Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

DPT -- Second Attempt -- Whooa!

Neural Shock

Bluelighter
DPT - Whooa!

This is from several weeks back.
DPT - Second attempt. The first was a 35mg low grade trip that was still interesting but a tease - LSD lite but with many new possibilities. It had a certain intensity. The speed of the trip is to its advantage as you can arrange 4 hours of peace easier than a whole day. I am not working (taking time off, self-employeed, etc. etc.). So I'm relaxed and not much pisses me off these days. No trip sitter (not recommended even if you've had hundreds of trips under your belt - that backfired on me in a way I didn't think about). It's 75mg so it shouldn't be too intense. There's a lot of codshit thoughout so skip where you like.
19:45 Snorted 75mg. No sting. No irritation. Good. Same as before.
19:48 Already off baseline. Feels like an acid come-up. I smoke a low-grade hash joint. Early days.
19:50 Getting subtle visual distortions. Room is periodically correcting itself in synch with my heartbeat.
19:55 Dizzy. Not uncomfortable.
20:00 Quite dreamy, like a 2c. But I know this is going to be intense. This could be anything.
20:05 Ugh. Drip.
20:10 Whoaaa. This is getting intense. It feels physically intense - vibrations and hyperactivity. I'm pacing around the room thinking "what the hell ?". It's not revealing itself. I'm glad I didn't snort any more. This will do. Back of my nasal passage is horrible and crusty.
20:15 Before I completely fall into this I must get comfortable and stationary. The floor of the living room suffices. I like the harsh of the flat ground sometimes - better than a bed. Fucking drip. That's it, I'm never snorting again. I mean it. Breathing through my mouth. Let's do it.
Bits and pieces written after the peak, as much as I can remember:
<?> The visuals are very symmetrical and very translucent. Everything meets an axis dissecting the light above me. Somewhere else. Split into six - strong impression of six. More. Everything, and me with it, has split, unravelled and centred at the light (yellow 60 watt lightbulb in the mid ceiling). It's emotionally intense. Happiness is somehow even frantic and - fuck - it changes all the time. In and out. Wave of this wave of that. Physically heavy - vibrational. WHOOOO! Whack, phllllluuuu, flaaaaa. Incredible in your face splitting, curling, unraveling - symmetrical, beautiful and a little scary in its visual order. Such details and complexity. Visuals, thoughts, vibrations. It can be stopped for only a second. Don't bother. Physical pulses - some control over it. Fuck it - flow. To fucked to get up. Flailing hands over and back. Forgotten apartment - only a plane ceiling. A documentary called "Powerful energies and vibrations never seen by normal people" - watched by nobody. I feel fear - that I have measured the dose wrong and taken too much ? Intense. I force myself to remember my measurement on the scales. Gotta be right. Calm. Good. Now I'm gone again. More waves in between something happening for someone - a picture of symmetry covering everything. Jesus blitherin H. Nah it's gone again. It may as well be a large kaleidoscope with many many mirrors. There is no point in trying to get on top of it somehow - can only do it for a second anyway. Be a waster (laugh). Big beam. How long ??? Me again sometimes. Happy now. I have all the ordinary answers I need. Have I just done all this ? Time ? Got up. Moving around. Pacing again - "whoo fucking hell". Physically intense. Still going in my head. Not ready for the usual crap yet.
<21:05> Damn that drip. Writing.
I'm walking around the apartment. What have I tuned into. Each room has a centre and a lot of feelings. Possibly whatever I bring in. Each room is very different with the light on and off. I prefer on. Good, bad, whatever - just hyperactive. Every feeling is almost hard work. Thinking too much again. I'm glad this isn't a 12 hour session.
Definitely what we perceive everyday is not everything around you. Possibly illusion, possibly paranormal. While my apartment is not haunted (I'm a skeptic in general) there is something here - an order. Well maybe. I looked outside to see if that was the same. I think so but the window closes me off. Outside is very amusing. He he. I can't put my finger on why. Beautiful visuals like mushrooms.
I sit back on the couch. I am becoming the usual again. No-one is due to call in. Stupid error I'm becoming aware of. I need someone to talk shit to that seems incredibly important - i.e. this trip. Pangs of loneliness in thought. That reminds me of cocaine, of all things. Needing conversation.
I felt overwhelmed, yet teased again. Any more than this would be physically difficult. There was so much changing all the time, it's like Mike Oldfield's music. Except for nearly panicking at the thought of getting the measurement wrong, I am pretty okay with it. Verifying correct measurement by subtraction. Yes yes. I knew I knew.
Refreshing and different from salvia.
An honest to goodness mental workout. But I need to talk to a real person. A trip sitter is a good idea. Before this bothers me too much I decide to walk around the apartment trying to feel its energy. I'm glad I didn't take more because I may have ended up walking out of the apartment after peaking - not good!
Is this enjoyable ? Yes. Could I go out in public ? Hell no. I switch on my mobile phone. No messages. Still fucked. Time has stretched - strange. Time is slowing, past the peak.
<21:20>
Let's try a ring. I rang a friend. Got pissed off - I don't like long phone conversations. There's something stiffling about two people chatting holding a piece of plastic to their ears and essentially shouting at eachother. No body language allowed. Messy. I hate phones, especially now. Taking notes. I should have recorded and spoke this. I did try to look for a blank minidisc in order to record verbally. Too much cabling to sort out. Too late idiot. I'm writing all I remember to for the peak. I'm at the looking back bit. Still tripping.
Everything happened at lightning pace but the peak didn't last long. A trip in fast forward.
There is plenty to think about and discuss. Damn - idiot didn't choose a group session. You definitely need a fellow tripper and a trip sitter. I was lucky actually. If I had serious difficulties I would have had a hard time doing anything about it. I wish someone would call in but I'm not arsed to call anyone, and I chose this night because no-one would be likely to call in. Flatmate is away. Music - something simple. Radio - good and random on low. Funky music and ads. Whatever you want.
Like LSD now but clearer, fresher. It is very honest, humbling and beautiful.
I need a girlfriend again. Been pissing around too long, and worse, getting lazy lately. Ibiza poisoned me with chaotic hedonism and it doesn't translate to the home field forever.
This new one has hardened me again, helped by the utter curiousity of what's out there and in here (pointing at my head). Personally I don't think DPT is for beginners. Others may disagree. Anyway, everyone's a beginner. You can't chart all this shit out and if you think you can you're arrogant or some impossible genius.
Music is surprisingly good. I know I don't like it, yet I can see how someone can really like it. Strange. I'm not this accommodating when I'm sober.
Too much cannabis can make you lazy. I pains me to write that, but you're allowed one vice in life so fuck it. I accept. I don't get pissed all the time so... I wish I was in Amsterdam where you can go out and meet people AND smoke.
I really should be discussing things with someone. I need somebody to bounce ideas off and talk shit to. Next time I'll choose company. Okay okay.
CODSHIT ALERT:
I thought again about an idea I haven't thought about since college. There is an idea in mathematics called the platonic existence of mathematical objects. Maths objects and concepts (such as numbers, equations, theorems, algorithms) have an external existence. When we write down an idea, it is a representation of something that's out there already. So new maths ideas are not invented, they are discovered. I thought about this for humans. There is an idea I read in a book once regarding getting together all the knowledge, emotions, memories, etc. of someone into a book (or a computer program). Do you then have that person in your hand ? Ask this program questions and it will answer the same as the person would. AI copy ? Maybe that particular experiment is not possible due to possible non-computablility in the brain (events without clear logical pattern). Anyway... Your body could be just a representation of the real you - a link to the real you (shades of The Matrix here). The real you is "out there" somewhere. Repercussions ? Could there be an infinite amount of different people in past, present and future existence if we allow this idea to be ? The same idea as a soul ? Well yeah. Foolishness maybe but I like it for now. Religion ? Science ? I need to do this again.
There is so much potential. So much to enjoy and think about. This is a social drug IN THE SENSE THAT you shouldn't do it alone. You need a close-knit group - preferably small. A trip sitter at the minimum. I will organise this. Much more can be achieved with social interaction. NOTE: It is not a party drug. That would be a wasted trip and a wasted party.
<22:00>
Coming down. Aha. Fading eh ? I'm feeling contented.
<22:10> I'm not hungry. The radio needs retuning.
<22:20> Drinking is strange. That always happens.
<22:22> Joint.
<22:30> I've rolled better joints. Still thinking. This is astounding. Really astounding. What the ? Amazing.
<22:35> Turning radio off. Enjoying the silence. I'm walking around the rooms again. Stopping and smiling. Just regular trippy rooms. Still alive.
<22:45> I turned on the TV. Flicked mindlessly through every channel about ten times. Not a good idea. Off!
<22:55:> It's like peeling an onion. Just like acid. Slowly coming out of it in waves and layers. Very very pleasurable.
<23:15> TV on. Comedy video on. I knew it - comedy is enhanced. I love that. You really feel you understand the jokes, no matter how subtle, as if for the first time. There's a certain bond that happens when you feel a good joke.
<23:30> My flatmate returns half-pissed. Unexpected return early from overseas. Cool. Wait until he hears this.
<01:30> It's well gone now. I think I was back to baseline at 00:30 or so. I talked the shit out of my friend. From the moment he came in the door he had no choice but to listen, and listen he did. Fair play. He is dying to try it. He is a very experienced tripper.
<03:00> Slept soundly after smoking serious joints.
---
My flatmate tried 75mgs the following night. I stayed sober. He experienced the intensity and the flavours it offers, but it felt like a tease. And you know I felt it had more to offer too, even though it gave me a good session. This one is complex. I want to try the oral route. I'm really sick of snorting stuff, not that I do it much. But I want someone experienced present as a sitter. DPT feels much more open to possibilities - good and bad - than any other tryptamine I have encountered thus far. Yes, I want to return here again. I still haven't found the right time. This one's a biggie.

DPT is an amazing psycchedelic. Definatly not for beginers. 100 mg. (the trip report is here in this forum though you can't search for it unfortunatly [also at erowid]) provided me with quite a psychedelic ass-kicking, but also an instant peak experience where the boundry between me and the spirit world was shattered like a glass window. Most impressive material, and one I have the up-most respect for. Next time I am going to try a much lower dosage to see if it can be more instructional, rather than shamanistic. Nice read by the way.
------------------
"I have discovered that common sense is quite uncommon" My name here
[This message has been edited by morninggloryseed (edited 24 December 2000).]

Cheers. Actually I remember your reports. Very good trips, and influential in me not doing 100mg on my own. I think I made the right choice as I think I'm sensitive to it. I want to try eating it. I've had my fill of snorting stuff. I had some cocaine recently, and really that's it.
DPT is very impressive. I haven't felt that opened up in quite some time. Refreshing. You know, you try these chemicals a couple of times and it's interesting, but then you move on to the next one. But DPT is something really special. I'll definitely be revisiting it soon. I have a couple of friends recruited and trained
wink.gif