• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Starting methadone tomorrow.. Questions about short term maintenance treatment.

showbe

Greenlighter
I will be starting a Methadone treatment tomorrow. I did it for 6 months in the past but had to stop because it was too expensive to continue.

I relapsed and will be going in for treatment tomorrow and I remember that they had a 3 week treatment program. I was wondering how that would work for 3 weeks. What dosage would be good to start with and how would the taper work for 3 weeks?

Anyone with experience doing it for 3 weeks give some input? That would be great to know how a 3 week program would work for me. My withdrawals from heroin are intense which is why I wanted to do a 3 week taper. If I do it properly will I still feel withdrawals from the methadone or is that not long enough for it to build up in my system? Any info/advice would be greatly appreciated.

You're going to feel the withdrawal no matter what. I've done tapers off oxy with suboxone taper, and still felt some pretty bad withdrawal when I quit. It's still an opiate, and it's still using your opiate receptors. What drug are you stopping, if you don't mind me asking? If it's something like oxy or dope maybe you should ask if you have to do the full e weeks, and just deal with the short acting opiate withdrawal rather than dealing with methadone, even if it is a taper.

When I went to rehab I came off 100mg of oxy per day, and they only allowed 3 days of methadone treatment. 30mg, then 20mg, then 10. It was hell, but in the long term a lot less painful than going through a methadone withdrawal.

I am stopping heroin. IV habit of .2 - .5 a day. I was on MMT before, but was wondering what a good dosage to start to do a 3 week taper? Ussually they start u at like 30-40 MG's. And was wondering how the taper would work if I were to start around there. Would they keep me at 30-40 mg for a week then start tapering me off 2-4 mg a day for the last 2 weeks?