• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

sketchy iv use please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

WESTSIDE IGUANA

Greenlighter
Swim recently had a friend who had prepared a shot of heroin and cocaine and was ready to use in needle swims friend set down the needle and it rolled off into the toilet and there was urine in toilet swim then cleaned off needle with hydrogen peroxide and shot up should swim be worried about his decision what should swim watch for and what diseases could swim have gotten? What are the symptoms? Any info would help swim is very worried and hasn't been able to sleep

Firstly, don't use the acronym swim. It's confusing, unnecessary, and frowned upon here. Not an iv user, but people have been known to evaporate their own urine into a crude source of water in survival situations. I'm sure someone else with more experience will be along to answer at some point. But, personally, I wouldn't worry too much.

Lol thanks! I feel fine so I'm hoping everything's alright! I feel stupid that this had to be my first thread!

I got some pretty rude messages about it to! People said I was just looking for attention and that I'm an idiot and an insult to IV drug users. I was just extremely sick at the time and didn't care all that much I'm sure other IV users can relate in some way.

Doubt you got anything life threatening from something that was briefly dropped in urine/water then immediately cleaned with hydrogen peroxide. I mean unless someone jerked off in there you probably werent even exposed to the "bodily fluids" that cause the more horrid diseases. Keep a tighter grip on your needles in the future though heh.

It was my roommates urine though? He's a nerd and has only ever slept with one girl and I mean nerd as in plays video games and never leaves type nerd. But that makes me feel a little less stressed I lost my job earlier that day to... Ps lol I didn't drop it I set it down and had a feeling it was going to fall in after I set it down so I went to close the toilet and it fell in! It was just a bad day

Watch for a fever mainly... as well as other signs/symptoms of infection- if you continue to feel fine after a couple of days you likely have nothing to worry about. But if you do get a fever and feel ill you have to go to the ER. Last thing you want is a bloodstream infection. If that does happen... the sooner you get your blood cultured, ID the organism, and start I.V. antibiotics the better!

Bacteria in the blood is very serious so practice better sterile technique buddy. Bloodstream infection can lead to infection of the heart valves (endocarditis), but if it got that bad you would feel REALLY sick. Invest in some 70% alcohol prep pads they're like $3 for a box of 100 and in the future if you do drop your rig in the toilet or anywhere else that's dirty just transfer the contents into a new needle. Take the time to use those prep pads because if you don't and you get sick you're going to be hella pissed!

It's been 3 days now? So you shouldn't stress too much. Hope this helps a bit and that you continue to feel well!

Last edited:
This is not a basis for a wiki article. Please read the guidelines of the subforum you're in before posting again.

ebola

Status
Not open for further replies.