PDA

View Full Version : rolling two days in a row??

sharp sense
03-07-2002, 18:14
what I would be interested it is always said that it needs about a month to replenish your serotonin levels.....but I know many people who roll in a row and it works....they still have buzz....
From the medical standpoint they can not roll as it needs much more for the serotonin to replenish, so why is it??? have they all lost the magic or what???
Personally I most of the time take break for a month or even more, but I rolled in two days in a roll and I was rolling both night pretty well...

HydrA
03-07-2002, 18:50
but just think, your brain is trying to recover and replenish its seretonin, and already at this point the damage is begining as dopamine is taken up the wrong sites...your just throwing more chemicals at your brain and causing more damage, i wouldnt be surprised if you compounded the damage by rolling 2 days in a row
i dont see what the point of rolling 2 nights in a row is anyway, something isnt special if you do it so much, keep it to a minimum and it will be that much better
~hydra

nephil
03-07-2002, 19:39
Hydra, great response! ;)

mashead testing
03-07-2002, 20:13
I think people say it to be careful and to be sure, we cant really say if it will cause long term damage but if people tell you not to do it as often as it will help you in the long term and even short term then it might be an idea to follow their advice.
I think a lot of people just want others to exhert caution when doing things which we still cant come to a conclusion on about long term effects, I think its probably better to be safe than sorry.
As with a lot of things the medical books say they arent possible and it doesnt happen, but I think from many peoples experiences and from my own this isnt always the case.
The only thing I can deduce from this is that because they arent certain they are saying this to try and make us be more careful.
I have said in many threads, I dont think the good effects get worse doing it on consecutive days but that doesnt mean the bad ones dont.
If you value your health then be careful, its your health though so you can choose to do what you want with it.
[ 03 July 2002: Message edited by: masheadatronic ]

faris
03-07-2002, 20:27
how many pills were these people popping 2 days in a row? i'll tell ya, i went into this thing blind, w/no research and everyone else's misinformation. i used to roll both nights of the weekend, a 10-pak would be sufficient for both nights, and at least mentally, i'm a walking text-book def on the bad stuff about e. everyone's saying not to do it 2 nights in a row. listen to them! yeah it might be fun for the moment/night, but wouldn't you like to enjoy this as for as long as you can? MODERATION dude. who cares that others can blow up just as hard as the night before? it won't last long....

C21H23NO5
04-07-2002, 02:01
yes, you can roll two nights in a row, on the same dose even. It won't dampen your experience that much. Granted your set/setting is good, etc. Like hydra theorized, it does compound the damage, you're really doing your brain multiple times more damage than just rolling once. What happens is you release a lot of serotonin with your first roll, then the next day you're uptaking dopamine where you should be uptaking serotonin, and the dopamine is being oxidized into nasty chemicals (BLEACH, actually) and fucks up your brain. Basically, by rolling again, you're releasing still more serotonin but not as much as your first night, and then youre at the same point, but a much worse one now. There's even LESS serotonin being released the day after your second roll, and MORE dopamine being uptaken.
Plus the comedown from the second roll sucks. The comedown from the third roll in three days is even worse. You'll need benzos.

HydrA
04-07-2002, 02:07
[quote] You'll need benzos.
and how

drab4
04-07-2002, 02:10
On the second day you'll need more pills to get the same effect, and you'll probably be tired from the previous day. Apart from that there is no practical difference between the first and second day. I'm sure the toxic effects may be greater but you don't notice it in practical terms.

silverfucked
04-07-2002, 03:54
[quote]Originally posted by C21H23NO5:
the dopamine is being oxidized into nasty chemicals (BLEACH, actually) and fucks up your brain.
Not to nitpick, but it would be hydrogen peroxide(h2o2) .. I'd hate to see what bleach would do..

nowonmai
04-07-2002, 10:48
exactly the same, in fact.. they're both oxidising agents
is this dopamine reuptake thing still believed to be part of the mechanism of MDMA.. I've heard stories on both sides.. anyone certain about this??

X Roll T Balls C
04-07-2002, 11:25
I only did this once and decided I would never do it again.
Friday night I took a White Buddha and rolled for a good 4 hours and had an all around great night. The next night, I took a Star David (which at the time I didn't how good they were) and within 30 minutes after dropping I was rolling harder than I have EVER rolled before. However, this effect only lasted for an hour and I immediately went from peak to sober. It took a total of 2 minutes to go from peaking as hard as I ever had to the most pissed off soberness of my life. I had no serotonin left!!
Sunday night came and my friend and I were so depressed that I realized that I had to be careful with e and we decided to make a rule of once every 3 weeks. This was before I knew anything about bluelight or had done any research.
Rolling two nights in a row is NOT WORTH IT!! Please do not think that my experience of an hour of fun is worth the depression I felt because all I could think about was not wanting to live. I just wanted to feel normal but I couldn't. It took me at least 2 weeks to smile again.
That's my 2 cents.

Flug
04-07-2002, 12:45
I haven't rolled two consecutive days but I've twice within a three day period and it will either make you have high anxiety or you will get really "cracked out" (hallucinations, trippy feel, "tired" roll, etc)

crutrail
04-07-2002, 19:47
Yep, I completely agree with everyone on the fact that two night in a row is a terrible waste.
My first experience when rolling two nights in a row remained my last too. The second time is just medicore, maybe even below avarage roll that makes you regret you did it for the next three weeks.
You might want to be sober on the second night and just try to get the feeling you had the night before by dancing and drinking pure water. The theory of all the serotonin being gone from your brain causing you to feel like shit on the next evening is a load of crap in my opinion. What matters is how you make yourself feel. Think positive, dance and act as you did on e and you will have just as good time.
You might also skip the candies on the first night and be that much more happier on the second though :)