• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

LSD - experienced - The Re-tuning of Pyro (Acid - High dose + Campout)

Pyro

Bluelighter
The Re-tuning of Pyro (Acid - High dose + Campout)

FORWARD: I'm writing this to sorta make more sense of it all. This was my first really potent acid experience, and I was very overwhelmed, but I am going to get out what I can and hope that writing helps me describe what many can't explain, or never even see.
I also wonder if my trip was about the unity and community of the rave scene where I live, or the unity and community of the world as a whole. I am thinking that my setting (a beautiful rave-campout with a very select group of very sincere ravers), did very much influence the direction in which my trip took. I didn't see it until I looked back on it later, but a few things besides the campout being my setting leads me to belive that the trip was about my current situation, and how to better get involved... or to better experience life?
Though I'm not sure... I know I was shown many wonderful things throughout the course of 12 long... long long long hours...
-----------
DOSE: I bought the paper tabs from a guy who seemed very sincere. At a campout such as the f-8 campout only *really* good drugs show up, the people are very in to the experiences in general. I asked him how strong it was. He said "man, I have done a lot of acid, and I personally only need one hit of this acid to trip very very hard" so I bought six
smile.gif
. He called it "white fluff" and it was an unmarked white paper. I took one initially, then about 30 mins later things slowed down to almost frozen... I explained what was happeneing to my lawyer Don B. He told me to eat the other five, and to be quick about it. I said... "but it's already very very potent, I'm already starting to dissolve, it's only been 30 mins". My lawyers mouth dropped and said "ok.. wow... then eat two more, and give me the rest"
smile.gif
. So I ingested three tabs sublingually, then swallowed them.
SET: I was in a great mood. I was so happy to finally be at the f-8 campout, and all the people around me were folks that I've been around for two years now while partying. I was finally talking to and meeting those "un-named faces" I've always seen. I felt like my mind was ready for anything. I looked for mushrooms, but those were gone very quickly... I decided on acid instead.
SETTING: The Frequency-8 (f8) campout. Two hours north of San Francisco, in the mountians near a town called Willits. It was a 'get away resort'. Very natural and beautiful setting. Mud baths, hot tubs heated by coals, and beautiful paths. Animals and just wonderful places to lay down and relax. A beautiful garden with a water fountian that had a stone dragon spitting drinkable mountain water into the fountian (filled with trout). "dragon's drool" is what everyone was calling the water
smile.gif
. The people around me were all very mature people. This was the bayarea rave community (at least a portion of it)... not the commercialized community... Not to be offensive, but the difference in people is huge.
ONSET: in 15 minutes I felt twisted. In 30 minutes my 'self' begin to shatter.
DURATION: 8 hour continual, unrelenting peak. 4 more hours of leveled off "oh, I get IT now" trip. 12 hours in total, ending almost exactly at the 12 hour point.
----------------------------------
entitled: Re-tuning of Pyro
FREQUENCY 2:
I sat upon the dragon's back to fill up my water bottle with some 'dragon's drool'. We were calling the fresh mountian spring water this, I think the owners of the property created the name. It hadn't been very long since I ingested the last two hits of the acid and already things were overwhelming. As the water spit forth from the gentle dragon's mouth it filled my water bottle. It hit around the edge and splashed off into the air where it froze and then fell straight down into the water, making no splash. The stream of water coming from the dragon's mouth was now accentuated with red and blue and it spiraled and spat into my bottle until finally my bottle was filled. I felt the stone dragon's back muscles flex underneath me as I sat on him. His head turned to me and the water stopped coming out. His mouth didn't move but he said "Do you get -it- yet?".
I didn't pay any attention to the fact that the dragon was stone, I was asking for acid, and anything that was to happen I was going to let happen, and to not think weird. Psycadellic is as psycadelic does right, no need to fight it. So I got off of his back and returned my bottle to it's holder that was strapped around my neck and left shoulder. I held onto it tightly as it was somewhat of an anchor (not a grounding device, but an anchor...). I thought "but ... why would it ask if I get it?" I thought that I already got IT. Ya know? I thought that I got -it- on mushrooms, and then ecstasy showed me -it- again. Then (as I stood there thinking, staring at the flowers, apparantly walking through the garden paths), I realized..
... wait. mushrooms showed me it, and that was different then ecstasy's 'it'... and salvia showed me yet another 'it'... All were different, yet interrelated. Of course! It finally clicked that I had never been shown, nor had I looked for acid's 'it'. What was the point of this chemical? What did it try to show people? What was along it's path?
Path
Path...
Path... ... woops. where was I? It seems as if I had wandered off into this garden, and I had no idea how to get out. The garden was the one place I didn't familiarize myself with before taking the acid. I stopped and sat for a moment. I figured that things would come and happen, and I had no fear as to the future of myself, as the garden was very peaceful and the various plants and flowers were dancing for me... why not sit and watch?
and think.
FREQUENCY 4:
I ended up finding my way out of the garden by simply walking around until I came to the grassy hill area I recognized vaugly from my 'grounding' earlier. I was *so* in the mood to relax for a bit so I picked a nice spot in the shade and sat back, using my new backpack to lean against. I felt that I loved my new backpack very much, and I am glad that I bought it and thew out my old one. I thanked my water bottle with the strap and carrier cause it was litterally grounding me so I could walk around. I felt that without it I would float away. But now I was sitting and thinking in the shade... I got the idea "I think I might float away now". I took off my water bottle and set it in my lap so I wouldn't forget about it when I got up next.
I sat back with my hands on my stomach and closed my eyes. Immediatly my body disolved and I became inveloped in pattern and waves of color and movement. I felt myself spiral closer and closer and closer to a 'center' until I finally it it. In reflection I now know that I was out of body completely, my ego totally disolved. When I finally came to the center of this spiral there was one thing. It was entitled "ONE". then it broke down into two "TWO"'s and then three "THREE"'s. Then back to ONE again. I cannot describe what it was, as it really was nothing but thought being shown in picture form. I heard a voice very clearly behind me say "do you get it yet?" I opened my eyes as it sounded like someone was talking into my ear. I turned around and the people behind me were lost in their own conversation and I was confused for a moment. What had said this to me?
I felt a movement beneath me, a small rock of sorts that was trying to move around. I sat up and there was this spider. Very classic black bodied spider, about an inch big at the body, and with very long legs. I was scared, not knowing if it was a hallucination or not, so I brushed it away and moved a little bit away from it, and re-adjusted myself to laying down status
smile.gif
. Again my body became nothing and I watched the world around me disapate and unravel at the seams. I felt "Nitrus... indeed, I should see what nitrus would do" I said it outloud on accident and the people next to me looked over and sorta laughed (knowingly) at me. I smiled. It seemed to take days to finally get my cracker and whippit and balloon together. then to put my backpack back on and all of this. Finally I had the balloon in my hand and became sidetracked with a group of people sitting a bit away from me on the edge of the grass. They were obviously tripping and laughing full heartedly. I looked to the next group of people ... oddly enough they were exactly the same as the first group. I looked around eagerly now to find someone who was differnt but I could not. Everyone's face was being pulled apart and became bulbus and round, somewhat fluxuating. I could tell that they were different people, but the vision of them all being the same was amazing...
touch. hand. fingers. balloon? huh? oh shit, nitrus.
So I sat back and adjusted myself and inhaled the nitrus. Just holding my breath didn't seem to be working. As I breathed back into the balloon the intensity began. I sucked I breathed in and out and each time it became stronger and stronger and stronger and closer and closer things came and bigger and bigger and magnified the sky became. I was engulfed in blue sky, then beyond the sky... no, not beyond the sky buy beyond this reality, this world. beyond physical and meaning I found something very very small, but unifying. Something very confusing but amazing. I came out of it and thought "holy shit, acid is nitrus, they are both saying the same thing but acid is more descriptive and easier to see!" Again I accidently mumbled this outloud to myself. I then let my head fall back and I laughed out loud as fully as I could and the trees and the clouds and the grass laughed with me.
FREQUENCY 6: I was still very out of body but decided that I wanted to walk around again. I wanted to go down to the main dance area and listen to music. I had this very pulling desire to go and listen at that point in time. The "pull" was undeniable so I got up and began to walk in the direction that I rememberd would bring me to the music area. I was shattered still, existing somewhere behind my field of vision, I felt that it could be my 'mind's eye'. Someone came up to me, one of the people I came with and asked me something. I asked him to repeat it, but slowly because I was tripping. Each word seemed to not come out correctly. It had to propell them from where I was, and I hadn't ever been here before, so I didn't quite know how to send word to the mouth. So I just did it really slowly. "I - do - not - understand - you. going - to - music - now. have - fun" He patted me on the back and left.
I rememberd that I had my glasses on. They are larger square thin gold rimmed dark lense glasses. As I reached up to take them off I rememberd "oh yeah, tracers" and my hand traced up to my glasses and I took them off. the glasses traced away from my face and I looked out over the area with my eyes. I realized that I was looking very insane and drugged at this point, and that my pupils were dialated and perhaps should not be over exposed to the sun, so I put my glasses back on. t t t t t t t t t tracers.
And besides, I didn't need people looking at my eyes at this point. Things were getting very deep and dramatic-er than they were only... how long had I been tripping?
I went down to the music area and my good friend Telene was spinning. Oh my god. Holy amazing fucking coincidence. And there was my friend. I stood next to him and smiled. He said "wonderful little thing acid is isn't it?" and I replied "verbal is fucked, but yes, wonderful little thing. Enjoying thuroughly" It was still daytime so there weren't many people out on the dancefloor. Those that were seemed to be VERY good dancers. Very unique. They seemed to feel every move of Telene's records. Telene seemed to be so very into her set that I was taken aback. This was truely a special event. Above the dancefloor was hanging a green pyramid that was the F8 logo. I *felt* a very strong energy being pushed outward in a circle from the pyramid type structure. Those on the dancefloor I had seem earlier dosing acid or mushrooms. I felt very connected with them, and felt that I knew what was going on... or that I could only guess. Everyone of us trippers made eye contact, and smiles were exchanged. Randomly a circle was formed around the hanging pyramid. We danced, each in our seperate spots, each our own very unique individual characters and dances, yet forming this perfect circle. Energy was definatly pushing outward from the pyramid.
My lawyer walked past me and without stopping his momentum his lips streatched out to my ear and he wispered "do you get it yet?" and he kept walking and his lips retracted back to his mouth.
Do I get what? My thoughts became obsessed with this. I didn't know what was being shown to me. community? circles? connection? pattern? what??? WHAT? I turned to Telene and began to watch her spin. The music was so intense that I could not even move but slightly. She was spinning 'acid-trance' and holy fucking shit, I could understand why they called it 'acid-music' now. The frequencies pulsated and *washed* over me, spraying me with undescribable things. I closed my eyes and became one with the flow of the music. Telene looked at me and smiled and waved. I blew a kiss into the wind at her and she caught it smiling like the beautiful person she is. Her character was profoundly accentuated. Someone behind me said "do you get it yet? Go sit down, watch, I'll show you" I turned around and there was no one there.
I went and sat down.
FREQUENCY 8: I realized now something. I felt as if the acid chemical was 'tuning' me. As if I was a nob on a stereo. tuning to the right a couple frequencies at a time, more and more intense, showing me deeper and deeper each time what it was that acid has to show. I felt that acid had a lot to show, but at this point in my life it was trying to show me something very specific... something individual to my situation, individual yet global. I sat back, again using my backpack to prop me up and listened to my friend spin an amazing set. Everyone around me was taken aback by her set, it wasn't just me, it wasn't just the acid, her set was phenomenal. It was emotional and amazing. I couldn't take it and behind my glasses a small tear fell from my eye. Just one. as I closed my eyes. The music again washed over me. waving and spiraling. I felt at 'one'. I felt connected to the global consiousness. An undertow that you normally would never feel. I caught it and rode it like a wave in the ocean, letting the water wash over my body, and letting myself sink to the bottom of the sea.
I got up and realized that I had to go to the bathroom. I told my friend and he replied "it's epic everytime" I looked at him weird and just walked away. Just my luck the bathrooms were full and there was a long line to wait for. I tried to wait but I REALLY had to go because I had been holding it in so I could hear Telene's set. I figured I would go over (to the other side of the camp) and relieve myself near my truck. The trek was long and I danced the whole way to the music echoing in and around the camp. I saw this area I didn't know was there and it had sheep in it and a little green murky pond. As I stood there and wondered "what the hell is this?" I noticed that each of the 20 or so sheep were looking at me -- frozen in time. The music being played was errie and mystical and slow... it was so perfect for this point in time it seemed (staring at sheep and them starring back and whatnot). All of the sheep moved their mouth at the same time, and said in a high sheep voice "do - you - get - it?" I thought that I had! That I was being tuned in? ... oh shit... I still needed to go to the bathroom. I hurried over to the place near my truck and when I was finally done going pee I noticed the forest from where I was standing. and thought "ok, I get the re-tuning thing... but ... oh. IT... IT must be what I am being tuned in to!!!!" so I looked around and tried to find what IT was. What I was being tuned in to. IT. Fuck now I was under pressure, the acid could fade away at any point and I wanted to grasp IT before I left. Everything started to move. everything together. swayed from left to right at the same time, all of the grass beneath me, all of the trees around me. the clouds and the sky and the setting sun. Everything together. Sitting on my truck looking over the forrest I 'got it'. but couldn't describe it.
I felt as if I needed to be tuned, maybe one more time...
FREQUENCY 10 (the final turn):
The visuals stopped. From one blink to the next. I found a chair in a central location where everyone passed by and I sat there with my glasses on, my hoodie on and leaning back, watching everyone pass by. Exemplification of persona and character. Everyone was unique but underlying it all was a common current. We were all here for the same reason
--to experience life
given this beautiful gift of circumstance and existance. The faces of the people around me stopped morphing and I realized that they had been morphing so that I would not pay attention to any one person, but so that I would pay attention to something deeper than physical perception. But now that I had 'gotten it' even though I couldn't describe 'it', the acid let me see people again for who they are physically. Showing me 'yes indviduality' but that 'there is an underlying theme and flow of life'
Something to not be described in words.
Pyro
------------------
--------
Frequency. Music. Sound. Imagination. Reality. Worlds. Hope. Love. Communication. Common Sense. Community.
[This message has been edited by Pyro (edited 19 June 2000).]
[This message has been edited by Pyro (edited 20 June 2000).]

Okay, I'm trying to string together some reply, and I've got a handful of stupid words like awestruck and envy and such.. imagery. But they don't wanna be a sentance I guess.
Sigh.. Trip is my favorite drug. I can't help it. I want to love ecstasy of course.. Empathy and understanding, a chemical that makes me wanna just melt all over someone and hug them and shit. I mean, it's all very loving and noble. I understand why it has such a fan club, places like Bluelight, with users like EtardEd-faEry-princEsss and iLuvRollin and whatever.
But... man. LSD. There's something about insanity. There's definitely something about the world suddenly dripping with wild colorful glimpses of my own consciousness.
And yeah, everyone talks about how you can connect with your friends on E, but have you ever connected with someone on trip? Have you?
smile.gif
It's *hard*, mind. It's so hard not to fall into yourself, hard to get overwhelmed to the point where you can't talk to anyone beyond short little sentances, hard to avoid that alien feeling, not quite lonely but definitely removed from the normal world.
Not that those solitary trips aren't a blast.. But there's something mindblowing about managing to fall into sync with another person, tripping and hitting those frequencies you spoke of together...
I remember my friend Kristen, with her shaved head and her sunshine smile, going off about a trip she shared with a boy James.. James was a 'tough' black kid, or tried to seem it, but she talked about how they were frying together in his apartment one night... They'd been talking and she'd been depressed, somewhat suicidal those past few weeks... There with him she'd been trying to get some of it out but it hurt and she said she started to feel that her soul trying to slip away -- and that her breath was trying to pull out of her chest. She talked about how she could breath out but how hard it was to breath *in*... He'd been trying to soothe her, "You're just freaking out baby," but then gasped, "O God," and murmured that he could SEE it, he believed her... And then he was reigning it in somehow, mentally, like throwing these blue electric ropes around this static white energy that he knew was her.. Then he was cupping her face and touching his forehead to hers, and they were both dripping sweat, and could BOTH see this net of fiery blue-white energy all around them, shrinking slowly, until it had settled into both of them and disappeared and she could breath freely again and they just held eachother for a long time..
I'd never tripped when she'd first tried to explain, so at the time I was like, "uhh, girl, you shouldn't drop that much acid next time maybe..." But now I understand, and appreciate why that night was so amazing for her.
I've had my moments too... Crazy times, seeing the same thing, reading their emotions perfectly and swearing I was SO CLOSE to being able to read their thoughts.. You lose that alien feeling because there's someone there with you in this crazy-ass world, and if THEY see it, and THEY can't piece their thoughts together in straight lines any better than you, then hey, you're not alone and it's just a whacked out psychadelic world that's just waiting to be explored.
Whssh, rambles. Where was I? Oh yeah..
Awestruck... Envy... Such imagery.
smile.gif

I'm coming to California, ya'know. And you're going to take me to a party like this. You have to. HAVE TO. Got it?
smile.gif

So there's this ongoing joke, matching up Bluelighters Bizarro style... Spencer is Bizarro Brownman, Soulfly and Raverdave have been matched, Moppy and.. somebody, I forget most of em.
Brownman thinks I should be Flower's match, but I'm not sure why... Coz we're both girls? I dunno. Flower seems the sweetheart mom type... Heh, um that's not quite me I don't think, cool as Flower seems.
So Pyro, will you be my Bizarro?
smile.gif

~*~ Ashke ~*~
[This message has been edited by Ashke (edited 20 June 2000).]

*will post more when i get home from work*
but yes of course if you get back in time I'll bring you to one of the TWO remaining campouts this summer
smile.gif
. The one you'll maybe make it here for it Camp Harmony... which is going to be such a good campout. It's able to hold a lot more people than the f8 campout, so there might be some thugs... but all that does is make us lock up our stuff, no big deal
smile.gif
. Camp Harmony was a blast last year and it has a wonderful reputation. Harmony is a great group of people. That's August ... third week?
And now, as for being my bizzaro and me being yours, I think it fits. Remember the post "on optimism" ... I'm glad I even know what bizzaro means, or else I'd think you were crazy!
wink.gif
And yes, now that my head is clear and rested again I am looking forward to another trip sometime in the future... maybe next campout, or maybe august with you?! So hurry up and come to california! Everyone's waiting anyways!
Oh, and I do veyr much agree that bonding on acid, while a bit harder, is much deeper than bonding on ecstasy. I found that anyone I met , later as I was sober again, I felt a strong connection to while talking with them (sober). As opposed to ecstasy, you tend to write it off as drug induced a lot of the time. Acid had me bonded with everyone, on a global level, they just didn't know it
smile.gif
It would be so nice to trip with someone who could stay with me, and remain on that level... I could have talked and chatted with someone, if someone would let me take the time to force out words
smile.gif
. A lot of people would just get frustrated and I'd have to say "forget it".
time for work! bye bizzaro girl!
wink.gif

Pyro
------------------
--------
Frequency. Music. Sound. Imagination. Reality. Worlds. Hope. Love. Communication. Common Sense. Community.

I was tired when I wrote the above, and now I'm back from work. but yes
You can be bizzaro Pyro
if I can be bizzaro Ashke!
smile.gif

a fair trade
Pyro
------------------
--------

THANKYOU PYRO.
that was a great trip report, wish l was there. psychedelics are so much fun. What is it about the number 3? I have come in contact with it many times, in & out of trips. Ok, i'll tell you about my main experience with that number. Perhaps it'll reflect your own experience somehow, or maybe its just to help me understand mine.
Well, it begins with 1.
The trip started off normally, and l know what you meant by finding IT. l also was looking for IT, but where ever l looked only revealed a glimpse. l soon decided that I was looking the wrong way and so l sat down and closed my eyes. Swirling visuals confronted me, when l opened my eyes i saw the same thing. So l closed them and concentrated on the way they came into view, expanded, interacted and soon flowed away to reveal a new layer. It was very hypnotising and l came to realise that this is life. That this hypnotic, evolving and repeating show is made of the same energy that confronts us everyday. I soon realised that this 'show' would not end, that l could lose myself within it until the end of the trip. l become frustrated and looked for more.
So l found 2.
My perception of these events flowed back. l was no longer in the 'front seat'. It was as if l moved further away inorder to see this flow without being caught up in its mindloop. Very wierd. What l saw, or rather what l felt, was countless of colors flowing within the one stream, all connected, all interacting with each other. Rather beutiful if l do say so. Once again l felt that this was an insight of life.
Then i came to three..
l moved within the first and second percpective for a while, but soon l moved back even further, and to the right. l was now looking at this flow, this stream from side on. l could see the darkness sourounding it, coming into it. l could also see the flow coming in from beyond my vision, flowing in a straight line past me and into the beyond again. The intensity of the colors were not reduced as time past. Some patterns disapeared into the darkness, but were replaced by other more complex ones. They all interacted in such a natural manner. None of them flowed out of the stream, but each flowed its individual way within the stream, adding to it and creating it. It was quiet an experience watching these colors pass through space/time.
But soon it came to an end. The hassy colors once again straightened, and hardened into the world around me. l dont know if this has any relevance to your experience, l suppose it would depend on your percpective. Its hard expressing everything into words, but l think i gave an ok guide line. hope you write up another report soon.
------------------
We must discover new frontiers... People have been standing for centuries before a worm-eaten door, making pinholes in it with increasing ease. The time has come to kick it down, for it is only on the other side that everything begins.
-Raoul Vaneigem

ok i have never done any psychedellics, but man that report makes me want to! i just have a question...which should i try first acid or mush? cause i have heard from a few people not to try acid until i have tried mush, kind of like acid being mushes bigger bro. comments? suggestions? they'd be appreciated!
------------------
~*day_for_night*~
"Maybe this is another planet's hell." PLURR

Pyro I have complete envy of you that is the most beutiful thing that I have read in my life. Thank you so very much for opening up and letting me just have a peak at your world
P.L.U.R
------------------
rolling is like breathing in the universe

That was a GREAT trip report pyro, you made me very very very jealous
smile.gif

Day_for_night, I don't think it matters.
I tried acid long before I tried mushrooms, if I had the origional choice again, I'd still try the acid first.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by SolarFlare6 (edited 30 October 2000).]

Pyro-I saw this yesterday but did not have time to focus and read so first thing this morning, Halloween, while me being very stoned at work, I came back to it, read the entire thread, and LOVED IT!!! Thank you, Renee

Incredible trip and incredible trip report. In my opinion LSD regiens above all drugs. Because it has the ability to detach you from reality and allows for such concise and condensed reflective thought. THat is what i look for in a drug and acid is just offers all of it and much much more. Man am i jealous right now.....

I would love to here your 'it' stories for salvia and E. This one and the mushroom one were great.
------------------
fear is temporary, regret is forever

i love you pyro,
ive yet to try a psychadelic but i know when i do the world will start to make sense,
life functions mysteriously.
i was not even aware of this board when u posted yet, as Colin Laney of Gibson's novels i am guided to those 'nodes' online which make the supreme sense. The energy of your post contacted my destiny, and i found it.
thank you,
~:0

pyro, that was a VERY interesting and well written account... great imagery and description... and the content was...hhhmmmm.. ok, i'll say it - inspiring

pyro.. GREAT POST. that was so absolutly awesome and all inspiring... thanks
------------------
Not enough ecstacy for me, not enough life, joy, kicks, darkness, music, not enough night. - Kerouac