sleep those pumps have the highest activity.

But If you use Serotonin releasers well there is much more serotonin,also when you have MAO++ ,and the autoreceptor has from day 1 no chance to
reduce output.There will be also a desensitizion of the 5 HT1a Autorezeptor ofer time with releasers.So there is an antidepressant effect from day one.

OK in pub med they compared neurotoxity from MDMA and 4 MMC and the later had no neurotoxicity.

It may be that you need more and more over timer from a releasing substanze,but if you make brakes and give your vesikels time to refuel then they work again.
The only thing I can see is that every releasing substance has abuse potentil.So there never will be releasing antidepressants.

But please give me a proof they are more or extremly harmfull(3 MMC) then SSRI(ex paroxetine).Not MDMA thats an other part and an other Story.
Perhaps they poop out,but that do many antidepressants(if you are a responder) too.

And now its your turn:)if you have studies(Pub med) or theories then try to explain and I can say from expirience i am not losing my IQ or Memory the last 3 years.
Well If I take perhaps 200mg i am a little like drunk for half an hour;-)With benzos, I find them more evil.If you take to much of them over a long peroid of time(years)memory is going down,(Short time memory mainly)

Well lets see If someone here has knowledge , and not always the same pattern drugs are bad(every SSRI is a drug,from tranylcypromin to Amitryptilin to Remergil to Strattera).Ok there are some substances that are neurotoxic,but others only if you take high doses.The dosing is relevant I would say.

Your Anja

What would you like to hear Anja..?
It seems you have been answered by lots of people who really know what they are talking about. Not all drugs are bad but chronic intake of 3-mmc is and the idea of switching to more potent serotonin releasers like the APB series tells me you are not thinking this over in a calm an detached manner.

You must snap out of this thought pattern, your reasoning is wrong here, not the answers.
Do not dismiss advice given because it is inconvenient.
I know it feels dismissive but you have recieved excellent advice, from some people who are highly qualified.

Do not try and search 'outside the box' with various posts to find support from a user that says he is fine after 2 years of daily 3-mmc use. I don't think there are many people who fit this description and even if you find someone who says 'Yes it is fine no problem!' his heart might fail next year, so what would that prove? That it is safe and a good idea? NO off course not..

You initially came here because you feel 3-MMC isn't working too well anymore, side effects are getting worse and you are looking for a better alternative, RIGHT?

Also you are obviously very intelligent, but that can sometimes result in the inconvenient side effect of dismissing advice too quick, to keep looking for proper answers, while you later find out it was actually correct.

Last edited:
Sorry for not having an opinion..but I have question tho..

I took zoloft for frist two weeks it was bad,suicidal thoughts and very bad mood in general,I thought life is fucked and theres no way back,but then I had quite a mood swing,I beccame very active and social ,also very positive,it was good for about 3-4 months ,then zoloft (0.5mg) stopped working I was depressed as I was before,so my question is ,do I need to up the dose? ANd when to stop my zoloft treatment ??? I heard about year minimum,but I dont understand how does it work ,how do you feel it,when life is ok? then what the point of taking it,if I can mange my life,if it is not a chemical thing....
thank you

Last edited:
I suggest you talk to your physician first.
Personally I have mixed experiences with antidepressants and I'm happy to be off them.

oh they can totally fuck up,loss of appetite ,bad sleep..kinda like amphetamines,I guess

SSRIs are garbage. The theory that more serotonin equals less depression is no longer in vogue or really even believed in anymore by many people, including me.
SSRIs give people flat affect and sexual side effects, and that's about it. If 3-MMC works better for you than any other drug without any bad side effects after taking it for days on end for years like you have, then you should stick with taking it. You know more about your mind/body than we do. Yes, it's rather unconventional, and you will be in a pickle when (not if but when) they ban 3-MMC in your country, but what else can you do?

Not really the point, as OP wasnt directly talking about SSRI's, but releasing agents.. It is better to find a pharm that is not likely to fuck up your heart in the long run.

Yes, but he has tried a lot of things and only the 3-MMC seems to help his severe symptoms. Better not to take it, sure, but it can be hard to argue with relief. In my opinion, he should be more worried about what to do once they ban it in his country than theoretically predicted but not yet observed heart valve problems. All drugs have side effects.

Ok, then her post was of little use, except that she now knows the dangers and is already experiencing side effects getting worse.

HIGH SHAMANISM:) perhaps you have an opionion on my next question:) you are very friendly:)
If I took Amphetamines over 100 mg a day and ritalin 50 over years thats also not good.Also 10 years of Benzodiazepines are not healthy.And I take bromazepam 24 mg thats about 40 mg diazpeam.
I only want a sort of comparison If substances like 3 MMC 5 MAPB(mostly serotonin 6 APBD(more balanced i read)
do more harm in the long run or are equally harmfull.MDPV is evil and 4MMC was to strong for me.Psychedilics and THC,also Opiods are not what i am looking for.
I know its not healty.But if you take perphaps a dose of 3 MMC or 5 MAPB not to high( Say 10/20 mg a day MAPB) thats about 80 mg a week.
Some use it once a month but then 300 mg or more.And then I ask here the questions what does more harm?

Thats perhaps all I want to understand from longterm users.Shrinks never will have an answer to this.For them Amphetamines do no harm nor ritalin.They are testet on animals and many studies which often are payed and faked.Thats not true that SSRI or ritalin help growing brain cells.There are studies that show the contrairy.
They are also releaser of Serotonine,Dopamin and do lot of things to the brain which is not healthy.So I am looking further.Perhaps this is the
wrong forum,but I think there are many which use drugs because they often feel mentally bad and use so Rcs or call them drugs(all psycho meds are drugs in my opinion because they alter brain chemistry) not only for party.

Anja
user-online.png

Dear Anja,

3-mmc has a very different profile than the apb series, they are very strong serotonin releasers and don't do much for dopamine. This makes them an even worse candidate than 3-mmc as you will burn whathever serotonin you might have left and it takes a few days and proper nutrition, for the brain to restore these levels, resulting in depression. If you would take them multiple days in a row that is a good receipe for brain zaps, depression and feeling lobotomized. Potentially lasting several months.

Afaik SSRI are not releasers. And from all these materials unlikely as it may seem mdpv has been thouroughly tested and seems to have a less harmfull profile, as far as your brain is concerned. discounting abuse and lack of controll regarding doses and all nasties like psychosis as a result, so this is ill advised. :)

Also I do not get what neurogenesis has to do with depression or discontinuation syndrome when you skip a dose of SSRI. The brain always makes new connections in active areas of the brain and unused pathways lessen if I am correct in my limited understanding of neuroplasticy. I am am just a slightly eccentric autodidact who has a curious mind that enjoys learning about itself. :)

Kind regards,

Shamanism.

"Rerum novarum cupidus" (always remain unbiased and curious)

Last edited:
SSRIs are garbage. The theory that more serotonin equals less depression is no longer in vogue or really even believed in anymore by many people, including me.
SSRIs give people flat affect and sexual side effects, and that's about it. If 3-MMC works better for you than any other drug without any bad side effects after taking it for days on end for years like you have, then you should stick with taking it. You know more about your mind/body than we do. Yes, it's rather unconventional, and you will be in a pickle when (not if but when) they ban 3-MMC in your country, but what else can you do?

Good to hear this as I was considering going back on Paxil but might wait. The drug helped me accomplish a lot in my 20's, but I couldn't feel hardly anything in the 3 years I finished college. Colors were brighter like flowers and such, but … ?
The drug was indeed a motivator for some time to accomplish goals, but I did feel very flat, unemotional. Little noises like the humm of the refrigerator or heater were exceptionally LOUD also… To the point of annoyance. :)

Yes you get used to your new baseline pretty quick also side efects like loss of libido suck.

Yes! I too had extreme sensitivity to noises tha last time I was on it!
Some high frequency noises can be quite bundled like a tight beam of sound (in contrast to low frequency noise) and ricochet from walls etc, so when you turn your head you would heer high pitch noise, I innitially took it for tinnitus, but discovered that if I moved my position in the room it would be gone, often it was sound from the fridge or dimmers from lights reflecting from different surfaces.

Last edited:
^ yes, exactly. when i would move around or change my location in a room… it would stop or increase/decrease in tone or volume. as well with the light sources. i could also hear people's conversations very far away but not up close very well. although - strattera stopped the background noise. I took it for sometime also, but i'm not on any ssri/snri now.

thank you, i'll move onto the other thread! :)

Off topic but must ask, and also have a feeling many others are wondering. Is your name Anja(as you've said most), Stefanie(as you've also posted here) or the other name which is slipping my mind but you've also posted here..?

The first post in this thread seems to want either a comprehensive analysis or a theoretical proposition as to why longterm 3-MMC would be more or less neurotoxic than SSRIs. Problem is most medical information on 3-MMC is about acute toxicity. I can not find any long term use studies. I think the premise of the thread tends towards non-sense.

Student76[/URL said:
I can say from expirience i am not losing my IQ or Memory the last 3 years.
And here is the crowning point on why this thread is fundamentally defective. One can not meaningfully self evaluate for cognitive deficits. Using some substances people lose the ability to tie their shoes or blow their own nose but continuously make assertions about their increasing knowledge and insight.

Its really not up to a mental health forum to affirm or deny your tangential claims about potential mental health promoting properties of bath salts. I suspect the OP knows its doing way more harm than good but feels if someone makes an argument the OP finds intellectually misformed than the OP will be justified in carrying on.If OP needs someone to be an idiot so he can go on a angry anti-idiocy rampage of over indulgence in a substance he is calling therapeutic well by all means I'll be your idiot.

My personal suspicion is that you do know on at least a few levels that you do have increasing cognitive problems from 3-mcc. Why I think this is that when I'm in denial about certain things I try to throw imponderables and unsolvables at people.

You aren't going to get a genius answer about 3-MMC being a mental health panacea.

^ yes, exactly. when i would move around or change my location in a room… it would stop or increase/decrease in tone or volume. as well with the light sources. i could also hear people's conversations very far away but not up close very well. although - strattera stopped the background noise. I took it for sometime also, but i'm not on any ssri/snri now.

thank you, i'll move onto the other thread! :)

Yeah it was a bit annoying, but also reassuring, that my hearing after decades of loud music, working as a DJ and in a recordshop. Hasn't really affected my hearing. =D Others around me simply couldn't hear it. As a matter of fact perhaps it even is better now.

Last edited:
Sorry for offtopic,but I want to know,and people here are clearly more experienced than me..
I kinda know that SSRIs wont change anything except of bad sideffects and all,but at the same time I really want to take them(my physician is all the way for it..he doesnt seem to notice the bad side of pills). SSRIs made feel like a person ,also smarter and more interesting..I dont know why?? Now Im again same pathetic douche and Im very eager to try SSRI again,is it smart to take pills like that,on and off for couple of months? Or is it more effective to take it whole year straight? Or should I stay away from it as this experience could possibly come naturally with time? How you think guys?