Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(E-MXE/MXM/ 3-MeO-2'-OxO-PCM) - First Trials - Not as expected

atlantis4eva

Bluelighter
MXM REPORT

**Disclaimer: On the 12th of Sept (the night previous to testing the MXM), I stayed up all night with my friend on RC amphetamine and a small amount of MDA. In the early morning of the 13th I took 3 etizolam and smoked 2 joints. I thought it pertinent to include this information, because I am not sure how much or little effect those factors had on my experience.***

I was feeling a bit exhausted from partying and not sleeping the night before, but as MXM has no user reports out online yet, I felt an exclusivity and an urgency to take one of the first batches to come to the U.S. I was weary of how epic the trip was going to be, because I know with true psychedelics, a cloudy head from other endeavors can exponentially numb and undermine the trip. For some reason I had this pretense that it was going to be very similar to MXE, which is my favorite RC and probably another reason I didn’t want to wait until after a night’s sleep to try it out. Of the 5 people hanging out at my house, I was the only one up for a trip (as everyone else had been up the night prior too, and less enthusiastic about it I guess), which also may have had an effect because I know with MXE, not just setting, but people taking it with you significantly influence your experience. Again, I was holding MXM to MXE’s bar, which may have been an error on my part, especially since my friend who bought it told me it may be more similar to Ketamine than MXE.

7:53pm 12mg nasal
My friend who was administrating the drug to me wanted to start out with a low-tester, in case of allergies or other precautions, though I wanted to get right into it with a 60mg dose (my usual MXE dose). As I expected, there was only a very slight head change from this bump, basically, and creeped up within the first 20 minutes. Since nothing exciting or noteworthy was happening, I weighed out another 21 mg at 8:19, nasally. Within another 15 minutes, I felt what I recognized most as a K-high: slight disassociation, with a surprising amount of sedation. I was worried my body was finally succumbing to sleep (We were all in the living room and someone had put on a movie. Everyone was pretty much zoned out on what was on the T.V. so I felt somewhat robbed of interaction. -It was going to be an introverted trip), so I told my friend to finally weigh me out a 60mg dose at 8:55pm, bringing me to a total of 90mgs within the first hour of ingestion- a blast off dosage- I hopelessly convinced myself. I was prepared for a de-fractalized ego or something but all it did was tip me over the threshold (which is all 33mgs brought me to) into the beginning of what was to be too similar to a K-hole for my liking, and there was only a hint of psychedelic properties. Mainly, I had these super-imposed beams of light creating a sense of sunlight coming in through blinds everywhere. I vocally brought this up to my friends in the room, which caused the beams of light to slowly dissipate until I found myself straining to keep them in sight before I even finished my sentence. This is about the time I finally accepted that my trip wasn’t what I was expecting, and that probably my tiredness was totally blocking my awareness of any trippyness. Disappointed in myself (for holding expectations), and the MXM (for being what I now conclude to either be a weak batch or just a drug I have no interest in, like K). I accepted that this unsatisfactory state was to be my night and that my enthusiasm perhaps caused assumptions that deflated my enjoyment once those assumptions were squelched.

At 9:53 I was getting a bit fidgety and bored so I took another 36mg nasally and went outside to smoke a cigarette and see if listening to music would boost the trip up to the next level. It was apparent now to all my senses that I was on a dissociative, but still nothing I felt seemed even worth writing a report about. Perhaps my sleepy state inhibited my ability to realize how high I was, but as soon as I was halfway through my cigarette, I fell really heavily into a K-hole, or MXM-hole, but it was exact to any K-hole I had experienced. This debilitated state lasted about 20-25 minutes. After which I contemplated falling asleep outside in my chair, because that “hole” I fell into drained me of any remaining energy I had. Slumping myself back inside, I shot my friend a look of uncertainty and slight concern. The music I had listened to outside (which consisted of a shuffle through random King Crimson tunes-which usually can take me to a higher spinning state even while sober) had zero impact on my trip, besides the confusing feeling of indifference towards King Crimson. which left me at a loss for any hope of the night turning better. I weighed out another 50mg at 11:45pm, but one of my friends convinced me it was useless and wasteful, which I’m glad she did, because I fell asleep perhaps a minute and a half later.

After a good 9 hrs of shut eye, I decided to take the day to lay in bed with my friend and watch movies and just be lazy all day. That night, feeling a bit lethargic, but well-rested, I decided to do 53mg at 9:18pm, and then another 50mg at 10:15pm, to see if a rested brain would improve my ability to capture the capacities of MXM. It definitely finalized in my mind that MXM is not a drug I care to waste brain cells on. It gave me the same sedated, disassociated feeling, but this time with a noticeable amount of manic qualities. All still teetering on threshold-level, none of those feelings got me excited about the drug I was doing.
I really don’t want to dismiss this research chemical as a flop, especially with the high standards I was holding it to, but that’s all I got from it so far. I’m going to have to wait and hear about other people’s experience, but unless the batch I got was a weak one, I’m going to have to categorize MXM with the likes of drugs that simply can’t hold their own.

hey thanks for the report !!
what doses of mxe do you usually take ?
did i understand correctly that you dislike ketamine and mxm reminded you of ketamine and thus you disliked mxm ?

Sounds pretty interesting. Can't wait to see more reports as well as hearing your response to Wayab.

Maybe try another ROA?
Diphenidine, for example doesnt seem to work very well nasally...

Maybe try another ROA?
Diphenidine, for example doesnt seem to work very well nasally...
Good point, everyone assumes certain ROAs like insufflation but that isn't always the case. I would try plugging as well as oral and if your up for it, IM which is usually one of the best ROAs for dissociatives besides plugged.

Yeah, MXE doesn't do a lot for me nasally, I mean it works but the experience is lacking and it takes more. Oral is best for MXE generally, rectal is super powerful but I only use it if I'm going for a hole (no pun intended :D)

Give the MXM a try orally I suggest.

You made two mistakes taking your MXM:
1) Benzodiazepines have a negative impact on dissociative effects, your body is counteracting increased GABA levels with more glutamate, which counteracts the effects of dissociatives. Benzodiazepines may even completely cancel out a dissociative. If you regularly take benzodiazepines and are somewhat physically dependent, this effect is going to last for some time after stopping benzodiazepines use as well. Then you may feel the opposite, dissociatives working stronger than usually, part of which is going to be simply the relief of anxiety, I guess.
2) Re-dosing is generally not a good idea with dissociatives, a re-dose equal to a starting dose will never feel as strong, because the upregulation of NMDA receptors is very quick. It's much better to take at least a few days break and then titrate your dose (a full week break is more reasonable). I mean even a small test dose will have an impact on your higher main dose.

Ethyl group on the amine is optimal in arylcyclohexanamines for potency, so it's obvious MXM is weaker than MXE on a weight basis. It may also mean that MXM is going to have a higher affinity at other sites that prefer a shorter alkyl chain on the amine, but as it's still a secondary amine, I doubt that the difference is drastic. Overall it should be a potent dissociative anyway, perhaps etizolam ruined it for you, and if it's not, then there's something else going on (like N-ethylnorketamine being inferior to ketamine for whatever reason - perhaps lower affinity at other sites ketamine has some effect on).

I agree with you, except for MXE, redosing seems to work wonderfully. I have never noticed an increase in tolerance with MXE after redosing, tolerance just builds over time if you take it too often. In fact I only ever dose MXE in 30-45 minute increments of 25-30mg. If I dose the total amount all at once it's too much, too fast, but each redose ramps it up very significantly.

Wow are these some new arylcyclohexylamines? I'm a huge dissociatives fan and was lucky enough to obtain some very nice rolicyclidine for the third time in my life.

Depending on the situation, my MXE doses range from 30mg-125mg. The experiences in those high-dose trials created a personal distaste for what Ketamine has to offer. Because on MXE, if you fall into an M-hole, you are still going to have an experience that you can gain from and implement into your life. Whereas on MXM, falling into that "M"-hole, you just digress into a state that doesn't allow for experience in the beneficial parts of your mind. Which is also how I feel about K, hence the reference. I just feel like MXE was a step in the right direction from Ketamine and MXM was kind of a step in the wrong direction. That's at least what I got just from this first batch, i want to specify.

More tests will be done with someone who has a clean brain from benzos and other drugs, I understand this is probably why the effects were not as pronounced. More reports to soon follow.

Give it a try orally too sometime when your tolerance is down. And looking forward to more reports. :)

Yeah MXE is pretty special, a real sparkling gem. Wonderful stuff, I also like it better than K.

I agree with you, except for MXE, redosing seems to work wonderfully. I have never noticed an increase in tolerance with MXE after redosing, tolerance just builds over time if you take it too often. In fact I only ever dose MXE in 30-45 minute increments of 25-30mg. If I dose the total amount all at once it's too much, too fast, but each redose ramps it up very significantly.

I honestly can't relate specifically to MXE dosed in such a fashion. However, I will risk a hypothesis here. Methoxetamine has quite a high affinity towards SERT, it's far lower than that of SSRIs, but I guess it's significant enough to back up some secondary effects that were earlier hypothesised to be due to methoxetamine's affinity at opioid receptors. I think that's why MXE is different from ketamine and for the same reason 3-MeO-PCP is generally held in high regard. Certain 5-HT receptors modulate the release of glutamate, e.g. 5-HT1A & 5-HT1B receptors inhibit glutamate release upon activation, which could possibly potentiate NMDA antagonistic effects of MXE and decrease upregulation of NMDA receptors. I'm not sure if it would be a marked effect, because the same subtypes inhibit the release of serotonin as well.

Well all I know is that dosing regimen works for me and all my friends, as well as quite a few people in PD. I only dose it all at once if I want to hole (which isn't very often).

Well all I know is that dosing regimen works for me and all my friends, as well as quite a few people in PD. I only dose it all at once if I want to hole (which isn't very often).

I agree with this 100%. How all my friends and I do it as well.

Will be getting some Methoxmetamine soon and will post a TR as well.

So if my dose of MXE is 150mg, would MXM be 300mg? Yes I am aware I take large doses of MXE (higher than 150mg). Please don't judge, I'm just curious if you need to double the dose of MXM. I plan to start low of course because it could be stronger than I think.

Wow are these some new arylcyclohexylamines? I'm a huge dissociatives fan and was lucky enough to obtain some very nice rolicyclidine for the third time in my life.

sorry to bump the thread. Freon how was the rolicyclidine? I'm very curious, isn't it a sedating form of pcp, did you hole?

Oh yeah, rolicyclidine ... why don't we have more arylcyclohexylamine RCs!? I absolutely fell in love with MXE and can't wait for 2'-OxO-PCE.