Design Competition v.02 - Desktop Backgrounds!

chrissie

Bluelight Crew
Everyone likes desktop backgrounds, right?
Well heres your chance to show off your stuff, in desktop form :)
Guidelines - The image should be 1024 by 768 (if you would like to make the image for every resolution, im not going to stop you though :) ) and in gif or jpg format
Prize - there is no prize, suck it up ;) The prize is perhaps having someone like your work enough to stare at it on their desktop all day.
Judges - No judges. If someone says they like your work, then that is your own personal triumph. If someone says they hate it, well sock them in the face, youre not going to lose anything ;)
Because there really is no guidelines but size, I expect a lot of contributions. GET OFF YOUR LAZY ASSES AND WOW ME :D i want to see how fabulous you bluelighters are at design. You can use designs shown previously and integrate them into a desktop. The world is your oyster, or some bullshit :)
That all being said... Lets get ready to rumble! :D

could you use anymore smilies? i mean c'mon! hehehe
well thanks for the kick in the ass, i'll widdle sumpin out of my design-block-of-wood... im bored these days anyway
so in few days i'll wow you all.... haha
Peace!

well if u ever meet me hk, ull realize that im all smiles :D
yea you need a swift kick in the arse. i havent seen anything from you in a while. SLACKER! start producing or ill have to come over there with my whip! :)

here ya go guys
url]

hope you guys like it
Peace!
(how many edits does it take to put a pic up??)
[ 23 June 2002: Message edited by: Housekid5 ]

sweet ass faerie!!...i'd love to work with the greyblue-snowflakes one. see what new creation pops out.

i love the bridge JF... thats nice, but i think it'd be enhanced with some words? i'unno....
i like the first one too, is that an airplane?
Peace!

yea the bridge does need something.... theyre not necessarily finished, considering that i am too much of a perfectionist and will go back and fix em :) and yes hk, thats the inside of a plane, i may have posted that pic before
so now that ive made some.... what about the rest of yah? neo? matt? do i have to get out my whip?

*Constructive criticism!!*
i like it!.. half from the frctals and half from the anime chick.
the fractal design is pretty nice, but the tiles dont really do with it.. *IMHO*..
had you smoothed out those jagged edges of the female form with the smudge, or the eraser tool, it would have looked much better
(not trying to be a dick, just tryign to help out!)
^_^

oh no pish, im ALWAYS open to constructive critisism (sp). there is no other way ones work can improve
oh and ps. im using your grafic for my desktop now heh

Here's one I made by taking a photo of my police scanner, then taking a picture of it on the computer screen. Weird perspectives and such.
Optimized for shrooms...
keypad.jpg

superstar graphics guy? that and the devotion thread in social are really gonna give me a big head :)
matt, you are getting better and better, that piece is quite* sexy :)
micro-- man your style is so diverse, this one being one of my favorite pieces by you. its the vectors, thats why :) definitely loving the tealish gate thing. the compostition and color scheme are wonderful. the only thing that is lacking is the text (im really anal with text) but good job :)
good job everyone really! im so excited to see this thread blow up like it has... but dont think this means to stop. i expect more designs on my desk by tomorrow, so be prolific like bunnies and fuck the shit out of your designs... more more more!!!! *head blows up*
:D

hey mirco, the 3d stuff is nice, but it wouldnt hurt to add some lighting in there, its pretty dark