• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin blood tainted shot

htracks

Greenlighter
i have a syringe w/ a shot of h in it. it also has some blood in it from earlier today. i know that clotted blood in a syringe isn't the safest thing but i was wondering if i could leave it in the syringe for a couple of days. too close to call? or should i just trash it? it's my last dose and i plan on kicking afterword. i just don't want to be sick during the weekend.

A couple days? Why so long? I think you should trash it you shouldn't let a solution sit Around for very long if your IVing it especially because its a breeding ground for bacteria. Why would you prepare shot draw some blood in the syringe then let it sit for a few days anyways?

Sounds like a great way to get sepsis in my opinion. I'd break the needle off and plug it so you don't waste it but I definitely would NOT shoot that at this point.

^^thats good advice you have a better chance of being able to fight off any bacteria if you plug the solution versus IVing it. I can't bring myself to waste H on purpose either so this is the only way really to use the H in a somewhat safe manner. The heroin most likely will have converted to morphine after 24 hours in water so a slight decrease in the "rush" normally felt from heroin is possible.

Sepsis ain't too hard to get so be careful only IV solutions that have just been prepared unless you have bacteriostatic water.

If I remember correctly it's more like 1/10 will spontaneously hydrolyze from diacetlymorphine to morphine per 24h - i.e. you won't feel much of a difference when administering it if it's under 72 hrs.