• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Overdosed on Hydrocodone, what should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shyguy253

Greenlighter
I am a newby to opiates and this is my second time trying Hydrocodone.

This time I took 27.5mg of the stuff. I used CWE on 4 of the 5 pills I took. I drunk all the pill water at once, and had the pill about half an hour after. It has been 9 hours since I took the dose. I show clear symptoms of an overdose. I'm shaky, my breathing is a little shallow, but still can breath alright. At this point I cant really tell what is sleep deprivation and what is the drugs.

Sense the drug is only active for up to 6 hours should I be fine?

Can an overdose cause problems even after the dose is out of your system?

I have vomited a few times. Obviously my anxiety isn't doing me well.

What should I do? Will I be ok?

I mean you can push the envelope and technically call this an overdose considering you took more then what is usually recommended and suffered some negative side effects as a results of that.

I'd say that is more so a dramatic claim then an actual cause for concern.

1 more troubling side effect I'm experiencing is my face is slightly numb. When I pinch my skin I feel it, but it isn't normal. I figured this would pass when the high passed but it didn't. Again, I'm new to opiates, so I may be making an ass of my self and over reacting, but better safe than sorry.

Lay down try to relax. If you have trouble breathing or feel like you need medical attention, call someone. I have taken twice that dosage among other things as well and lived through it.

1 more troubling side effect I'm experiencing is my face is slightly numb. When I pinch my skin I feel it, but it isn't normal. I figured this would pass when the high passed but it didn't. Again, I'm new to opiates, so I may be making an ass of my self and over reacting, but better safe than sorry.

If you think you did, you should seek help---It's that simple. Don't post on a board with a bunch of untrained strangers until you hear what you want to. I could take a dump-truck of that crap and get zero pain relief or OD on them and one time my Dog ate as many (more) than you took and was fine, but everyone is different. You sound so worried about it-- the numbness in your face could be a symptom of a panic attack from your anxiety. At least when I have panic attacks, my face, hands and feet go numb from hyper or hypo-ventilating. However, this is my personal experience and I'm not a Doctor and this is not medical advice...You need to see one if you think you did OD. (Obviously)

You will be fine, don't panic.......

Since this is your 2nd time using hydrocodone, stick with the same dosage until you don't feel it anymore.

For a non-tolerant user, you should be OK with 15mgs for a few times of separate usage. If you need more, bump it up at 5mg intervals.........

Allow me to clarify... when I said "My Dog".... I meant my actual canine dog, not "self incrimination avoidance terms". lol (I got spanked)

Also, please let us know you are okay! I hope it was just a case of panic and exhaustion. I don't know you but I do know panic on more levels than I care to admit to due to my anxiety disorder so I understand.

Be Well!

Last edited:
I think I'm fine. Got about 5 hours sleep and I'm still alive lol. Just a little bit of chest pain because I was caughing up a shit storm. (Summer Allergies or something) Considering the negative side effects didnt set in until the dosage passed I would say it was just some anxiety. Sense I'm not dead yet I assume I'm fine so I wont be going to the doctor. I'm not educated on overdoses but I would assume that if I took a fatal overdose that I wouldn't have lived this long :D

Question: How long do side effects last? I'm still having a little difficulty breathing. Probably nothing to be concerned about, I also have asthma so my anxiety can make breathing worse. Not sure how long the side effects last before going away.

Sounds like you're about to completely go blue. I'd call 911, 27mg of hydrocodone is a ridiculously high dose, how you've survived this long is quite frankly shocking.. Not trying to be a dick, but you will not fkn od off that tiny amount.. You can't. You might get sick and throw up, aside that just chill. Go to bed, smoke a cig, quit thinking about it because nothing is happening. Also; I wouldn't start experimenting with opiates, it's a dark path.. Quit while you're ahead. It'll be once every few months, then each month, then each week, next thing you know you're blowin' dudes for $27 bucks a pop for your next Vicodin fix..

lol thanks. Thanks for the mini panic attack I got from reading the first part of your comment.

Sounds like you're about to completely go blue. I'd call 911, 27mg of hydrocodone is a ridiculously high dose, how you've survived this long is quite frankly shocking.. Not trying to be a dick, but you will not fkn od off that tiny amount.. You can't. You might get sick and throw up, aside that just chill. Go to bed, smoke a cig, quit thinking about it because nothing is happening. Also; I wouldn't start experimenting with opiates, it's a dark path.. Quit while you're ahead. It'll be once every few months, then each month, then each week, next thing you know you're blowin' dudes for $27 bucks a pop for your next Vicodin fix..

LOL, this x 100.

You just have to wait it out. Side effects won't last more than a day. They're unpleasant but they go away.

Let this be a lesson that you can't always increase your dose and expect the good effects to increase.

I'm closing this since it's mostly resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.