• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Cannabis – Occasional User – Music exists only for me.

Master ContROLL

Bluelighter
THC (weed) – Occasional User – Music exists only for me.

I’m at best an occasional weed smoker. I do E more than I smoke weed; I only do E about once every 2 months or so. My friend (older and more experienced with drugs) and I are weekend warrior DJs. You could say I’m his protégé.
It had been a normal day like any – went to work came home – nothing special. My friend called me to invite me over so he could listen to some new records and CDs I’d acquired recently. We listened to a couple records while he balanced his chequebook. He had a couple of beers, I had bottled water (just felt like flushing it out that day). He went online to order some of the tunes I had, when he started rolling a good sized splif (joint). That he said an old acquaintance had given him as a gift and that it was supposed to be **really** good.
I had also brought with me a Seb Fontaine CD with me that I was listening to in the car (Prototype 2). It wasn’t even his latest one. Anyway, I put the CD on while he lit up the joint. He had about five or so pulls of the joint and asked me (knowing I’m an occasional user) if I wanted some. I was feeling very good, so I said “what the hell!.. Sure!” I myself had four or five pulls of the joint and returned it to him. He continued to smoke (he said he’d had a stressful day, and needed to relax). Totally opposite mind sets. It was approx. 9:00pm.
I felt a little tipsy at first like I always do . It’s the feeling you get when you know that you’re about to be stoned (Almost like the feeling just before you peak on MDMA). I was jittery, nervous, my mouth was dry. All normal things when I smoke weed, just intensified times 5.
Meanwhile the CD was playing in the background – we had been steadily turning up the volume without even knowing it until the pair of 15” Cerwin Vega boxes were sounding very VERY sweet. (just bordering on the neighbours complaining). We were in his study – It reminds me of a club lounge – plush black leather sofas, that match the desk behind his chair, cool lighting, great sound system.
The feeling all of a sudden was becoming so intense I thought I was going to puke. I look beside me to see my friend with a puzzled look on his face – as though he’d forgot to remove a fountain pen from a good shirt pocket before putting it in the wash. He then got up and ran around the room as though he was looking for an open window to throw a bomb that was about to explode. He would later tell me that he was looking for an ashtray (which incidentally was right beside him) to put the splif because he realized that it was stronger than he had anticipated.
When he settled back down I realized that without even knowing it, I (we) were flying at about 220 mph. We were Sooooo high. The music was instantly incredible. I was able to discern subtle nuances which previously did not exist to me. It was as thought I was being seduced by the music. My friend kept telling me how amazing the CD was (which was odd because he had heard it several times before). He kept saying “This guy’s (Seb) GREAT!!”
Then the music lured me onto my feet – and I was dancing – so was my friend. His girlfriend comes into the room and wonders what we’ve taken. She’s shocked that it’s just weed. She decides to stay and “Trip-sit” for us cause she’s never seen my friend – her acquaintance of 15 years and boyfriend of 2 – that high from weed in her life!!
Time seemed to stand still It seemed as though I was dancing to a particular song for about an hour yet when I looked on the CD player only 3 minutes had gone by. I knew I was fucked. I embraced it with every part of my being. I couldn’t believe I was this way just from weed. Just when I thought the music couldn’t get any better it did. It was as though Seb Fontaine himself was in the room live, hyped and playing for all he was worth JUST FOR ME! I felt at that point that music existed JUST for me. I was at one with the beats the beats were me. I could feel the music from the tips of my toes to the top of my soul. I felt safe and secure. I had surrendered my mind and body to the music. It was delicious, exquisite… HEAVENLY!
My friend feels the same way I do as we keep nodding our approval to each other each time Seb plays another tune more intense than the previous one.
It had been about one hour since the initial dose, and we were so scared shitless from the potency of the weed, we decided not to touch it again for the evening.
It was about 10:30 and I started to come down a little bit and feel a little bit more like a human being. My friend also was on his way back to earth – or so he led me to believe – he later said he was too embarrassed to tell me he was still stoned.
Paranoia set in after about 11:00, and I could no longer listen to the music comfortably. I thought any minute the neighbours (he lives in a big house) would come with police, break down the door and cart us off to jail (my friend felt the same way) so we turned it down.
After turning down the music the vibe just died out. We had the “giggles” for about 45 mins after that. I felt to leave soon after that, so I thanked him for a wonderful time, asked him if all that was in the joint was weed, and he said he hoped so.
The next day, I was definitely not myself. I felt as though I was under some sort of fog. Not quite as sharp mentally as I’m accustomed. I was right as rain the day after that though. For My friend, he had no real side effects – probably because he’s used to smoking weed.
Weed has NEVER EVER EVER been like that for me. I usually just feel stoned and have no enerhy after smoking weed. This was the closest to rolling without actually taking MDMA that I’ve ever come. I would definitely do that particular weed again. Incidentally I’ve done it since with the same friend out at a party, and it was the same wonderful time. My close friends swore I was rolling.
It was so good that I had to share this in this forum (which I normally don’t participate _ I don’t think I articulate enough to convey the true sense of the trip).
Much love,
MC
[This message has been edited by Master ContROLL (edited 02 January 2001).]

Congratulations MC!
I'm a 17 year pot smoker and new to E.
You were definatly smoking a Sativa. I'm curious to find out what strain though.
Not all pot makes you a lathargic, lazy couch potato. It's just a matter of finding a strain to satisfy a particular need.
Generally, Indica'a will slow you down and Sativa's will give you energy and wake you up. Whatever genre of music you enjoy will be made better by ALL pot. That's one of my favourite things to do after smoking. Just sit back, and listen to every underlying note that you don't necessarily hear while straight.
BTW, did you get the munchies?
[This message has been edited by skydigger (edited 31 October 2000).]

^
|
|
|__ Yes I did get the munchies. Nothing a bag of Cheetos couldn’t fix.
Thanks for reading my post skydigger.
L8R
MC