• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom - I hate stim effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

5_HT2A

Bluelighter
How can i kill the stim effect from kratom? I took it a lil bit ago w/ and energy drink and i feel jittery as fuck.

Don't have an energy drink next time.

There's nothing you can do but wait...

The stimulating alkaloids of Kratom and caffeine synergize heavily.

Either have the Kratom or the energy/drink coffee. You can't have both if you want to avoid jitters...

I just purchased my first pouch of kratom powder. Looking forward to any effects it gives me. Lol

Obviously don't combine it w/ caffeine. Low doses feel much more stimulating than high doses so you could take a larger dose

See,this has never made sense to me.I've never tried kratom but am really interested in doing so.I always run out of my Percocets early and spend the week or so prior to my next script having to go through some shit because I'm out of painkillers,having minor withdrawls(but still enough to suck),and of course increased pain.I have terrible anxiety so I definitely don't want anything stimulating.It would seem that if a low dose would be stimulating,a higher dose would be more so.What would all you experienced kratom users do in this situation.I want the opiate like effects I've heard of with zero speediness.Any advice would be appreciated.

I think you may be overestimating kratoms stimulant effects somewhat. There is definitely a stimulating aspect to it but I'd say it's completely mental in effect (i.e. no physical jitteriness) and I'd describe it more like a general motivation to get stuff done than the pushy sort of stimulation you get from caffeine or amphetamines. "Red vein" strains are said to be more mongy, though personally I can't tell much difference between red and green vein strains besides overall potency (red tends to be weaker). I'd say don't let the stimulation put you off trying it. I think it's quite nice having something vaguely opiate like that doesn't mong you out or kill your motivation. In fact, that's probably a better way of looking at it: the stimulant effect basically negates some of the more ruinous aspects of conventional opioids.

Last edited:
See,this has never made sense to me.I've never tried kratom but am really interested in doing so.I always run out of my Percocets early and spend the week or so prior to my next script having to go through some shit because I'm out of painkillers,having minor withdrawls(but still enough to suck),and of course increased pain.I have terrible anxiety so I definitely don't want anything stimulating.It would seem that if a low dose would be stimulating,a higher dose would be more so.What would all you experienced kratom users do in this situation.I want the opiate like effects I've heard of with zero speediness.Any advice would be appreciated.

High doses of kratom are relaxing, it doesn't cause anxiety it makes you calm and serene. There is still a stimulating effect present, in the sense that you will be much more awake then you would on a similar dose of opiates but the sedative effect counteracts that.

the stimulant effect basically negates some of the more ruinous aspects of conventional opioids.

Yeah, it makes it so you cant just nod/sleep all day like you can do if you have enough heroin. It can actually be quite nice. Personally, there are times when I prefer kratom to opiates for this reason. Other days I just want that opiate sedation and kratom just feels like a tease to me.

So those of you with experience think it would help me get through that week or week and a half when I run out of percs with no or minimal withdrawls?I'm RXd 4 a day and take between 4 and 8, sometimes 10 but have been average about 6/day.Would the kratom help me get through or even be a useful supplement so I could get by on less oxy.My doctor already told me that's the most they will prescribe,thus my interest in kratom or anything that has an opiate like effect.I recently moved to a rural area where narcotic prescriptions are hard to get.Thanks to all who took the time to reply since I'm kinda between a rock and a hard place here.

^^^ I'm a pretty heavy opiate user and I was able to get by a few days on just the commercial grade kratom (purchased at a head shop) so I would say that seeing as how you are on average using 6 percs a day, kratom would be pretty beneficial to you.

5 grams of maenga da supreme gave me an insanely euphoric nod if say similar to 50 mg of oxy I've used opiates for three years and after being addicted for a year and a half and building a moderate tolerance I quit for a whole year and it dropped back to nothing ever since then I've been using very moderately not to build tolerance. With no tolerance kratom will absolutely knock you on your ass however if you've totally blown your opioid receptors into space your not gonna get much out of it

Status
Not open for further replies.