• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Tramadol inquiry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Compassxx

Greenlighter
Hi guys,

This is my first time posting..so if I sound like an idiot..please go easy on me!

Tramadol is about to become controlled where I live, therefore making it difficult for me to get. I've been taking it about 2 years now (about 10-15/day), and am scared of withdrawing. I've heard that Ultracet and Gabapentin are alternatives. Is this true? Tramadol gives me energy and also picks up my mood. I've had to withdraw for a few days before and it was really terrible.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated~

welcome to BL! If I were you, Id get as much tramadol as possible before it becomes scheduled, then make a detox plan. I dont know if gaba or Ultracet help tram w/d, but as far as that goes, tramadol is a VERY weak opiod. If you are taking enough to cause w/d symptoms, you probably should taper, and go slowly about it. A month or more isnt an unreasonable timeframe to come off of it.

ULTRACET =
(tramadol hydrochloride 37.5 mg/acetaminophen 325mg)

Last edited:
I knew that Ultracet was made up of tramadol, just wasn't sure if there were better alternatives out there. I have tried to research it, but haven't really had any luck.

Chances are ultracet will become unavailable if tramadol is scheduled where you live since it is a preparation containing tramadol as noted above. I'd strongly recommend not using ultracet anyways due to the acetaminophen. Gabapentin is a good withdrawal aid but will not 'replace' tramadol, only another opioid could do that. Tramadol also has an SNRI effect that makes the withdrawal doubly worse. Tramadol is related to venlafaxine and I would suppose it'd be replaceable in that aspect.

Hmm. tramadol, imo a nasty drug. Use gabapentin as recommend, its great for WDs of opiates, but maybe supplement it with small doses of codeine and taper off that?

Thanks EP. I will try your recommendation (if I can find the codeine). W/d's from that can't be as bad as trammy's. I had no idea what I was in for when my dr prescribed them to me. I had never even heard of tramadol.

Hello this is my first post btw, but I have just recently tried tramadol and have no opiate tolerance, and a good amount of drug experience and I've noticed that it gets bashed a lot for having no recreational value. But for me tramadol is the most euphoric drug I've ever done(haven't had the opportunity to try MDMA although I have experience with both hydrocodone and oxycodone). I can't speak for people with a high opiate tolerance but for others I think you need to take a high dosage and stagger the dosage to really get the desired effects from this drug.

Also I enjoy a regular opiate and there pretty fun to do, but tramadol just takes me somewhere that a normal opiate just doesn't compare to, and it's also got a nice stimulative effect. And it also lasts for at least 8 hours and longer if I take bigger doses(maybe because I always stagger the doses)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys,

This is my first time posting..so if I sound like an idiot..please go easy on me!

Tramadol is about to become controlled where I live, therefore making it difficult for me to get. I've been taking it about 2 years now (about 10-15/day), and am scared of withdrawing. I've heard that Ultracet and Gabapentin are alternatives. Is this true? Tramadol gives me energy and also picks up my mood. I've had to withdraw for a few days before and it was really terrible.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated~

10 to 15 tramadol tabs per day? Isn't that a bit much?

I use to take 50mg tabs & never more than 8 tabs in one day......I had gotten the zaps when I had taken 400mgs a day before do I tried to stay under 350mgs a day.

I won't touch tramadol much anymore now a days but if I do, I take 200mgs & 2.5 to 5mgs of Valium to level me off.

I'm surprised you haven't had a seizure by taking 625mgs of tramadol assuming you're getting the 50mg tabs & you've been taking it for a solid 2 years at those doses.

Hello this is my first post btw, but I have just recently tried tramadol and have no opiate tolerance, and a good amount of drug experience and I've noticed that it gets bashed a lot for having no recreational value. But for me tramadol is the most euphoric drug I've ever done(haven't had the opportunity to try MDMA although I have experience with both hydrocodone and oxycodone). I can't speak for people with a high opiate tolerance but for others I think you need to take a high dosage and stagger the dosage to really get the desired effects from this drug.

Also I enjoy a regular opiate and there pretty fun to do, but tramadol just takes me somewhere that a normal opiate just doesn't compare to, and it's also got a nice stimulative effect. And it also lasts for at least 8 hours and longer if I take bigger doses(maybe because I always stagger the doses)

You really need to be careful with those doses. Tramadol lowers the seizure threshold so you should not take more than 400mg of it.

If Kratom is still legal where you are and you are up shit creek with the tramadol hcl, get some and taper with that. The withdrawal profile and effects are very similar in my opinion and a taper is very manageable with Kratom. Take your time so you don't suffer from the zaps and other horrid shit affiliated with tramadol withdrawal. The depression from post-tramadol addiction can be crippling. It's pretty bad with Kratom too, but no where NEAR as bad and no dreaded brain zaps and shivers.

Yes I read about the lowered seizure threshold, and the highest I've gone is 450 and I always stagger my doses, I felt no negative side effects at 400(I wasn't shaky or anything and my heart wasn't beating to fast, only thing really negative I would say is trouble peeing) so I took the risk of taking 1 more pill and I turned out ok although I won't be taking this risk again as 350-400 easily gets me somewhere I'm happy to be and I end up pretty damn high all day

Tramadol becomes a schedule 4 drug on 8/18/2014. I would suggest you get as much as you can and devise a taper plan as has been suggested. Check for online places.

Kratom is a viable option but is also addictive so I would only use it in amounts that just take care of the wd symptoms and not to get high. I came off a 25-30 pills a day habit several years ago using kratom. But was back on tramadol within a month or so.

Thankfully I have my intake down to 6 pills a day, the amount I am prescribed. I was ordering 180 pills online every 4 months so that I could "play" a little but them days is over now.

Edgewise, I have been researching Kratom. It's legal here. There are so many kinds though. Which should I get?

Last edited:
Get a sedating one like Red Vein Indo or Bali unless you're looking for something stimulating similar to tramadol. Stimulating strains would be Maeng Da and any others in the Thai family. Malaysian is also a viable option which has some legs on it but it is usually more expensive. Most cost effective would be large bags of Bali. Read the Kratom Mega threads. There is a LOT of discussion on the forum about this. But beware, Kratom is on it's way out as well. Been either banned or restricted to 18+ in quite a few states in the US and more are on their way. Indonesia has pressed down hard on exporting so it's not looking too good these days.

Thank you so much dresbocop! One last question:how much should I try for the 1st time?

Start with like 2 teaspoons (~5 grams) toss n' washed if you can handle it. Read the other threads!!

We're not here to recommend you new drugs to try, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.