• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom dosing without scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generic84

Bluelighter
Hey,

I'm trying Kratom for the first time, this week. I just ordered it yesterday, 2 Oz. Red Vein Sumatra. I currently don't have a scale to use. I have read a few different posts on this and different forums. Guessing a 7-10 gram dose, would be a good starting point?!?! It is in powder form, is this a good starting dose for this strain? Is there a way to estimate the amount without a scale? Thanks, a lot.

Dude probably start a little lower than that, maybe a teaspoon or two and see how it affects u first...

I've been using good kratom every day for about 6 months straight now. I dose a teaspoon and a half, about once every 6 hours, although I use it for anxiety relief, and to not really feel opiated.

I'd recommend starting with a teaspoon. If you don't feel it wait 6 hours and try a higher dose. Redosing on kratom is pointless, I find it kills the high, and just makes everything kind of dysphoric. Probably something to do with the small amount of mu-antagonists, and kappa opioid action that goes on.

I've never ever used a scale to dose my kratom. I always eyeball it. I use the parachute method on a piece of toilet paper, so if it won't fit in a rolled up piece of toilet paper I know I'm dosing too high.

Kratom is not an alkaloid, but Mitragynine, and 7-hydroxy-Mitragyine, which are both opiate agonists are alkaloids. They just aren't opioid alkaloids, as they arent from the poppy plant. But any natural molecule that crosses the BBB is an alkaloid.

I've been using good kratom every day for about 6 months straight now. I dose a teaspoon and a half, about once every 6 hours, although I use it for anxiety relief, and to not really feel opiated.

I'd recommend starting with a teaspoon. If you don't feel it wait 6 hours and try a higher dose. Redosing on kratom is pointless, I find it kills the high, and just makes everything kind of dysphoric. Probably something to do with the small amount of mu-antagonists, and kappa opioid action that goes on.

I don't find that redosing always or even usually kills the high or always creates dysphoria, but there's a learning curve.

If I re-dose too high while I still have a lot in my system I get dysphoria, but if I wait at least 4 hours till after I first dosed I'll find that my first dose is wearing off.

If I then take JUST the right amount, not too much or too little, I will get good effects.

My percentage with getting good effects has improved to about 75% euphoria/25% dysphoria when at first redosing would usually cause dysphoria.

When people say "don't redose" I don't understand what they mean if they are taking it more than once a day??

By my defintion, taking it more than once a day IS RE-DOSING.

I also have been finding that I don't necessarily need a scale, but it's just taking a lot longer than it probably would otherwise to more accurately figure out the correct dosage for me.

It certainly is far from impossible to figure out a good consistent dosage with reproducible effects without a scale, just more difficult.

Kratom is not an alkaloid, but Mitragynine, and 7-hydroxy-Mitragyine, which are both opiate agonists are alkaloids. They just aren't opioid alkaloids, as they arent from the poppy plant. But any natural molecule that crosses the BBB is an alkaloid.

You have your terms reversed. 7-OHM is an opioid receptor agonist, but not an opiate. Opiates are alkaloids directly from the poppy plant, opioids interact with the same receptors but are not directly from the poppy. Some opioids are from different sources, others are derived from opiate alkaloids.

I don't find that redosing always or even usually kills the high or always creates dysphoria, but there's a learning curve.

If I re-dose too high while I still have a lot in my system I get dysphoria, but if I wait at least 4 hours till after I first dosed I'll find that my first dose is wearing off.

If I then take JUST the right amount, not too much or too little, I will get good effects.

My percentage with getting good effects has improved to about 75% euphoria/25% dysphoria when at first redosing would usually cause dysphoria.

When people say "don't redose" I don't understand what they mean if they are taking it more than once a day??

By my defintion, taking it more than once a day IS RE-DOSING.

I also have been finding that I don't necessarily need a scale, but it's just taking a lot longer than it probably would otherwise to more accurately figure out the correct dosage for me.

It certainly is far from impossible to figure out a good consistent dosage with reproducible effects without a scale, just more difficult.

By Redosing, I meant dosing again while the Kratom is still active. I believe Mitragynine has a half life of 3 hours, and 7OHM has a half life of 5 hours. I find the longer you wait til after your dose to redose the better, preferably after the 5 hours completely passes. Say a good dose for me is about 5 grams. If I take 5 grams at 7 AM, then another 5 at 8 am to try and chase the high, I will get dysphoric. If I take 5 at 7 AM, and another 5 at 11 or 12, the high kicks back in, and I rarely if ever get dysphoric.

Kratom isn't really a drug you can chase the high with like typical opioids. I've wasted entire days sick and having the room spin by taking 2 massive 10g doses back to back, back when I was a newbie. I think a lot of people new to kratom think it's like a normal opioid where more substance = more high. I'd compare it more to cannabis and alcohol where everyone has their sweet spot.

By Redosing, I meant dosing again while the Kratom is still active. I believe Mitragynine has a half life of 3 hours, and 7OHM has a half life of 5 hours. I find the longer you wait til after your dose to redose the better, preferably after the 5 hours completely passes. Say a good dose for me is about 5 grams. If I take 5 grams at 7 AM, then another 5 at 8 am to try and chase the high, I will get dysphoric. If I take 5 at 7 AM, and another 5 at 11 or 12, the high kicks back in, and I rarely if ever get dysphoric.

Kratom isn't really a drug you can chase the high with like typical opioids. I've wasted entire days sick and having the room spin by taking 2 massive 10g doses back to back, back when I was a newbie. I think a lot of people new to kratom think it's like a normal opioid where more substance = more high. I'd compare it more to cannabis and alcohol where everyone has their sweet spot.

Ok yeah I agree then.

Taking too much too soon makes me feel HORRIBLE.

I usually wait 4 hours, but maybe waiting 5 would be smarter in the future.

Does anyone know the density of Kratom? I use baking spoons to measure my kratom and they are listed in ml, i've been basing it off 1g/ml but it would be nice to know what the density actually is.

There is no density for kratom. From my source, a teaspoon of bali is 2.5 grams. A Teaspoon of White Vienam is 5.5 grams. Every strain has a different grind and consistancy. Seriously, you can buy a scale on amazon for $9 that measure up to the milligram. why wouldn't you?

Man, I always read people saying teaspoon, I always ate it by the TABlEspoon...I don't see how you could feel a teaspoon of that with or without a tolerance, I wish I could have though...would have saved me a lot of gagging.

You must be getting your Kratom from a shitty source then.

1-2 teaspoon gives me energy, a need to socialize, and a good mood lift.

Anything over 3 teaspoons or 10 grams will give me mild nodding, some sedation.

Anything more than 10+ grams will have me nodding for an extended period of time.

Just got kratom for the first time today, feels like it's working great so far!! Stomach pain at 6/10, down from 8/10, awesome!!!

Kyle empty ur inbox bro, your maxed out!!!

Haha, you're good to send a message now Cliffy. Didn't realize you only get a 5 message limit on this board.

just buy a scale... they're less than 20 bucks.

end of thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.