Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

LSD + DXM -- First Time Combo -- Unprepared

HappyCamper

Bluelighter
Acid / DXM combo.

3 people. me and peakingduck lsd/dxm. ww7 lsd.
Doseage:
9pm: 1/2 a trip (Jokers)
1030pm: not feeling much at all, so 1/2 a trip and a J.
Started watching Bill Hicks which i have on tape.
Other friend starts seeing doors pulsate slightly, and begins a 1 hour giggling session at the shapes the clouds are making in the sky.
11:30pm: am really starting to trip hard. beginning to 'melt' into the surrounds. finally decide to have the dxm. 300mg. i'm 65kg, so a plat 2 dose. Put on the movie Baraka
11:45-12pm: dxm is really kicking in much quicker then i'd experienced before. am -really- becoming part of my surrounds, loss of feeling of -me- and just a feeling on everything in the room being one (read: disassosciation -sp?). Baraka becomes too intense to watch and is turned off. Getting hot / cold flushes. can't deal with much at all. music=good. movement=minimal.
from here, time had no meaning, thus all times are assumed / guessed.
1am decide that a shower is in order. am having very profound (read: seemingly to me anyways) thoughts and ideas, but, while i know exactly what i want to say in my head, it comes out wrong.
have shower, lit by candles, take 2 bulbs in.
close eyes and experience total feeling of -being- water. flowing and swirling.
snap eyes open. panic slightly as i had no idea how long i had been in there. hear music and recognise it to be the same song as when i got into the bathroom. sigh with relief and make moves to get out of the shower.
notice that i have almost totally lost sense of depth perception. make 3 grabs at my towel till i finally grab it.
theres a voice within the music. telling me what is going on. explaining what the drugs are doing. it calms me. i am totally serene as i dry myself.
2am try to make another J but fail. not too worried tho, as i start drifting in and out of little trips.
decide lying still is -not- good for me at this stage, continually stareing at things until they create a mental image i can't handle.
go for a walk around the house, which definately helps ease things as i no longer stare at things until they freak me.
3am: declare adamently that dxm has worn off, as does the other dxm'er with me. all of us start describing how we keep drifting off into our own little trip worlds. glancing around it is easy to tell. blank look while stareing at seemingly nothing, eyes blink rapidly once or twice and life returns to eyes and a little shake of the head as that person also realises they have returned from wherever they had gone to.
5-6am, decide to go to bed and try and sleep. am very tired (only had 4 hrs sleep the night before and dxm always leaves me exhausted). spend 30 mins trying to work out -what- my blanket was. i was not at my house so this blanket was strange. one side has like denim patches all over it, and the other just resembles a normal blanket. this confounded me to no end. the denim side was fine, but when i turned it over and it was no longer denim, i was confused. so i'd turn it over again, confirm there was denim, turn it over again, and the denim was gone. 30 mins later i wandered off to find another blanket.
3 hours of tossing and turning later in a futile fight against the visions, i finally get a couple of hours of sleep. woke with huge relief that things were sane again and actually felt surprisingly clear headed, happy and 'good'.
it was a very self-exploratory trip, as the abilty to describe things got severely reduced, mainly due to the dxm i think. after awaking, i had feelings of it being a semi-bad trip, but after talking about what we had each experienced, i came to the conclusion it wasn't so much bad, as much much much more intense then anything i had every experienced before.
the acid was strong. that much was very obvious. but with acid, you can usually deal with things still. ie most things you can pass of as 'just the lsd fucking with me'. however when combined with dxm, we concluded that your abiliy to deal with things gets stripped away, leaving you with nothing to help cope with the tripping / visuals.
i think -if- there was to be a 'next time' i would be much more prepared and able to handle it a bit better. i can't say enough how unprepared for how intense this trip would be i was.
not something to do alone i think.
all in all, a 6.5 out of 10.
sorry if this is too long.
bye bye
smile.gif

HappyCamper

That is phat, the 1st two times that i tried acid, i had dxm in me also. it is great how the peaks affect each other, and how the two types of hallucinations combine. it is a really amazing experience, but it also isn't too strong, it balanced nicely.
------------------
I am out like a fat chick in dodgeball
--Spyder

Interesting. I didn't like that combo at all. I tried the dosages mentioned above, coincidentally, and I blacked out for 20 minutes. It was fairly wirey and weird. It wasn't unpleasant, just pointless...for me.