Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Mushrooms - my first time trippin - one word

richierich

Bluelighter
'shrooms - my first time trippin - one word

AWESOME!!! ABSOLUTELY FUCKING AWESOME PEOPLE!
Let me say that this trip was my first using ‘shrooms and it was great! I did try acid once but it wasn’t very good and I had only minor visuals that I’d say were comparable to a strong roll on E, so there was no comparison to that experience. I also did my research on ‘shrooms through the various Internet sites, as well as picking the brains of a few friends who have tried ‘shrooms before.
I never use any drug without a reason and I always know what I’m doing and have a reason to make it worth the risks – that’s just me. I decided to try them because I wanted to try to deal with some personal issues that I was unable to come to grips with and I also wanted to satisfy my curiosity about mind tripping psycodelics. The SoCal meetup for Ashke & Loupy was the perfect arena for this trip because of the people and the vibe (see http://www.bluelight.ru/ubb/Forum25/HTML/000231.html?reload=78 for a full account of the best Socal house party I’ve been to). I arrived early to scope out the setting since I hadn’t been to this house before and didn’t know the host.
Because of my good friend *pixiestix*, who remained sober and was kind enough to email me an account of my trip I can actually give you fairly exact times for everything. Without her this account would be impossible, she listened to my explanation of the trip and her account enabled me to fill in the details that I’ll relate to you below. Thanks a million *pixiestix*! I’ll pay you back for this I promise.
8:30 PM
When I arrived at the party site around 8:30, I dropped 375 milligrams of NAPROXEN / NAPROSYN. It was prescribed to me for a back condition. It acts as a painkiller and as a side effect it makes my back msucles physically relaxed. Since I'm on a high dose,(for me) I feel a little bit of a buzz for about an hour. The painkilling effects, and the muscle relaxation last about 5 hours. Though I wasn't experiencing these side effects at the time because of an increased tolerance for the drug, at various times in the past I also experienced the following known side effects: dizziness, lightheadedness, drowsiness, slight headache, slow labored breathing, blurred vision, and confusion. Some of these manifested later when I took some G. ( yes I was aware that G could cause them and was careful about using the G because of that)
9:00 PM
Before eating my ‘shrooms, I had about 1 cap of G between 9-10:30, as well as about 2 shots of Carlos Rossi wine. The G was very strong so it was more like 2 caps instead of one. I think the G and the naprosyn was the cause of my slow breathing, dizzyness and lightheadedness, though I thought it was only because of the naprosyn at the time, after doing some research I think it was because of both the G and naprosyn.
11 PM
I had 1/8 of ‘shrooms and I ate them all around 11 when everyone else dropped their E. The ‘shrooms were tasteless and I was like eating peanut shells. I was very mildly under the influence of the G + alcohol at this time, and mentally I was excited from the great atmosphere. Several people at the party were aware I was going to trip on ‘shrooms for the first time and were supposed to look out for me.
12:30 AM
All my senses were being fucked up, though I was most aware of my visual distortions. It was hard to remain coordinated when walking unless I concentrated. Occasionally particular sounds would jump out at me and be very distinct. My visuals were really amazing to me – I saw halos around people’s bodies, objects would expand and contract, pulsate, and melt together. I was asked if I could control the images, and I didn’t have much success, but felt willing to “sit back and enjoy”.
1:30 AM
I felt euphoric – not high, but just really happy like a little kid is when it’s his birthday. I felt really in tune with everything, like everything was all a part of everything else. This was partly inspired by the way objects kept melting into each other, and how sounds were occasionally running into each other so that I heard just one sound. Sometimes the visual experience and sometimes the auditory experience would dominate my awareness for what seemed like a long time. I felt so much was going on around me and I deliberately tried to take some control over things and it seemed to work. It seemed like I could actually feel the texture of things just by looking at them, and that as they changed in my vision that I felt the texture of the object change too. I remember thinking how weird that was going to sound to me when I’m sober. Emotionally, *pixiestix* said that I kept saying to her how positive everything was. I remember thinking how connected we all are to each other and to everything around us. That thought was so emotionally profound to me that tears started running down my face and I felt incredibly happy that I realized the oneness of it all.
1:30 – 3:00 AM
Sometime in this time period I became aware of different sense alterations. Visually I sometimes saw faces on T-shirts and walls. Camera flashes were absolutely incredible in the darkened room, and I would see flashes of different color for at least 30 seconds afterwards. Auditory senses were different too, sometimes the noise from conversation and the trance on the CD player, would all blend and then one word or phrase would stick out in my awareness and be very distinct, then fade. Many times someone would be talking to me and I would not understand a word because of this effect. Sometimes I was able to gain moments of absolute clarity where things seemed almost normal again, then the moment would fade away. I thought several times that I was wet and had spilled something on my pants and I would go to the bathroom to dry myself off and discover that I was dry. During this time I dealt with my personal issues and reached satisfying conclusions that I’m still happy with. I felt no pain from my back even though I knew I should feel a little, and I felt very alert.
3:00 AM
I was very much adjusted to my new perception of reality and had dealt with my issues, so I was totally focused on my trippin’. Several people asked me about my ‘shroom experience so far and I had such a hard time explaining it to them and I was so frustrated that I couldn’t do justice to the experience, there were so many words fighting to come out that I couldn’t get them in order. I was touched that so many people wanted to hear what was said. I felt so happy to just be there with everyone, sharing the incredible experience with them.
4:30 AM
I was very much into the mental side of things, the visual and auditory distortion was still there but the emotional experience dominated the rest of the time. I felt intimately connected to the vibe in the room and the music was so beautiful because to me it seemed to be the bridge connecting everyone. These feelings of oneness and peace and spiritual harmony were very powerful and often I had tears of happiness from the emotion of it all. Sometime around this time I had a few more swallows of wine. Sasha & Digweed’s mix of Delerium’s “Silence” really stood out for me as the most beautiful song I’ve ever heard. Sarah McLachlan’s voice seemed so full of feeling and emotion that I wanted to shout and cry at the same time though I did neither.
5:00 AM
Around this time I had a conversation that I remember nothing about with 3-4 others where I apparently said some really amazing and profound things that impressed those listening pretty heavily. Unfortunately since we were all fucked up I can’t remember shit about what I said though. I felt really cold, possibly cause of the open door to outside the house, and began to feel some discomfort and pain, so I knew I was coming down, though the visuals were still there.
6:00 AM
I was definitely coming down and was just chillin’ reflecting over the whole experience, I felt normal enough to drive by 8:30 and left.
Overall this was the most unique experience I’ve ever had – nothing else comes close. Sometimes the experience threatened to be overwhelming emotionally and in regard to my senses, but I was always able to avoid anything negative and always regained control. I’m so glad I planned the whole experience out beforehand. If the setting or vibe were different it could have been a very negative trip, so be careful people be around people who will be supportive if you need it. I think that a shorter trip would have been better too, I tripped for a long time, so next time I’d like to take maybe half as much and see what happens. I think it pays to be emotionally stable and strong about yourself because if you have any issues this drug will certainly bring them to your attention and if you’re not ready to deal with them look out! Mad props out to sweetpea for being such a wonderful host to me and the other bluelighters! She set a wonderful tone with her willingness to trust a bunch of strangers. Mad props out to writnpage and *pixiestix* for listening to my account of this trip and remembering so much of it for me. Without you two I wouldn’t have been able to write all these details – you made it all come back to me. This experience was probably the best trip I've ever had done carefully shrooms are a lot of fun!
Be safe, be real,& be true party people!
Richierich J
------------------
"I believe in the human race. I believe in the warm heart. I believe in the goodness of a free society. And I beleive that the society can remain good only as long as we are wiling to fight for it and to fight against whatever imperfections may exist."
--Jackie Robinson--
[This message has been edited by richierich (edited 29 November 2000).]

That is so great that you had such a wonderful trip first time on 'shrooms! I have never had that emotional of a trip before but I think I really need one!
Angie

Thanks a lot NastY_RoLLeR! I think the shrooms give you what you want them too, I was looking inward at myself and outward at my party people so I had lots of emotional experiences once I got used to the visuals. Good luck on that next trip!
------------------
"I believe in the human race. I believe in the warm heart. I believe in the goodness of a free society. And I beleive that the society can remain good only as long as we are wiling to fight for it and to fight against whatever imperfections may exist."
--Jackie Robinson--

Sounds like you had a great time rich!!! Too bad I didn't make it to trip with ya!!! maybe some other time, right? Big Hug:{{{{{{{{richierich}}}}}}}}
*PLUR*
------------------
"Take my hand and come with me...close your eyes and dream."

glad I was there to share your awesome experience with you!
biggrin.gif

thank YOU for taking the time to be so detailed in your descriptions of what you were feeling/seeing/thinking.
Hope to see you on New Year's!
*Pixie*
------------------
"On with the dance! Let joy be unconfin'd; no sleep till morn, when Youth and Pleasure meet; to chase the Glowing Hours with flying feet--" ~Lord Byron
AIM: PixieKissEE

That was beautiful. I am really happy to hear of your incredible experience (finally)!

Very nice trip report richierich. I hate to do this, but I must. Naprosyn is mere prescription strength Aleve. It has NO muscle relaxing properties and no buzz. The effects are definatly plecebo.
------------------
"I have discovered that common sense is quite uncommon" My name here

e_baby: (richie sends a big loving cyber hug back at her
smile.gif
)
Right on girl you know there will be a party time soon where we can BOTH be there!
*Pixie* Stix:
Awww gee thanks *Pixie*!
morninggloryseed:
Yes naprosyn has no innate muscle relaxing properties itself but because it's such a great pain reliever for my particular condition, the reduced pain results in the back muscles relaxing and losing tension. This is from my doctor and my own personal experience. In additionm, I suppose I must clarify what I meant by some of the other effects I described like "a little buzzed" - From this statement I meant that this drug at times has made me feel dizziness, lightheadedness, drowsiness, or headache, slow labored breathing, blurred vision, and confusion. It doesn't now cause my tolerance is up. At that time I 'shroom tripped, I usually felt lightheaded like when drinking alcohol after taking my naprosyn-hence my referance to "buzzed" , after I took the G, I also experienced the additional symptoms of slow breathing and confusion, and I had some trouble walking without assistance. Again, my doctor said the high dosage I'm on has the effect of relaxing my muscles because the spinal pain is reduced and the muscle relaxes as a result of the pain reduction. The other side effects If you still don't beleive me then look at these sites and read the sympoms of overdose and possible side effects yourself:
1. http://www.drugstore.com/pharmacy/prices/drugprice.asp?drug=Naprosyn&ndc=00004002828#information
2. http://medlineplus.adam.com/ency/article/002507sym.htm
3. http://www.med.umich.edu/1libr/prescrpt/inflam03.htm
4. http://onhealth.webmd.com/conditions/resource/pharmacy/multum8/item,72258.asp
I hope this clears up things for you and anyone else - oh yeah, never hesitate to say the truth as you see it man and technically you were right. I should have wrote that part better, but I didn't give it the attention I should have because I wanted to concentrate on the trip report, not the other minor side issues - I'll try not to make the same mistake again. Thanks man.

wow!, i have been thinking a long time on trying shrooms, your trip description is been so great that i can't wait to do it.
thanks for sharing such a great story, good luck.
peace and keep on rolling

wow!, i have been thinking a long time on trying shrooms, your trip description is been so great that i can't wait to do it.
thanks for sharing such a great story, good luck.
peace and keep on rolling

Yea dude...i soo wanted to shroom for the Longest time..but after reading your account...Im shroomin at Exhale!! i figure that i love the vibe, music and the people soo much..that my chances of having a bad trip are slim. ( i hope ) but anyway..thank you SOO much for this..and i plan on doing like 1/2 at first to introduce me to the art of tripping!
smile.gif

(its me...) frEddie d!
------------------
spineyes.gif

*P*L*U*R*..Ravers dont fall, they Trip, Roll and get stuck in Holes!"
AIM = InSoMnIaRolerBoy, BluElightRavEr69 ...IM me!
[This message has been edited by *Freddie d* (edited 06 December 2000).]

SHROOOOOMS there so great to bad there hard as hell to get for me. Im glad you had a great time with it. Does anyone else see everything like its one of those really nice Impressionist paintings. Its great.
VoAgEr

Voyager! I think you'll have a great trip Freddy cause the 'shrooms definitely give you what your looking for. I was looking inward and outward and so I had more of an emotional trip than most people I've talked to usually do. Once I settled those things thought the visuals were sooo pleasant to experience! That combined with great music will make you feel like your Alice in Wonderland for sure!
Enjoy man.
PLUR
------------------
--Jackie Robinson--

Nice Report man. I thought Napronex only came in suppository form. Also I think the Acid you tried was probably bunk, because it is much more intense than shrooms.

eltoro said:
Also I think the Acid you tried was probably bunk, because it is much more intense than shrooms.

...Sorry to be another drugs geek, but in the name of truth, this isn't necessarily true. I hold much deeper reverence to shrooms due to their intensity at higher doses.

Excellent report though! The first time is quite magical. ;)