• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Demerol (solution) IV'd - thoughts?

Friggin' glowing my thoughts are, have some very fond memories of several post-op IV meperidine shots. Probably one of the most addictive opioids out there, for good reason. Even 50mg tablets get me high as a kite in mere minutes. Not for the faint of heart tho.

Friggin' glowing my thoughts are, have some very fond memories of several post-op IV meperidine shots. Probably one of the most addictive opioids out there, for good reason. Even 50mg tablets get me high as a kite in mere minutes. Not for the faint of heart tho.

Just curious, why do you say not for the faint of heart tho?

I used to shoot H but I was able to quit but I get prescribed 100mg Demerol solution every month and I get a month supply. I believe now my drug of choice is more demerol now than H ever was. I am trying to get back to where I don't abuse it and I use the prescription as directed (IM)... but now that I've tried it IV... its hard not to. There's no better feeling than IVing Demerol. BUT, again, like I said, I am trying to use it as prescribed because I have a brain tumor and get really bad migraines and symptoms from it.

around here we have meperidine only as an injectable soluction (Dolantina), so never had the chance to try it - yet -, as probably most drugstores won't have it. i hear about it all the time though, is the kind of shit they'll IV you if you come in the emergency with severe pain.

according to wikipedia, oral meperidine has 1/3 of the potency of oral morphine, and oral BA is 50%

so do the math... if you wanted a 10mg IV shot of morphine (good for zero-tolerance), you'd need... uhh 45mg of meperidine... here you go

now i even wanna try it out myself

I don't know if was the dose or what, but IV demerol at the hospital was so much better then hydromorophone, so much more stoney and dopey and it is deep and lasting, while that dilly just begins to fade as soon as the rush sets in.

Just curious, why do you say not for the faint of heart tho?

The rush. Meperidine gives a 'rocket rush' that's more intense than that of almost any other opioid, it can be quite destabilizing to those who don't expect it even if they are experienced users of other opiate/opiod drugs. This is apparently due to meperidine's ability to inhibit dopamine and epinephrine transporters, resulting in stimulant effects at the CNS level. This combined with its strong affinity for opiate receptors results in a sort of speedball-like experience.

I don't know if was the dose or what, but IV demerol at the hospital was so much better then hydromorophone, so much more stoney and dopey and it is deep and lasting, while that dilly just begins to fade as soon as the rush sets in.

Yeah same here, with IV use the Demerol buzz seem to last longer than dilaudid or morphine which is somewhat odd because the therapeutic effect of meperidine is supposed to be shorter. Could just be that the effects on reward centers are more pronounced with this drug.

Yeah same here, with IV use the Demerol buzz seem to last longer than dilaudid or morphine which is somewhat odd because the therapeutic effect of meperidine is supposed to be shorter. Could just be that the effects on reward centers are more pronounced with this drug.

I think it is possible that some the metabolites have a longer effect that tends to linger but I mean when compared to hydromorophone, anything has legs.

Kilfer - that is a great way to describe it - "rocket rush" ... thats the part that I crave and keeps me coming back for more. That initial rush really doesn't last too long (I wish it would though) but you do feel the other effects for a longer time after ... Its addicting but the comedown from it really isn't bad and I have never experienced withdrawals that are unbearable...Because of that, it really makes it difficult to not shoot it up every time I get my hands on it.

Demerol kicks ass. They usually give Demerol and Valium cocktail for conscious sedation. Thumbs up.

Never had a chance to try it...do know where a 10 year old bottle of Demoral/promethiezine capsules are. Don't know how much is in each capsule, and heard it was dangerous to shoot promethizine, and don't wanna get shot breaking into someone's house...but they have so many meds they had prescribed and NEVER took, percocet bottles, hydro syrup bottles,leftover morphine, ADHD meds, some benzos.. Now I did snag some Morphine, Temazapam, Vvyynaase, and Percocet like 4 years ago when I was 21 and over their,couldn't resist they were not even takin it anyway,bottles were like years old. Don't know why I didn't grab a few of the Demoral/Promethizine capsules...